Lesnar vs Coleman

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lesnar vs Coleman
big_timmy
4/29/08 11:28:36PM
Can anyone tell me exactly when this on yet? Has a fight date been announced?
Mchubb316
4/29/08 11:33:08PM
UFC 87, August 9th in Minnesota
Mattchupichu
4/30/08 1:29:27AM
I appreciate the courage of Coleman to step upa nd take this fight, but it is also a stupid career move. Everything strength Coleman has, Lesnar is better at. At one point coleman might have had more technical wrestling, but he is oldand lesnar has pecs like the windshield of a semi. Lesnar 1st rd tko.
stock
4/30/08 9:26:15AM
I hate this matchup.
I could see this becoming an extremely boring couple of rounds of fighting over position on the ground until Coleman finally gasses.

I am going with Lesnar via 3rd rd TKO.
waylon_o
4/30/08 11:17:57AM
I think Lesnar will maul him in the first round. I would like to see Lesnar get some good, legitimate wins over tough opponents and really turn into something special.
Tein_Lung
4/30/08 12:03:25PM
Lesner is Colemen super sized... hes was stupid to take a fight with a person that is the same fighter he is but bigger stronger and faster
loonytnt
4/30/08 1:52:11PM
Lesnar vs Coleman is one of those get the new fighter a win imo, lesnar is going to gnp him out in the 1st round
prozacnation1978
4/30/08 2:47:53PM
coleman ain't no randy!!
if lesnar comes out the way he did against mir he will knock him out in the 1st
nickcuc547
4/30/08 3:02:41PM
props to coleman for taking the fight, but i think the ufc is looking to get lesnar a win against a big name, and coleman is not a threat to sub anybody.
JimiMak
4/30/08 5:02:27PM
If Coleman wins, Lesnar will prob'ly get cut. Esp if he beats him badly at his own game. Not likely, but it could happen.
NatedawgThaM
4/30/08 9:38:17PM
COLEMAN WILL WIN!!!

Their the exact same fighter. They use their power and aggression mixed with their great wrestling to beat their opponents. The fighters who give them both the most trouble are the slick and patient fighters who await for openings while they try and force something and get caught. It will come down to who gets the first takedown and it will be COLEMAN!!!

Coleman has more heart then Lesnar and is like a pitbull with his takedowns, he NEVER gives up. He's relentless with them. Fedor was spanking him with the takedown defense and he STILL kept coming. Coleman is coming into this fight with nothing to lose and is dedicating his life to this fight, that's how much heart he has into this fight. lesnar's coming in as a usual pro wrestler, cocky in everything he does. He's expecting this 43 year old to be nothing since he's a bigger wrestler. But he's in for a surprise. Coleman's heart and experience will show!

Coleman via whatever I pick when I hear more about were Coleman's training. Hopefully ATT or AKA so I can pick submission!
iwannabesedated
4/30/08 9:52:07PM
I think Brock Takes it By GNP probably 1st rd.

Brock is Stronger and Faster than Mark

The only advantage i see Mark having is experience.

I dont see Mark stopping Brocks Takedown hes quick for a big dude..He got Mir down rather quick and got alittle carried away with his punches and Mir regrouped and pulled out a nice sub.I dont see Coleman doing that.
EON
4/30/08 10:09:49PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

COLEMAN WILL WIN!!!

Their the exact same fighter. They use their power and aggression mixed with their great wrestling to beat their opponents. The fighters who give them both the most trouble are the slick and patient fighters who await for openings while they try and force something and get caught. It will come down to who gets the first takedown and it will be COLEMAN!!!

Coleman has more heart then Lesnar and is like a pitbull with his takedowns, he NEVER gives up. He's relentless with them. Fedor was spanking him with the takedown defense and he STILL kept coming. Coleman is coming into this fight with nothing to lose and is dedicating his life to this fight, that's how much heart he has into this fight. lesnar's coming in as a usual pro wrestler, cocky in everything he does. He's expecting this 43 year old to be nothing since he's a bigger wrestler. But he's in for a surprise. Coleman's heart and experience will show!

Coleman via whatever I pick when I hear more about were Coleman's training. Hopefully ATT or AKA so I can pick submission!

I gotta be honest I didnt read what you said except Coleman Will Win. I'd really like Lesner to lose, the last thing the UFC needs is a 3 ring circus of an atmosphere like the WWF regardless of the millions Dana and the Fertita's pocket from having Lesner around. If Lesner loses hes (1-2)....then whats his appeal? he'll have to go elsewhere and gain status, he'd be a losing fighter and they'd have to release him (i hope) But to be serious I'm gonna pick Lesner this time, I picked Mir to do exactly what he but I cant pick Mark unless he's developed a better submission game (still rootin for him tho)
GSPCanada
4/30/08 10:33:56PM
Coleman could very well beat a guy like Mir but right now hes wrestling a guy who's better than him at all aspects of wrestling. It's like a boxer who boxes a faster guy, longer, guy and a guy who hits hard he's basically in a wrestling match but in a higher weigth class. I would give him a chance to beta better fighters in the HW division but not when they are stylistically like him unless he can stand with Lesnar but i do not think he has the td defense
Kastro
5/1/08 5:11:38PM
Looking forward to this one.. Coleman has accomplished a lot and is a seasoned wrestler but then again some say he is washed up, he hasnt looked too sharp in his past few fights with the exception of the Shogun fight.

I got my money on Lesnar, the fight is obviously going to the ground and Lesnar will be the much younger, much stronger fighter and will pull out with a victory.

Going to be interesting though to see how Coleman will do especially after such a long break.
browneye
5/2/08 9:46:12AM
There probably afraid to put Lesnar in the octagon with someone like frank mir again because they invested to much money in him to let him lose again
NinjaCyborg
5/2/08 3:28:37PM
I'll be picking Lesnar for this fight.
But I wouldn't be surprised to see Coleman pull out an upset.

If Lesnar wins people will just claim Coleman is washed up
If Coleman wins people will just claim Lesnar was overrated

The best thing that could happen would be for Lesnar and Coleman to go through a 3 round war, beating the shit out of each other, bloodying each others faces, tossing each other around like rag dolls, then one of them taking a split decision win.

It will make both fighters look amazing. As well as being a very exciting fight.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/3/08 12:29:31AM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

I'll be picking Lesnar for this fight.
But I wouldn't be surprised to see Coleman pull out an upset.

If Lesnar wins people will just claim Coleman is washed up
If Coleman wins people will just claim Lesnar was overrated

The best thing that could happen would be for Lesnar and Coleman to go through a 3 round war, beating the shit out of each other, bloodying each others faces, tossing each other around like rag dolls, then one of them taking a split decision win.

It will make both fighters look amazing. As well as being a very exciting fight.

i think it is impossible to get a decision against brock lesnar. imo he will either knock you tthe fuk out or get subed. brocks chin hasnt been tested but id have to say its most likely very solid. if lesnar wins its way better for the sport.
lesnar is a younger , stronger , more skilled version of coleman. one of colemans best attribute are his knees from the north south position , which are illegal in the ufc. i expect coleman to be the sacrificial lamb. lose and get inducted into the hall a fame and retire. similar to gracie shamrock etc. i would love for coleman to win, i just dont see it happening. lesnars gas tank is also in question imo. if he doesnt gas at the pace he was smashing frank with , surely know one can stand that barrage.
big_timmy
5/3/08 12:35:23AM
I can't see any Lesnar fight going the distance. Firstly, he's like a bear, just ripping and clawing at whatever is put in front of him, either leading to an early knock out by him, or him getting gassed and getting beat up. Secondly, he comes out all guns blazing, like his last 2 fights, and gets caught in a sub due to inexperience, as in the mir fight.

Best case scenario, the fight ends late in the second, with both fighters beaten the **** up, and it being a standing knock out, rather than ground and pound. If its standing, it will prove that either is more than one dimensional, but we all know how its gonna go...

Lesnar by frustrated mauling as i've heard it been put.
jgtribbett
5/3/08 8:32:49PM
coleman rd 2 tko.
Dastardly1
5/4/08 6:46:43PM
Out with the old in with the new. Lesnar is the updated version of Coleman. the only advantage he might have over Lesnar is all of his years training with Mario Sperry learning and defending subs.