Lesnar vs. Carwin

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lesnar vs. Carwin
Next Page »
POLL: Who Wins?
Brock Lesnar 58% (42)
Shane Carwin 42% (30)
chickmagnet
8/20/09 2:22:59PM
This one should be fun lol, This is a clash of giants, I believe this fight is 50/50. Carwin has the power to KO anyone in the division, and Lesnar can takedown and maul most in the division. If Gonzaga was able to take Carwin down than I garuntee at some point you will see Carwin on his back, and will he be able to deal with the brutal GnP of Lesnar? We will see and will Lesnar be able to avoid the power shots of Carwin?

Thoughts?
jae_1833
8/20/09 2:27:29PM
I don't think Brock's GNP is really that brutal....took 2 rounds of it to take out Mir, sure Carwin gets taken down but I think he can make Brock pay for it along the way, 2-3 rounds then TKO for Carwin.
grappler0000
8/20/09 2:32:14PM

Posted by jae_1833

I don't think Brock's GNP is really that brutal....took 2 rounds of it to take out Mir, sure Carwin gets taken down but I think he can make Brock pay for it along the way, 2-3 rounds then TKO for Carwin.

I think Brock's GNP would be more impressive against someone who's not a substantial submission threat...he was very cautious with every move he made with Mir. With that said, Carwin is about as close to a Lesnar clone as you can get. I would give a slight edge to Lesnar at this point. Of coarse, my mind might change depending on how Carwin does against Cain.
emfleek
8/20/09 2:34:10PM

Posted by grappler0000

Of coarse, my mind might change depending on how Carwin does against Cain.

Carwin won't be fighting Cain just yet. He'll be fighting Lesnar @ 106 according to sources.
pinoymixplaya
8/20/09 2:34:24PM
I would like to see Carwin take out Brock, but I just dont see it happening. I know he got rocked by Gonzaga and I think he also got rocked by somebody else, and Brock has that one shot power that could end his night dramatically.

Should be a good match though. Good card so far including Tito's comeback.
george112
8/20/09 2:48:22PM
i see carwin getting destroyed in this fight.

as much as i dont like lesnar i simply cant ignore the fact that hes a freak of nature.who has amazing wrestling.

this is how i see the fight going.

they paw at each other feeling each other out.carwin throws a punch.at the same time lesnar takes him down and holds him there.GnPing his way to a win
grappler0000
8/20/09 2:48:53PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by grappler0000

Of coarse, my mind might change depending on how Carwin does against Cain.

Carwin won't be fighting Cain just yet. He'll be fighting Lesnar @ 106 according to sources.

I did not know that...apparently, I've been sleeping at the wheel.
seanfu
8/20/09 3:23:04PM
It's going to be a striking match period. Wrestlers are generally afraid of eachother, especially at the higher weights. Brock should win via Carwin's chin obviously, but Carwin's hands are the most brutal I've ever seen natural power wise.

So I think it's 40/60 Lesnar with whoever connects first and capitolizes being the winner.
george112
8/20/09 3:28:42PM

Posted by seanfu

It's going to be a striking match period. Wrestlers are generally afraid of eachother, especially at the higher weights. Brock should win via Carwin's chin obviously, but Carwin's hands are the most brutal I've ever seen natural power wise.

So I think it's 40/60 Lesnar with whoever connects first and capitolizes being the winner.

i dont agree.

lesnars style is to take you down and pound you.
cowcatcher
8/20/09 3:30:51PM
they are going to have to reinforce the cage for this one, this is the fight ive been wanting to see, and at this point its a pick em for me.
prozacnation1978
8/20/09 3:46:21PM
carwin matches size to size
both have wrestling back grounds
but carwin's punches will kill you, lesnar's won't
both can ground n pound, no subbies here
hell won't last more that a few rounds if not 1st round
and this fight was gonna happen!! better sooner than later
george112
8/20/09 3:54:05PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

ask herring and couture if lesnars punches cant kill you.heck even mir
Jackelope
8/20/09 3:56:45PM

Posted by george112

None of those guys got literally KTFO'd and put to sleep in the first round like every single one of Carwin's opponents has so far. Just sayin...
emfleek
8/20/09 4:01:26PM
Don't overlook the fact that Lesnar has faced much stiffer competition than Carwin...

PS...I'll be rooting for Carwin.
george112
8/20/09 4:02:19PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by george112

None of those guys got literally KTFO'd and put to sleep in the first round like every single one of Carwin's opponents has so far. Just sayin...

good point.

but that point is irrelevent.some people have better chins than others.but im not taking carwins power away from him.he has TREMENDOUS power in those hands.BUT he almost got knocked out by gonzaga himself.not to mention how easy it was for gonzaga to take him down.
george112
8/20/09 4:03:13PM

Posted by emfleek

Don't overlook the fact that Lesnar has faced much stiffer competition than Carwin...

haha thanks
PABLOMAFIOSO
8/20/09 4:05:04PM

Posted by george112

i see carwin getting destroyed in this fight.

as much as i dont like lesnar i simply cant ignore the fact that hes a freak of nature.who has amazing wrestling.

this is how i see the fight going.

they paw at each other feeling each other out.carwin throws a punch.at the same time lesnar takes him down and holds him there.GnPing his way to a win

I'm guessing Brock takes Carwin down at the first chance and doesn't let him up. Brock via early TKO.
cowcatcher
8/20/09 4:37:04PM
if either guy ends up on his back they are going to look like a turtle and be in big trouble. ill say brock has the edge in getting it to the ground first.
gartface
8/20/09 4:41:34PM
Not even a question in my mind. Lesnar has been tagged pretty hard in his last two fights, recovered very well and dominated both Randy and Frank. Carwin got scooped by Gonzaga and put on his ass. Don't think for one second that Brock can't take him down and control him. Like Grappler said, he won't have to be cautious of submission attempts, meaning he can just go to town.

Carwin has been rocked by Christian Wellisch...and Brock doesn't have good punching power?...C'mon.

This won't go past two rounds if this fight ever happens. I wasn't aware that Carwin and Cain's fight was scrapped. If Cain fought Carwin, he'd dominate him as well.
Sinister
8/20/09 4:56:17PM
They are both good but Carwin's chin is glass. Even if they both had the same skills, Carwin would be more likely to loss because of that fact.
Lesnar rocked Couture like five times in their fight throwing a jab.
mkiv9secsupra
8/20/09 5:27:51PM
Either...

Scenario A: Carwin gets put on his back and mauled on the ground for a TKO victory for Lesnar

Scenario B: They willingly stand and trade and the first person that connects gets the KO win.

Scenario C: Carwin's size enables him to sprawl and they are forced to stand and trade and the first person to connect wins.

Which one is the most likely? IMO, its A. So ill pick Lesnar via TKO after taking Carwin down. I seriously hope Lesnar is put to sleep though....
KaibaThedon
8/20/09 6:07:47PM
WAR Carwin!

Engineer powa!
nickcuc547
8/20/09 6:14:10PM
Carwin is obviously dangerous with his huge right hand but lesnar is an immovable object and wins by vicious ground and pound. If brock's smart he won't try to spend too much time in front of carwin on the feet.
postman
8/20/09 6:21:04PM
Carwin needs to get Lesnar agianst the cage and keep him there. If Carwin had Randys Greco I would say he win but he dosn't. If he can clinch Lesnar and press his back on the fence then pop off and land a big shot he could win this fight. I didn't like what I saw from Brock when he was back agianst the cage. I don't think he has a great shot of that happening but I for one hope it happens. My pick will be Lesnar 2nd tko. I don't think it will be as brutal as most. I think with Randy and Mir being in vegas Carwin should head to Sin City if he wants the best shot to win.
Aleks_Smash
8/20/09 6:30:01PM
Carwin is a Round 1 Murderer. I got Carwin round 1 KO.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
State_Champ
8/20/09 6:31:47PM
WAR LESNAR!!!!!!
gartface
8/20/09 7:02:57PM

Posted by Aleks_Smash

Mind elaborating as to how he will "murder" Lesnar?
george112
8/20/09 7:12:32PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Aleks_Smash

Mind elaborating as to how he will "murder" Lesnar?

yea i would like to hear it to
Aleks_Smash
8/20/09 7:27:29PM
Brock Has a lot to prove in the UFC. He hasn't accomplished much. He knocked out a 44 year old lhw randy couture. He lay n preyed the holy Moses out of Mir only using his weight to control the fight. He lay n preyed HH into a decision because he cant knockout a true HW standing.

Now Carwin has Ended all of his fights by KO in round one or maybe a round two once or twice. He is just as big as lesnar and he has proven that if he gets taken down he can get up. and he has proved if its up its all him. Brock can maybe submit carwin in the later rounds but i just cant see Brock taking more than 2 or 3 shots from Shane.

Brock's overrated and if he wins i will bow down. But i see Carwin KO round 1 pretty quick.

Instant Star and he trains With Greg Jackson and they would love to rub that into the Brazilians faces having the belts with his academy and blackhouse only having Anderson. its meant to be. Brock will learn from this loss.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
postman
8/20/09 7:52:12PM

Posted by Aleks_Smash

Brock Has a lot to prove in the UFC. He hasn't accomplished much. He knocked out a 44 year old lhw randy couture. He lay n preyed the holy Moses out of Mir only using his weight to control the fight. He lay n preyed HH into a decision because he cant knockout a true HW standing.

Now Carwin has Ended all of his fights by KO in round one or maybe a round two once or twice. He is just as big as lesnar and he has proven that if he gets taken down he can get up. and he has proved if its up its all him. Brock can maybe submit carwin in the later rounds but i just cant see Brock taking more than 2 or 3 shots from Shane.

Brock's overrated and if he wins i will bow down. But i see Carwin KO round 1 pretty quick.

Instant Star and he trains With Greg Jackson and they would love to rub that into the Brazilians faces having the belts with his academy and blackhouse only having Anderson. its meant to be. Brock will learn from this loss.

First Lay n Pray Mir he finished the fight? He made HH's look like spoiled ground Chuck. Randy is still one of the best fighters out there and he was the HW so put the LHW away. Don't deminish what Brock has accomplished. I don't care for Brock but he has beat MUCH better fighters then Carwin has. GG might not be as good as HH and Mir and Randy most def are better then GG.

As for the Jackson Blackhouse comment......Machida fights out of Blackhouse also. Is there even a beef between the two camps?

Edit:

Oh yeah Carwin hasn't been past the First.
And Brock isn't submitting anyone.
Pages: [1] 2 3