Lesnar vs Carwin signed for UFC 116

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Lesnar vs Carwin signed for UFC 116
jae_1833
4/22/10 8:48:24PM
link
Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin have signed bout agreements for a meeting at UFC 116 in July, it was reported this evening. The two have been strongly linked with that event for some time and according to MMA Live presenter Franklin McNeill papers have now been signed.
gartface
4/22/10 11:04:22PM
So this, Penn vs. Edgar, and Florian vs. Maynard? That would be amazing if true.
runningman08
4/22/10 11:26:05PM

Posted by gartface

So this, Penn vs. Edgar, and Florian vs. Maynard? That would be amazing if true.

Penn vs Edgar is already signed for UFC 118 and they are working on Florian and Maynard right now for the same event.
gartface
4/22/10 11:34:30PM

Posted by runningman08

Posted by gartface

Penn vs Edgar is already signed for UFC 118 and they are working on Florian and Maynard right now for the same event.

Crap, I knew that... These numbers are getting too big! Got confused.
chickmagnet
4/22/10 11:53:52PM
In a Diego Sanchez manner - YES!!!

Stoked for this fight.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/23/10 1:38:42AM
They should call this UFC 118: The Irresistible Force Meets the Immovable Object.
MisterFreeze
4/23/10 9:31:30AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

They should call this UFC 118: The Irresistible Force Meets the Immovable Object.

Except it's 116

But yes! That would be the perfect name for the event!!
I'm so excited for this. Say what you want about Brock, I love to watch him fight.
lohmann
4/23/10 10:47:59AM
I do not think I'll ever have rooted harder for a fighter than I will be rooting for Shane Carwin that night.
State_Champ
4/23/10 11:56:00AM
WAR LESNAR!!!

I love watching Lesnar mix it up in the Octagon!
runningman08
4/23/10 2:23:10PM
I can see this going past the first but not the second round. Shane Carwin is strong but if Brock controls him i think its over. Also if Brock leaves his hands open and head down then i can see Carwin knocking him out. Ive studied Brocks fights and that is a problem he needs to address. When getting rushed he will take his eyes off his opponent and if he does that to Carwin then it will be lights out.
Jride
4/23/10 4:21:06PM
Carwin is the man.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/23/10 5:57:32PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Except it's 116

But yes! That would be the perfect name for the event!!
I'm so excited for this. Say what you want about Brock, I love to watch him fight.

I was 10 key retarded yesterday. Thanks for correcting me. I knew that, my hands apparently didn't.
BustedKnuckle
4/23/10 6:14:52PM

Posted by lohmann

I do not think I'll ever have rooted harder for a fighter than I will be rooting for Shane Carwin that night.

Wanted to prop but cant. I completly agree with you. Carwin NEEDS to win this fight. And if he does.....Not bashing, but I want to see Brock sucking dust off the Harley logo after a brutal KO punch from Shane..