Lesnar, Gracie, Sakuraba $ Salaries

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Lesnar, Gracie, Sakuraba $ Salaries
hughesfan1
6/8/07 11:16:45PM
I can't belive Brock made $500,000 in his debut. Morton gets $100k for losing. Thier pay scales are screwed up !mmaweekly
xkillerbx
6/9/07 12:56:23AM
I would have thought Sakuraba would get more than $30k also.
waylon_o
6/9/07 10:21:43AM
UFC should take notice here. These guys are getting tons more than the UFC fighters.
james_the_candyman
6/9/07 10:54:55AM
No not really royce only made 300k his last ficght in ufc he made over a mill
jdubs
6/9/07 11:58:00AM
sakuraba only 30 grand compare to gracies 300... bulshitttttttt....
thats kind of insulting if i were him i would not have even taken that fight
Ultimate_fighter
6/9/07 1:23:30PM
Lesnar made as much as Chuck Liddell on his debut!?!?!?! WTF, eh??
Mayo
6/9/07 1:51:48PM

Posted by jdubs

Don't they sometimes have it where the winner gets 300 and the loser gets 30. So if Sakuraba won, then he'd get the 300?
Mayo
6/9/07 1:52:44PM
Anyway, I was very impressed with Lesnar. He showed some skill.
JMattson
6/9/07 3:22:41PM
Brock made that much because it was his debut, and he was the selling point for the card.

Chances are UFC pays the top guys a cut of the paid attendence, as well as other undisclosed bonuses on top of their fight contracts.
cjandnw
6/9/07 4:46:31PM
Brock will be the UFC heavyweight champion soon!! Big $$$$$$$
jdubs
6/9/07 4:55:09PM

Posted by Mayo

Posted by jdubs

Don't they sometimes have it where the winner gets 300 and the loser gets 30. So if Sakuraba won, then he'd get the 300?

sometimes but not in this case. in the article it says no win bonus. so each fighter signed with the intent of getting that fixed amount
madmarck
6/9/07 5:03:19PM
Why is a journymeny like Warpath getz 30k flat.
And then one of the top guys in the world Jake Shields only gets 12+12?

Does anyone know the numbers for attendance for this event?
I wonder if they broke even.
I find it amusing though, how they tried to break into the American Market but they were trying to attract and sell ticketcs to a mostly Asian crowd.
Seems to me the already had a pretty good foothold on the Asian market..... In Asia.
berylynthrynox
6/23/07 2:28:57PM
it would be interesting to see lesnar vs. fedor.
spider1179
6/23/07 3:43:52PM

Posted by berylynthrynox

Based on what???

Lesnar has only 1 MMA fight and that was against a guy with a losing record.
DuncanFan819
6/23/07 6:52:27PM

Posted by berylynthrynox

Yeah, it would be interesting to see how quick Fedor would beat Lesnar's ass. No offense to Brock, but there's no way in HELL he's ready for any top heavyweight, let alone Fedor.
CincySaint
6/24/07 1:00:55PM
So the real question is...How much did the DJ get paid? and How much of it does he have to give back for being the biggest shithead I have ever heard?
Mattyc
6/24/07 4:09:26PM
Ya the Purses are a litte messed up. But its the names like Lesnar and Gracie and pulled in the fans, thats how they marketed the event. If being paid for their fighting skills then yes Sakuraba would've been robbed. Unfortunately as a business, thats not how it would work out. Especially when you have someone like Brock Lesnar who has been making so much in the WWE. Any of the MMA Contenders know he would draw a large amount of fans but in reality if someone is willing to pay that much, why wouldn't he fight there right?
IMO Lesnar made more than he should have, but who knows.. maybe he'll live up to the hype and be worth the money in the long run for K-1
mma_fan_matt
6/24/07 6:13:32PM
Half a mil for Lesnar...
blowe1983
6/24/07 6:53:33PM

Posted by cjandnw

Brock will be the UFC heavyweight champion soon!! Big $$$$$$$

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! sorry i just puked in my mouth a little bit
berylynthrynox
6/28/07 4:13:50PM
i agree, fedor would kill him. i would still like to see it just to shut some people up.
nastshabast
6/29/07 1:55:45AM
fedor kills anyone let alone lesnar
KraziMonki
6/29/07 11:39:37AM
i hate it how just because brock is popular he gets paid that much money to beat a scrub for his first fight...i mean really talented guys make maybe 3000 after a fight if they are lucky....BS that is how i look at how fighters are paid today in MMA
rcg916
6/29/07 1:35:59PM
Heard on Tagg radio earlier this week that the salaries that were released were inflated... the tagg hosts were speculating that it would make them look like a better place to fight. Im looking for a link, Ill edit one in when I find it.
rcg916
6/29/07 1:37:11PM

Posted by CincySaint

So the real question is...How much did the DJ get paid? and How much of it does he have to give back for being the biggest shithead I have ever heard?

brilliant! I wanted to kill that guy...