Lesnar vs Overeem Dec 30 in Vegas!!!!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Lesnar vs Overeem Dec 30 in Vegas!!!!!!!
Next Page »
Poor_Franklin
9/6/11 3:30:09PM
DANA JUST TWEETED IT!!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

LATIMES
FastKnockout
9/6/11 3:30:56PM
Just saw it on Facebook. Wow. I didn't expect it to happen!
gartface
9/6/11 3:31:11PM
My jaw has been dropped, and I can't bring myself to pull it back up.

Holy crap! This is awesome!
emfleek
9/6/11 3:34:18PM
Very nice.

WAR BROCK
Twenty20Dollars
9/6/11 3:39:47PM
I don't think it's that big, but that's just me.

As they have both lost some steam, Overeem in his last fight against Werdum and then pulling out of the tourney. Lesnar with his loss and the surgery.

Glad Overeem didn't get an immediate title shot.
prophecy033
9/6/11 3:48:39PM
In the words of Peter Griffin "FREAKIN SWEET". Welcome to the Big Show Overeem
Poor_Franklin
9/6/11 3:50:13PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Budgellism
9/6/11 4:19:06PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Agreed. Very good fight and I really hope it actually happens.
pmoney
9/6/11 4:24:07PM
This fight is going to be disgustingly sick. I can't wait for Lesnar to KO Overeem standing

Although a Lesnar-Mir II style G'n'P display would be just as pleasing
prophecy033
9/6/11 4:30:00PM

Posted by pmoney

This fight is going to be disgustingly sick. I can't wait for Lesnar to KO Overeem standing

damn p$, why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel
icantthinkofanything
9/6/11 4:41:24PM
Dream match

I think the Reem may have this, because Lesnar has not been throwing the straight 1-2

... since Mir 2.

Randy, Herring, Mir were all stunned by the straight right
n pop that jab like he used to, setting up the takedown or a clinch, also Brock has to keep his hands up and not get beatdown like he did in his last 2 fights, because the reem's strikes pack some serious power
mrsmiley
9/6/11 4:49:22PM
Get-ting-diz-zy-do-n't-wh-at-to say.
Su-per-fi-ght-af-ter-Chr-ist-mas......................
pmoney
9/6/11 4:53:59PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by pmoney

damn p$, why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel

P$ always shoots straight my man!

I like Overeem, but I want Lesnar to get back on track. This gonna be a war!
Twenty20Dollars
9/6/11 4:54:19PM
I can see it going similar to Lesnar/Mir 2. Lesnar doesn't like to get hit and won't want to by Overeem.

Lesnar top control and lands the bombs from top for a tko win.
Franklinfan47
9/6/11 4:56:51PM
Very cool fight

but Im not sure how I feel about the winner getting a title shot. If Cain and Brock both win, we could see a rematch already. Too soon IMO.
mrsmiley
9/6/11 5:06:49PM
Okay lets brake this down.
What factors do both these guys have to get the big win.

Brock is going in with a definitive wrestling advantage against Overeem no doubt. But when we are talking pure striking Alistar hands down gets the nod. Not to mention he's pretty good with submissions. Yet,how well will those submission skills come into play against a guy as big as Brock?

I think If Brock wants to get the victory,stricktly looking at paper,he should train with Couture for this bout. Overeem has vicious knee's and single legs or double legs,though could prove effective,could be too risky for this bout. I think Lesnar's best bet is to smoother Overeem against the cage,get the underhooks,go for a trip takedown,and batter the K1 elite against the cage until he's unconsciouss or the ref steps in.

Overeem should capatilize on what Cain,Mir, and Carwin showed us works against Brock. He's got the skills in both catergories to get the job done.

I'm soooooooooooo Freakin pumped!
The_Casualty
9/6/11 5:26:24PM
I saw that tweet too, Nearly fainted haha, Demolition man all the way
kopower
9/6/11 5:30:02PM
So because this is most likely the main event, do we get 5 rounds
warglory
9/6/11 5:32:58PM
Alistair is going to crush Brock.
ghandikush
9/6/11 6:31:22PM
I'll avatar bet anyone for the Reem to ream butthole in that fight.
Cooler
9/6/11 6:42:46PM
RIP Lesnars career
prozacnation1978
9/6/11 7:41:09PM
With this
I am certain if jones demolishes rampage
A evans vs jones will be main event in toronto

Huge fight. And on a friday it does give me a option to go see it live
Manak
9/6/11 7:50:25PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Brock is going in with a definitive wrestling advantage against Overeem no doubt. But when we are talking pure striking Alistar hands down gets the nod. Not to mention he's pretty good with submissions. Yet,how well will those submission skills come into play against a guy as big as Brock?

I think If Brock wants to get the victory,stricktly looking at paper,he should train with Couture for this bout. Overeem has vicious knee's and single legs or double legs,though could prove effective,could be too risky for this bout. I think Lesnar's best bet is to smoother Overeem against the cage,get the underhooks,go for a trip takedown,and batter the K1 elite against the cage until he's unconsciouss or the ref steps in.

Overeem should capatilize on what Cain,Mir, and Carwin showed us works against Brock. He's got the skills in both catergories to get the job done.

overeem all the way.... I don think size will play a role as they are close in freakish style beast there. Overeem will finish him with knees, I think your right on how to work him to the ground though

from wiki:

Brock: 6'3'' 280 lbs 81" reach

Overeem: 6'5" 260 lbs 81.5" reach
papercut
9/6/11 9:43:10PM
hopefully the Reem can silence some haters.
RhythmAndStyle
9/7/11 1:12:51AM
i'll believe it, when i see Lesnar in the cage across from Ubereem..till then, w/e...
prophecy033
9/7/11 1:23:40AM

Posted by kopower

I doubt we'll need it
KungFuMaster
9/7/11 1:56:09AM
I think Dana has been paying too close attention to the Aztec calendar. I wonder what kind of fight Dana would put on if Nasa tweeted a meteor was heading toward earth? >>>Maybe GSP vs Silva????
KungFuMaster
9/7/11 2:00:46AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by kopower

I doubt we'll need it

You are in my camp. That is awesome. We are definitely going to get another accolade.
kingsmasher
9/7/11 1:59:40PM
Well interesting...Well Going by Rheems alst fight I actually am going with Brock...He will get a takedown....THis aint Cain Veasquez hes fighting who wrestles....This is a guy who cant stand to be on the ground..

Werdum was beating him to the punch....
bigrand826
9/7/11 2:04:38PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I think Brock's chin may strong enough to be able to eat a knee and still land on top and be able to go to work. I don't think Overeem has ever faced a wrestler that uses it offensively and Lesnar is not exactly the best guy to test your TDD against.

As I see it, here are the advantages for each:

Lesnar - Cardio, Wrestling, Chin
Overeem - Striking, Subs

I'm thinking if Brock is healthy, he will probably be stronger and bigger, even if only slightly. While Overeem has the better striking, he could still get clipped like Couture did and lose. Since battering Buentello, Overeem has only been out of the first round against Werdum and he looked severely gassed. Maybe that was due to the toe injury preventing him from doing as much cardio, but I'm a tad skeptical. I've heard that this is a 5-rounder, which will favor Lesnar in my opinion.
Pages: [1] 2