Lesnar TKO

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Lesnar TKO
bls1919
11/16/08 12:47:37AM
Brock TKOs the most decorated man in the UFC. Holy shite. It happened just as I picked it but i still can't belive it. In his 4th MMA fight Lesnar destroyed Couture in the 2nd. what do you guys think?
juanez13
11/16/08 12:51:40AM
Was surprised to see Brock beating Couture to the punch standing. Randy's boxing has looked good recently (Sylvia, GG), and Brock landed a couple big shots before putting Randy down. Liked his takedown when Randy tried to take his back, slick transition.

Brock looked a bit gassed by the second, but I think it was nerves more than anything. He looked good, and if he keeps improving at the pace he has so far he's gonna pose some interesting problems for the winner of Nog/Mir.
HMA123
11/16/08 12:55:30AM
I wouldn't say "destroyed", Couture held his game for most of the time..

ALL respect to Couture, that guy truly is a hero, and is the best fighter that ever lived. If anyone here wants to bullsh*t about Couture, your crazy and have no respect for the sport of MMA.
Im just happy Couture went out the way he did, and was not to busted up. Still after the loss, was a great guy. He will truly be remembered.

Not taking anything away from Lesnar, he went in there and did what he had to do.
Give em a few more fights, see how he does, if beats em in a quick fashion.
I wouldn't mind seeing Fedor / Lesnar...

MALICE
11/16/08 12:57:38AM

Posted by HMA123
Fedor / Lesnar...

This topic is going to flood the forums come tomorow morning.
cmill21
11/16/08 1:05:57AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by HMA123
Fedor / Lesnar...

Lol I think that is a brutal match up for Brock, a guy who is faster, can hit like a train and can submit almost anyone. Brocks a big strong dude, but lets be realistic his game is still in it's infancy when it comes to striking and JJ, Randy doesn't KO people and he doesn't submit people, this was a pretty favorable match up for Brock from that end.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/16/08 1:15:02AM

Posted by HMA123

ALL respect to Couture, that guy truly is a hero, and the best fighter that ever lived.

are you kidding me?

One of the most overated fighter ever is more accurate .
imanidiot777
11/16/08 1:17:27AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by HMA123
Fedor / Lesnar...

Oh jeez, I'm a huge Lesnar fan but let us be realistic, he would not win that fight 99/100 and maybe even less. If Fedor went to the UFC obviously this fight would have to happen if Brock held the title but he wouldn't be holding it any longer.

His stand up game looked fairly good tonight I was surprised, we didn't get to see any real sub defense except MAYBE defending Randy taking his back but supposedly he's been working on his JJ. Should be an interesting year for the HW division.

imanidiot777
11/16/08 1:18:31AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Posted by HMA123

ALL respect to Couture, that guy truly is a hero, and the best fighter that ever lived.

are you kidding me?

One of the most overated fighter ever is more accurate .

I don't think he is THAT overrated but CLEARLY Fedor is the best fighter I have ever seen, he would mash Randy like nothing.
HMA123
11/16/08 1:24:18AM
Fighter isn't just bashing someones head in, true definition of "best fighter that ever lived"
Respect inside and outside of the ring / Class
Accomplishments
Commitment
And fighting.

No dought ,realistily, Fedor probly is the best fighter that ever lived. But i just give Randy so much respect, and everyone else should.

And definetly not overrated? Lol?
MMAcca
11/16/08 1:25:20AM

Posted by HMA123

I wouldn't say "destroyed", Couture held his game for most of the time..

ALL respect to Couture, that guy truly is a hero, and is the best fighter that ever lived. If anyone here wants to bullsh*t about Couture, your crazy and have no respect for the sport of MMA.
Im just happy Couture went out the way he did, and was not to busted up. Still after the loss, was a great guy. He will truly be remembered.

Not taking anything away from Lesnar, he went in there and did what he had to do.
Give em a few more fights, see how he does, if beats em in a quick fashion.
I wouldn't mind seeing Fedor / Lesnar...

Let's see him try and get anywhere near to beating Big Nog first.......
casey64
11/16/08 3:04:20AM
Amazing.
postman
11/16/08 10:46:30AM
I felt Randy had the fight were he wanted it he was gassing brock and if he didn't get hit we would have seen him control more and more of the fight due to the gas tank running low. There are two realitys when it comes to Brock Lesnar:

1. He will never be good past 2.5 rounds the has too much muscle that muscle needs oxegen and in the middle of a 5 round fight is nowhere to find it.

2. If you get punhched in the face by thoses cinder blocks he calls hands you are going to fall.

Anyone else feel that if Randy had weatherd that last storm that would have been it for Brock, he would have " Blown his wad" ? He prob will knock Nog down but Nog is so quick to recover from a big shot and tie you up he wastes that energy with Hammer fists like we have seen him do 2 times now he is going to gas. Congrats To Brock he just beat a legend.
Rush
11/16/08 11:12:31AM

Posted by postman

1. He will never be good past 2.5 rounds the has too much muscle that muscle needs oxegen and in the middle of a 5 round fight is nowhere to find it.

If he is controlling the pace of the fight, then I think he can go 4 or 5 rounds, but if he is not controlling the pace, he will get tired. Randy being smaller, could push a faster pace and I think that was his game plan to take him into a longer battle. The thing is, I don't know how much energy Randy would have used trying to take Brock down. Brock looked like he was handling a child, tossing Randy around pretty effortlessly.

I think the key to Brock's success will be fighting smart fights, at least until he gets another 2 or more years experience.