Lesnar lost my respect COMPLETELY!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lesnar lost my respect COMPLETELY!!!
Next Page »
HMA123
7/12/09 12:28:49AM
What he **** is up with him? After the Mir fight?
Getting in his face, sticking the finger up at anyone, talking **** about companies and fans? How could anyone like him?
Thoughts..
SpiderSilva
7/12/09 12:59:02AM
Whatever he just dominated Mir He is now the undisputied UFC champ hmmmmmm I can see him now
kopower
7/12/09 1:10:34AM
Well, looks like the UFC has a new bad guy. He might be worse than Nick Diaz.

I was at a bar so couldn't hear what he said. I saw the two middle fingers though and no touch of gloves? What did he say?
toolboxnj
7/12/09 1:39:24AM
As someone new to MMA, I didn't appreciate Lesnar's attitude after the fight. I personally can't wait until someone knocks him around a bit.

Stay classy, Brock.
imanidiot777
7/12/09 1:39:56AM
He said he pulled the horseshoe out of Mir's a** and beat him over the head with it. Then he said he was going to drink a Coors Light tonight because Bud Light didn't give him anything.
HMA123
7/12/09 1:45:07AM
Yeah the dude obvisiously still thinks this is the "wwe" , come one. I cant wait also till someone knocks him around. Mir tried touching gloves, Lesnar completely turns around? Come on noww.
hippysmacker
7/12/09 1:45:35AM
I think thsi guy is now the new Tito.My guess is he will have a small ,core , rabid fan base who appreciates his cockiness. He will also have the majority of people just tuning in to hope he gets beat. The man you love to hate can make a lot of money in fighting. He fought like Hughes though. Control from half guard, positioning, and short controlled punches and elbows. The difference his short shots do a lot more damage than Hughes do. I think Fedor would still wup him, and Cain and Carwin will be tough battles though.
theguido
7/12/09 1:48:03AM
Yeah it takes all kinds to make the world go round but he's not anyone that should carry the torch for MMA IMO. I understand there are emotions in this sport but Brock made himself unlikeable.
jiujitsufreak74
7/12/09 1:49:48AM

Posted by hippysmacker
I think Fedor would still wup him, and Cain and Carwin will be tough battles though.

stylistically i don't think Cain stands a chance. in the UFC, i say only Carwin or Nog at top form have a shot of beating him right now. Fedor i think could handle him, however those shots he delivers are serious damage dealers, and a few of those can take anybody out of the fight.

and on a side note Brock made me hate myself for picking him to win. i really hope i'm wrong and someone can step in and beat some humility into him. his actions were a display of the mentality of spectacle sport, not legitimate sport. he is great at making money for organizations, but he has to learn that he has to tone it down a little. really shows you that a powerful wrestler can still dominate MMA today.
Mayhem13
7/12/09 1:50:06AM
i didnt like it, but dude is just playing the "heel" role..and the UFC is loving it.

Fans will tune in, with hopes of seeing him get his ass kicked, and those that root for him will tune in to see him kick somebodies ass....making more PPV buys for his fights.

doesnt look good for the sport, and I dont like it....but it is what it is, a way of drawing attention to his name, and making him and the UFC more money.
Dastardly1
7/12/09 1:50:17AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I think thsi guy is now the new Tito.My guess is he will have a small ,core , rabid fan base who appreciates his cockiness. He will also have the majority of people just tuning in to hope he gets beat. The man you love to hate can make a lot of money in fighting. He fought like Hughes though. Control from half guard, positioning, and short controlled punches and elbows. The difference his short shots do a lot more damage than Hughes do. I think Fedor would still wup him, and Cain and Carwin will be tough battles though.

I agree
GSPCanada
7/12/09 1:55:33AM
both guys talked trash and u probably could have expected the same from mir had he won, no mir did not get lucky the first fight, brock just showed he was 1 dimensional when he shpuld have just stood with mir in the first round, i didnt really want either guy to win to be honest i just had a feeling brock would win anyways i think nogueira could bat him carwin and fedor, not cain however, I think dana white ruined mma by paying this guy bundles, he talks all this trash that brock wanted to be in the ufc so bad, what a joke go look at the pay roles for ufc 81 brock got paid more in defeat than noguiera (an experienced legend) did in victory, and then he gave this clown a title shot after 1 victory, . I hope the ufc suffers some reprecussions for that sposnorship comment,and I hope Briock & Dana get what they deserv. Only then we will see if dana has learned his lesson
mkiv9secsupra
7/12/09 2:05:38AM
I cant wait to see what Lesnar looks like unconscious with Carwin standing over him....OR Mirko.... either way i just cant wait to see Lesnar unconscious
jimmypockets
7/12/09 2:07:09AM
At least the event started off with some class with Akiyama and his corner kneeling before approaching the Octagon. Brock Lesna needs a beatdown like Bisping needed and got..........unfortunately I don't think Hendo can take on that task.
mentalcase
7/12/09 2:09:58AM
as much as i agree with you guys that Brock was very disrespectful after the fight and i was pulling for Mir

i think the reason Brock carries on like this is that he generates interest whether people are buying the ppv to see him win or to hope he loses the more money he gets fro his ppv cut, so showing the crown his fingers and talking **** after the fight just generated him a few $100 000
Macheetah
7/12/09 2:10:00AM
Yeah, I didn't enjoy the things he did before and after the fight.

His line about getting ontop of his wife tonight was hilarious though.
hippysmacker
7/12/09 2:15:56AM
Look, I can't stand the guy either personally, but chill with the fighter bashing. Too many , deleted , edited post already. The guy who started the thread made his point without crossing the line. i am sure we are all capable of the same.
hippysmacker
7/12/09 2:19:24AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Oh yeah, I think Barney chance good chance to beat him too. That would be the most pro wrestling style promoted MMA fight since Shamrock/Tito IMO.
Aaronno9
7/12/09 2:31:39AM
I just pray now that Lorenzo personally sees to it that Fedor signs with the UFC, even if its only for one fight. I cant stand Lesnar, his head is totally wedged up his own bum bum. I really cant see him loosing to anybody else at this point though, as dissapointing as that is
ncordless
7/12/09 2:35:12AM
Brock is going to own the HW division unless a) Fedor comes in within the next 2 years b) Nog's last performance was really just staph and he beats Randy convincingly... even then he only has a slim chance c) Alistair Overeem continues to get bigger and destroys the whole world through the wonders of science.
billycarnage
7/12/09 2:37:37AM
I am glad he gave up on those jackrabbit hammer fists. Now he is more dangerous than ever.
Macheetah
7/12/09 2:39:57AM
I must be the only one who thinks Lesnar would maul Fedor with superior grappling and punching power.
jstep122
7/12/09 2:43:03AM
Lesnar has to be the most undeserving, classless, low life to date.... Seriously, a guy with a 2 and 1 record gets a title shot and then talks sh*t on everyone else... Please!!!! How about earning what you have instead of having it handed to you because of your name!!! I know he's talented and strong and etc., but how about learning some class and paying your dues!!! I can't wait for the day someone lays his a** out and brings hime back to reality!!!!
cowcatcher
7/12/09 2:54:23AM
im in the minority, but i kind of like the guy. going after mir was classless, no ifs, ands or buts. the guys was pure gold on the mic IMO, he says those things to stir the pot and get emotion out of the fans, whether it be good or bad and it obviously works. i think if carwin beats cain thats got to be the fight the ufc is looking at putting together, 2 guys that big means it sells itself.

like i said though, confronting mir afterwards wasnt classy at all, but the way mir had been talking leading up to the fight makes me wonder if his comments wouldnt have been abrasive if he had won. thats just conjecture though, so i cant back that up with anything, just the feeling i got from hearing both of them talk beforehand made me think neither guy would be gracious in victory.
miphi1991
7/12/09 2:54:36AM
As long as Lesnar backs up his crude trash talking with vicious TKOs of hall of famers and former champs alike i'll be routing for him!
ncordless
7/12/09 3:12:23AM

Posted by Macheetah

I must be the only one who thinks Lesnar would maul Fedor with superior grappling and punching power.

I don't think you are the only one. I bet it is pretty spilt on who everyone thinks would win.

I personally don't think Lesnar would hold Fedor down like he did to Mir. I see Fedor weathering the storm and either locking the sub or outstriking Brock. Who knows though? Fedor isn't going to stay at his peak forever and Lesnar still has lots of room for growth.
fonduktoe
7/12/09 3:38:59AM
i didn't lose any respect for him
mir was talking just as much **** as him
he beat mir hence he spews adrenaline fueled bragging rights
the pro mir crowd booed him after a dominating performance which came as the result of a grueling training regimen
if i was booed after busting my ass for a year and a half i would bust out a finger or two too
he's not doing anything that hasn't been done before in this sport so as long as he keeps beating the best that the ufc has to offer he can bray all he wants
and if anyone is honestly pissed that he dissed a beer sponsor than i have a great circle box to sell you
loller90278
7/12/09 3:41:32AM
being a fedor nuthugger myself from 2004, it pains me to say this but...

i think lesner could pound fedor out

OMGWTFDIDIJUSTSAY!!!!!!
StorminYourman
7/12/09 3:49:04AM

Posted by loller90278

being a fedor nuthugger myself from 2004, it pains me to say this but...

i think lesner could pound fedor out

OMGWTFDIDIJUSTSAY!!!!!!

could....mabe but will he.
probaly not
UFCmma666
7/12/09 3:52:30AM
this isnt the wwe theres some sort of respect involved to after the fight just put it behind you and pick the guy up and tell him good fight it just makes me sick to see someone act like this unless the diaz bros do it
Pages: [1] 2 3