Ledgends matches

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Ledgends matches
POLL: Should MMA promote "Ledgends Matches"
Yes 85% (17)
No 5% (1)
There old who cares 10% (2)
MMA117
4/17/07 1:22:05AM
I think it would be awsome if zuffa wouldpromote some of the "old salts" in ledgends matches. That is if those fighters are still willing, i would LOVE to see like bas v. ken, or randy v. ken (there are others besides ken LOL).

What do you think or who would u like to see?
Svartorm
4/17/07 1:33:04AM
I'm a huge fan of this, and have liked the idea of a senior league where this could happen. That way 40+ guys who still have some fight in them can put on a good match or two. Just open up the weight classes a bit, shorten the rounds, and let the Legends go to work.

Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman would be a good legends match
Randy vs. Rizzo with be a good one to have to see where they stand nowadays.
Mo Smith vs. Chuck Liddell could be nice once Chucks at that age.
Ken Shamrock vs. Royce again.

You could go on all day.
MMA117
4/17/07 2:05:11AM
I would love to see it happen but i would like to see those happen as a fight during a big event not its own league. Sort of a marketing thing, co-headline fights this would be a marketing cash cow. Especially in forign markets
Svartorm
4/17/07 2:18:06AM
Oops, I actually meant division, not league. Maybe with three weight classes instead of five, being as cutting weight at 40+ years old has to be brutal.
richieb19
4/17/07 2:18:43AM
I grew up watching these guys, I wouldnt miss 'em for the world... especially Kenny Wayne...
VanellaL47
4/17/07 12:35:12PM
Rizzo, Coleman, Severn, Frye....that would be a hell of an idea!
warglory
4/17/07 1:08:57PM
I really want to see Severn fight and see what the old man has left in his tank. All he fights is cans now, so I would like to see how he does against some old school competition.
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/17/07 4:04:44PM
The way PRIDE is set up, they seem to bring in a lot of over the hill fighters to come in and bang
Ultimate_fighter
4/17/07 4:21:34PM

Posted by VanellaL47

Rizzo, Coleman, Severn, Frye....that would be a hell of an idea!

pv3Hpv3p
4/17/07 4:25:31PM
I know he's been fighting for a long time, but Rizzo's only 34...

And I think I will wait and see how I like the Mo / Ruas fight before I will say one way or the other...

I know it's hard to let go some of the greats, because of all the wars and memories, and these guys are all competitors to the end... But I think this might be a recipe for the first serious injury or worse in MMA...

And it we if it does go down, we shouldn't let Randy join till he's at least 55... It just wouldn't be fair
JimiMak
4/17/07 5:05:33PM
It'd be a lot better than putting the guys that wanna keep going against present top tiers. Ken against Tito? 2 & 3 ? Doesnt' make sense, and Tito's onlys arguably top tier nowadays. And yeah, Randy's age means nothing.
shinobi
4/17/07 11:20:00PM

Posted by richieb19

I grew up watching these guys, I wouldnt miss 'em for the world... especially Kenny Wayne...

well said
JunCTion
4/18/07 2:34:01AM

Posted by MMA117

I think it would be awsome if zuffa wouldpromote some of the "old salts" in ledgends matches. That is if those fighters are still willing, i would LOVE to see like bas v. ken, or randy v. ken (there are others besides ken LOL).

What do you think or who would u like to see?

i would like all the legends that ken thinks disrespected him to come and kick his butt.
JunCTion
4/18/07 2:36:00AM

Posted by MMA117

I would love to see it happen but i would like to see those happen as a fight during a big event not its own league. Sort of a marketing thing, co-headline fights this would be a marketing cash cow. Especially in forign markets

kind of like the old superfights (senior fights)
MMA117
4/19/07 1:09:15AM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by MMA117

kind of like the old superfights (senior fights)

LOL yah kinda