Leonard Garcia Earns Second Shot at UFC Win

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Leonard Garcia Earns Second Shot at UFC Win
disorderlyvision
4/16/07 11:58:00AM
link

UFC rookie Leonard Garcia (9-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC), who battled Roger Huerta (17-1-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) in one of UFC 69’s most entertaining fights, will be invited back to the UFC for a second fight, according to the Houston Chronicle’s Steve Sievert.

Garcia, who filled in for Alvin Robinson on just one month’s notice, dropped a unanimous decision to Huerta. But his constant smiling and refusal to slow down for 15 full minutes earned him a standing ovation at the bout’s conclusion.

It also earned him a second shot at a UFC victory.

bayonetxwork
4/16/07 12:00:56PM
Glad to see he has another chance. He's one of those guys you don't want to lose, because he is really a fighter. Just goes in there ready to scrap.
methodman_90
4/16/07 12:12:45PM
Nice to UFC are not getting rid of exciting fighters like Garcia after 1 loss. He is so calm and lets it all go in the octagon
mictlantechutli
4/16/07 12:26:40PM
Very good. Just needs to clean up his stand up game. He's got a lot of potential to be an exciting, competitive fighter at that weight.
jinn70
4/16/07 7:18:09PM
He completely earned my respect when he went the distance with Huerta and I'm looking forward to seeing him fight again in the future.
aznteabagger
4/16/07 9:01:10PM
i think garcia came into the fight with anti-depressants in him...why didn't nevada test him