lesnar vs fedor

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » lesnar vs fedor
tdietel01
3/8/08 9:15:39PM
ok everyone, i know im gonna get shit for this but thought i would mention t anyway............. first, yes i do realize lesnar only has 2 fights to his name. i think within a year lesnar could beat fedor. when he fought mir he made him look like a mw the way he took him down and kept him there. the man is freakishly strong and pretty quick too. if he works hard on bjj, escapes and all the good stuff he will DOMINATE the hw division. once again this is IF he works hard on his ground game and gets another 2 fight before fedor. i mention fedor cause he seems to be the unstoppable man. tell me what you think
Tailgunner
3/8/08 9:42:54PM

Posted by tdietel01

ok everyone, i know im gonna get shit for this but thought i would mention t anyway............. first, yes i do realize lesnar only has 2 fights to his name. i think within a year lesnar could beat fedor. when he fought mir he made him look like a mw the way he took him down and kept him there. the man is freakishly strong and pretty quick too. if he works hard on bjj, escapes and all the good stuff he will DOMINATE the hw division. once again this is IF he works hard on his ground game and gets another 2 fight before fedor. i mention fedor cause he seems to be the unstoppable man. tell me what you think

I think it will take Lesnar alot longer than a year to beat Fedor.......try 3-5 years of serious training and then maybe he could hang with Fedor.

I just can't see him beating Fedor anytime soon, even though Fedor hasn't had a lot of fights lately he is still arguably the best P4P fighter in the world!

Go easy on the Lesnar Kool-aid till he beats some real fighters!
Kracker_Jap
3/8/08 9:45:19PM
All I know is that from Fedors recent fight history.....

He would take a fight with Lesnar in a second

Also he would win and this would help him maintain his #1 RANKING (just ask anyone on sherdogg)
tdietel01
3/8/08 9:47:16PM

Posted by Tailgunner

Posted by tdietel01

I think it will take Lesnar alot longer than a year to beat Fedor.......try 3-5 years of serious training and then maybe he could hang with Fedor.

I just can't see him beating Fedor anytime soon, even though Fedor hasn't had a lot of fights lately he is still arguably the best P4P fighter in the world!

Go easy on the Lesnar Kool-aid till he beats some real fighters!

lol, i'll slow down on the kool-aid!!! i just dont see anyone that can match the serious power of lesnar
big_timmy
3/8/08 9:53:53PM
It aint all about power. Im a big strong guy, but im not claiming to hold it to Fedor. MMA aint what it used to be, with players like Scott Ferrozzo and Tank Abbot only winning fights due to sheer size back in the day. These men are becoming rounded warriors, and strength is nothing if you dont have skill these days. Anyone can GnP, but it takes more than that.

Whats the point of Lesnar's strength and GnP if Fedor just knocks him the **** out on his feet?
loonytnt
3/8/08 9:54:26PM
well, i think lesnar could beat fedor in a year in fedor had 2 broken arms, other then that no way
mrliquid
3/8/08 10:07:32PM
there are currently 4 Fedor post in this specific UFC and Pride forum just today Lesnar is like a big damn semi with no skill he just goes straight forward but eventually he runs out of gas like the mammoth he is and would loose by KO or get caught in another sub nomatter if you gave him 2 yrs to train with the greatest BJJ coaches or not he wouldnt win but thats more his lack of talent I still doubt Fedor's greatness.now please people nomore Fedor post atleast untill tommorow.

MALICE
3/8/08 10:15:37PM

Posted by mrliquid

there are currently 4 Fedor post in this specific UFC and Pride forum just today Lesnar is like a big damn semi with no skill he just goes straight forward but eventually he runs out of gas like the mammoth he is and would loose by KO or get caught in another sub nomatter if you gave him 2 yrs to train with the greatest BJJ coaches or not he wouldnt win but thats more his lack of talent I still doubt Fedor's greatness.now please people nomore Fedor post atleast untill tommorow.

How about a Randy topic? We cant go a day without a Randy, or Fedor, or a Randy vs Fedor topic. It just wouldn't seem right.

OK, being serious, I am tired of hearing those two names(at least for a while) too.

And as for Lesnar vs Fedor. I would see it going just like the Mir fight. I think Lesnar can probably takedown just about anybody with his strength and speed, but once they're down those sloppy hammerfists aren't going to cut it.

Fedor sub.
NatedawgThaM
3/8/08 10:24:08PM
Fedor is too quick and slick on the feet, he'd own him on the feet. Lesnar would get him down but Fedor would submitted him in a heartbeat. Haven't you heard? Fedor is the real life terminator. Mission is maintain the greatest fighter in the world ranking which he currently holds with no real loss.
mrkennedy
3/8/08 11:14:12PM
Fedor is to good for lesnar,yes with 3 or 4 years of intense training lesnar gone a be great but never in the calibar of fedor.
Rush
3/8/08 11:17:05PM

Posted by mrliquid

there are currently 4 Fedor post in this specific UFC and Pride forum

Not only that, Fedor is not even in Pride or the UFC
mrliquid
3/8/08 11:30:41PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by mrliquid

there are currently 4 Fedor post in this specific UFC and Pride forum

Not only that, Fedor is not even in Pride or the UFC

Exactly my point
Aaronno9
3/8/08 11:39:31PM
I could see brock ending up in an armbar pretty quick. Unless he decides to keep it standing, in which case hed get knocked out pretty quick. This seems like the type of fight fedor would be more than willing to take at the moment.
bls1919
3/9/08 10:06:06AM
There is no way in 30 yrs of training could brock lesnar beat fedor. Fedor is a freak he has somthing that you cant get through training, it a gift. Have you ever seen him fight.........he loks bored as he mops the flop with people its crazy
juanez13
3/9/08 11:09:19AM
i think Fedor has proved it enough times that Skill>size.
ncordless
3/9/08 11:27:31AM
Lesnar could beat Fedor in a couple years IF Fedor contracts terminal cancer this year.

Otherwise, Fedor via Armbar Rnd 1
John_Jobber
3/9/08 4:32:49PM
My official response to the title of this thread:

LOL
Pitbull09
3/9/08 11:45:31PM

Posted by juanez13

i think Fedor has proved it enough times that Skill>size.

lol I think Mir vs Lesnar even proved that. Im pretty sure the guy who posted this was the only guy who didnt see a 1st round sub happening. I did and Im sure over 50% did as well.

Mac Danzig vs. Tommy Speer (Skill > size)
Mir vs Lesnar (Skill > size)
Fedor vs. Giant Korean (Skill > size)

to you man,
GOOD DAY SIR!
Pookie
3/10/08 12:06:31AM
This couldnt have been a serious topic.
Mayhem13
3/10/08 12:20:23AM

Posted by big_timmy

Whats the point of Lesnar's strength and GnP if Fedor just knocks him the **** out on his feet?

I dont think Feodrs ever knocked anyone the **** out on his feet...not saying Lesnar would win (cause he wouldnt)... but I dont see it ending like that.
Pookie
3/10/08 12:23:41AM

Posted by Mayhem13

Posted by big_timmy

I dont think Feodrs ever knocked anyone the **** out on his feet...not saying Lesnar would win (cause he wouldnt)... but I dont see it ending like that.

its weird, because fedor does hit incredibly hard and does clip most of his opponents with a shot that drops them... but he has practically no tko victories.

Mayhem13
3/10/08 12:25:26AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Mayhem13

Posted by big_timmy

its weird, because fedor does hit incredibly hard and does clip most of his opponents with a shot that drops them... but he has practically no tko victories.

I know. I think he uses his good strikes to work his way in and get the takedown...and just finish it from there. I am sure if he really wanted to though he could add a few KO's to the list...
skatenate
3/10/08 9:00:17PM
i think in quite a long time, when lesnar has had alot more gihhts under his belt, i think lesnar vs. fedor would be an awesome fight, to close to pick i think
ICSlegend
3/10/08 9:56:22PM

Posted by Mayhem13

Posted by big_timmy

He doesn't need to knock out Lesnar on the feet. But he could just Goodridge him. And of course the TS has not considered the clinch game, of which Fedor is master of. I don't think Lesnar could take down Fedor anyway, he would end up getting Sambo tossed and armbarred/gnp'd out.

Despite all of this, I would still like to see this fight after Lesnar gets some good wins, he's definitely one of the most athletic heavies ever.
bls1919
3/10/08 10:49:23PM
i would love and i do mean LOVE!!! to see fedor put Brock in the crusafix and land elbows like big daddy goodridge did to ?...(its on my ultimate KO 1&2 dvd but i dont feel like looking). That shit was brutal and would geek if brock took that punishment