With Lesnar still uncertain, White says heavyweight picture decided in six weeks' time

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » With Lesnar still uncertain, White says heavyweight picture decided in six weeks' time
jae_1833
12/12/09 5:45:48PM
link

"We still have to wait here a little bit and see what's going to happen to [Lesnar]," White said. "Maybe he can come back. Maybe he can't. I don't know. We've got to see what happens to him first.

"I'm going to wait and see whether he has to have this major surgery before I make any big decisions. ... But it won't be long. We'll know about Brock in a month-and-a-half, and then I'll make that decision."
submissionartist1
12/13/09 1:03:33AM
DIDNT TAKE THEM THIS LONG TO STRIP SERRA OF THE BELT WHEN HE GOT A BACK INJURY AND HE WAS BACK QUICK.
telnights
12/13/09 1:15:56AM

Posted by submissionartist1

DIDNT TAKE THEM THIS LONG TO STRIP SERRA OF THE BELT WHEN HE GOT A BACK INJURY AND HE WAS BACK QUICK.

You need to read the rules about posting in caps. A link is provided for you below in my sig to the rules. Also they didn't strip Serra at all they just made a intern belt.
MiniMan
12/13/09 1:47:05AM
I am thinking UPGRADE the Nogueria V Velasquez to an Interim Titile Bout, That way they can keep one belt going untill Lesnars back, Then do the Undisputed fight. Also They can set up Mir to fight the winner seting up a couple good fights. If Nog wins we get Mir/Nogueria 2 and possibly Mir/Lesnar III.

I see PPV $$$
jae_1833
12/13/09 3:03:18AM
I think this is the right way to go about things....dont act on something that you don't know fully about you know. I still think that if a champ can't/won't defend his title for a year then it needs to get stripped.
bjj1605
12/13/09 12:07:35PM
I agree that Nog vs Velasquez should be for the interim belt. Its not just about the time that he's been gone but the uncertainty of his return.
LesnarISjesusWITHnoBEARD
12/13/09 3:52:05PM
I'm glad they're waiting on Lesnar's status before they make a decision. If he can fight in July, then an interim belt isn't really needed, but if he needs longer than that, it's a good idea.
BustedKnuckle
12/13/09 4:26:37PM
No way they can screw Carwin, if there is an interim belt it has to be a fight Mir vs Carwin. This is much riskier fight for Carwin but who know maybe Brock will be ready to fight sooner than later