Lesnar proved this hater wrong.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lesnar proved this hater wrong.
POLL: Who is now off the list of people that aren't impressed with lesnar?
I am off now! 76% (19)
I'm still on the list. 24% (6)
haggiswashere
11/16/08 2:44:01AM
Props to Lesnar on a good fight. He shut me up..... now the updated list of guys that i need to see more to be considered as good as everyone says:

Bisping
Filho
Machida (im pretty close to changing my mind on Machida lol)
Sokodjou
Junie Browning.

other than browning, Machida is fighting soonest i think and if he can finish Silva he's off the list.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
The_Metal_Maniac
11/16/08 2:48:25AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Bisping
Filho
Sokodjou
Junie Browning.

Machida should be for great reason considered the number one contender in the LHW division. If he gets past Silva he will be next in line for a title shot. Filho's last performance was a joke. If you can with stand Sokodjou for 1 minute and 14 seconds you have a 99.3% chance of beating him. Junie Browning has a long way to go before I would put him in a sentence with the word good. Bisping has looked good in previous fights. We will see how good he really is as he is now entering the gauntlet of the middle weight division.
haggiswashere
11/16/08 2:51:11AM

Posted by roncomanjason

Posted by haggiswashere

Bisping
Filho
Sokodjou
Junie Browning.

Machida should be for great reason considered the number one contender in the LHW division. If he gets past Silva he will be next in line for a title shot. Filho's last performance was a joke. If you can with stand Sokodjou for 1 minute and 14 seconds you have a 99.3% chance of beating him. Junie Browning has a long way to go before I would put him in a sentence with the word good. Bisping has looked good in previous fights. We will see how good he really is as he is now entering the gauntlet of the middle weight division.

so are you on the list still? i noticed after you posted there is one vote each and i voted for the change of heart.

lol i know i always get crap about my machida hate. ask ben_hutch!!!
The_Metal_Maniac
11/16/08 2:52:12AM
I had Brock with a 2nd round TKO over Randy.
haggiswashere
11/16/08 2:53:42AM
holy crap ya did..... i had to check!
Ordep
11/16/08 2:58:53AM

Posted by roncomanjason

... If you can with stand Sokodjou for 1 minute and 14 seconds you have a 99.3% chance of beating him....

I Never bought that hype, and always got flamed for giving my opinion on him.
Elimination match vs. Alexander for him.... what will the fight be after 3 minutes? .... mystery
casey64
11/16/08 3:01:47AM
Amazing fight card and victory for Lesnar.
Drudinh
11/16/08 3:23:35AM
I'm not hating but have not bought into the idea that he is at the top of his game yet. I do think machida is pretty awesome though
TimW001
11/16/08 3:37:08AM

Posted by haggiswashere
now the updated list of guys that i need to see more to be considered as good as everyone says:

Filho

Well said.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/16/08 4:00:02AM
machida will be off your list soon. Bisping is good but wont ever crack the top 5 . filho WAS great(watch his pride bushido fights) and even though looked terrible in his last 3 outings , still won 2 of those fights(by stoppage). If he returns to old form he will be off your list . sokodjou was extremly overhyped after the lil nog / arona victories , dont expect him to leave your list anytime soon . junie browning will never come off your list . Lesnar was never on my list , but i am realistic in regards to bad stylistic matchups( i picked mir round 1 sub , herring decision loss , randy ko loss , check my picks )
EvenFlow
11/16/08 4:08:09AM
Florian use to be on my hater list but after watching him beat Huerta in Minneapolis I became a fan and knew he was beating Stevenson but will lose to BJ badly.

Brock used to on that hater list and I picked him to beat Randy (sorry randy) and I respect Brock but the upper eshalon with BJJ black belts are going to be too much for him, Werdum, Gonzaga, Nog, Fedor anyone with great ground skills and JJ skills will submit him.

And I cant believe I was stupid and changed my pick from Maia to Quarry, I picked Maia to win as soon as I heard the matchup then for some reason changed, I am a believer in Maia and he'll give Anderson a good fight someday.

Nate Diaz is another one I never got into and almost always picked against him, I still think his bro would tool him all day but Nate is no joke and proved me wrong four times. (I had him beating Junior lol)

Kimbo got my respect by how humble he was after losing. Maybe boxing will be kinder.
dannyfrank
11/16/08 9:00:33AM
im so mad. i originally had lesnar and decided to change my pick at the last minute

but ive thought lesnar was good since his fight with mir. this just shows that he really is no joke.
cowcatcher
11/16/08 11:31:16AM
brock looked good, the fight went more or less how i figured it would even though it was heartbreaking.

its funny to me that you have a list of guys that have to "prove you wrong" thats that short when your record is below .500, i was thinking your list would have to be a lot longer
copcopps
11/16/08 11:34:41AM
I'm off now but I still don't think he's in top 10