Lee Murray could be released on Monday!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Lee Murray could be released on Monday!
ffforgottenx
2/23/07 12:02:53PM
source

put the link up also, but here is the article.. looks like murray may get away with one of the biggest heists of all time

------------------------------------------

Lee Murray is to be free on Monday!

Supreme Court rejects British extradition’s request for alleged heist mastermind Lee Lamrani Ibrahim.

RABAT - The Moroccan Supreme Court on Thursday rejected an extradition request for a man London says masterminded the largest robbery in British history, his lawyer said.

The court ruled that Lee Lamrani Ibrahim Murray is a Moroccan citizen and that the law prevents nationals from being extradited to a country where they are accused of a crime, lawyer Issaoui Benmhili said.

The court has ordered his release from jail, he said.

Murray, who has a Moroccan father, holds dual Moroccan and British citizenship.

British authorities accuse Murray of masterminding the theft of 53 million pounds (77 million euros, 104 million dollars) from a Securitas cash depot in Tonbridge, Kent, southeast England, in February 2006.

The court held a hearing on Britain’s extradition request Wednesday. Murray told the court he wished to stay in Morocco.

On Tuesday, Murray was sentenced in a separate case to serve eight months in a Moroccan jail. He and three other Britons were found guilty of drug use and possession and of assaulting a police officer by the Sale criminal court near Rabat.

In addition to the eight-month sentence, Murray was ordered to pay a 10,000-dirham (900-euro, 1,180-dollar) fine. Because he was arrested on June 25, he will be eligible for release on Monday, his lawyer said.

Murray was known in Britain as the martial arts cage fighter Lee "Lightning" Murray.
www-WeLoan-us
2/23/07 1:10:11PM
i read this article earlier ...this guy is a crazy one
madmarck
2/23/07 1:20:46PM
I wonder if he will return to fight int he US? I mean the guy has millions IF he did the heist. But think about it the guy was known for street fighting for years. He beat the Crap outta Tito in a fight outside a london club.
He might return to fight just for the fact he like to beat on people.
but then again with his millions he might just sit in Morroco and laugh.
loller90278
2/23/07 2:40:54PM

Posted by madmarck

I wonder if he will return to fight int he US? I mean the guy has millions IF he did the heist. But think about it the guy was known for street fighting for years. He beat the Crap outta Tito in a fight outside a london club.
He might return to fight just for the fact he like to beat on people.
but then again with his millions he might just sit in Morroco and laugh.

i don't think he'll be allowed to fight in the US...
hippysmacker
2/23/07 2:48:50PM
I know the US has a mutual extraditon treaty with the UK, so he won't be coming here. I think he will probably have to pay off some Morrocan officals and gangsters and live comfortably there for the rest of his life. If they don't just take all the cash and kill him that is.
madmarck
2/23/07 2:54:53PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I know the US has a mutual extraditon treaty with the US, so he won't be coming here. I think he will probably have to pay off some Morrocan officals and gangsters and live comfortably there for the rest of his life. If they don't just take all the cash and kill him that is.

I dont think anyone is gonna kill him off anytime soon. I want to see him fight Tito so bad. My first thought when i saw this was OMG he is gonna fight TITO int he UK. Then i realized if he goes to the UK he is gonna get jail for life.
so i doubt he is going.
D-Boy
2/23/07 9:27:13PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by hippysmacker

I know the US has a mutual extraditon treaty with the US, so he won't be coming here. I think he will probably have to pay off some Morrocan officals and gangsters and live comfortably there for the rest of his life. If they don't just take all the cash and kill him that is.

I dont think anyone is gonna kill him off anytime soon.

I heard he has some bad people here in the UK after him, I don't know the details but from what I heard he should be looking over his shoulder as much as possible.
nate22
2/23/07 9:53:25PM
Lee Murray vs Tito UFC81 in Morroco, only a matter of time until the UFC expands there.
keith-hackney1
2/26/07 5:23:56PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

source

put the link up also, but here is the article.. looks like murray may get away with one of the biggest heists of all time

------------------------------------------

Lee Murray is to be free on Monday!

Supreme Court rejects British extradition’s request for alleged heist mastermind Lee Lamrani Ibrahim.

RABAT - The Moroccan Supreme Court on Thursday rejected an extradition request for a man London says masterminded the largest robbery in British history, his lawyer said.

The court ruled that Lee Lamrani Ibrahim Murray is a Moroccan citizen and that the law prevents nationals from being extradited to a country where they are accused of a crime, lawyer Issaoui Benmhili said.

The court has ordered his release from jail, he said.

Murray, who has a Moroccan father, holds dual Moroccan and British citizenship.

British authorities accuse Murray of masterminding the theft of 53 million pounds (77 million euros, 104 million dollars) from a Securitas cash depot in Tonbridge, Kent, southeast England, in February 2006.

The court held a hearing on Britain’s extradition request Wednesday. Murray told the court he wished to stay in Morocco.

On Tuesday, Murray was sentenced in a separate case to serve eight months in a Moroccan jail. He and three other Britons were found guilty of drug use and possession and of assaulting a police officer by the Sale criminal court near Rabat.

In addition to the eight-month sentence, Murray was ordered to pay a 10,000-dirham (900-euro, 1,180-dollar) fine. Because he was arrested on June 25, he will be eligible for release on Monday, his lawyer said.

Murray was known in Britain as the martial arts cage fighter Lee "Lightning" Murray.

murray is a twat, he and jeremy "self named bad boy" bailey were involved in londons biggest money laundering scam and should never fight again, unless they are trying to defend themselves from gang rape in the prison showers, a couple of british tits who could of had a good career in mma, both blew it !!!
I dont know where the name "Lightening" came from?... probebly named that by the police who chased him as he shot off down the road with tonnes of cash in his coat.
madmarck
2/26/07 6:55:07PM
uhh Keith. Im not gonna condone crime. But whats better. 12k per fight max for a few years. Or 120 million for one nights work?
Stickan
2/26/07 7:14:41PM

Posted by hippysmacker

If they don't just take all the cash and kill him that is.

Because that would be a shame.......

The only reason that would be sad is because then I wouldn't get to see Tito elbow him to pieces one day.
MethodMan
3/5/07 7:56:00AM
He was probably involved at some level as an enforcer and reckognized due to the fact his face has been on TV in the UK (doh) and forced to take his cut and flee to Morroco, but lets be real the people who took the majority of the money are all still living in 12 bedroom homes in Essex driving Mercs and wearing tailored suits.
madmarck
3/5/07 7:59:25AM

Posted by MethodMan

He was probably involved at some level as an enforcer and reckognized due to the fact his face has been on TV in the UK (doh) and forced to take his cut and flee to Morroco, but lets be real the people who took the majority of the money are all still living in 12 bedroom homes in Essex driving Mercs and wearing tailored suits.

Im pretty sure word is/was that Lee murray was the mastermind of it. He had another MArtial artist with him whose nickname was "the enforcer". Maybe that guy was the tough guy instead................
MethodMan
3/5/07 8:10:51AM
seriously do you reckon 2 guys could rip off that much dosh, they may have been in on it, and the only ones in the frame for it. I could tell you more but then I would have to kill you.

madmarck
3/5/07 9:08:11AM

Posted by MethodMan

seriously do you reckon 2 guys could rip off that much dosh, they may have been in on it, and the only ones in the frame for it. I could tell you more but then I would have to kill you.

Mastermind. it gives the idea there was a gang and that he was in charge.
MethodMan
3/5/07 9:54:25AM
He was maybe in charge of one of the gangs, one lot held some hostages another robbed the place, another was probably involved in laundering the money, All I am saying is the guys with the most to gain probably took the fewest risks and are not conected in any material way to the whole deal. But there bank accounts in the Jersey and there stock profiles in the city will sure be looking healthy.