Lebron Getting Dunked On ( The Video )

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Lebron Getting Dunked On ( The Video )
The_Metal_Maniac
7/22/09 9:35:19PM
After watching it I really don't see what all the mass hysteria was about. I thought it was going to be so much more than it actually is.

Video
chuckw94
7/22/09 9:42:01PM
same here metal maniac, that was just a regular everyday dunk in the NBA. i thought it would be really bad.
KaibaThedon
7/22/09 9:44:42PM
While this is a great accomplishment, everyone will remember LeBron James' name, and nobody even knows who this kid is... unless he makes it to the NBA and makes a name for himself.

Fedor came 3rd in that Sambo competition, but is still the heavyweight champion of the world.

Not taking anything away from that guy, cuz he two handed jammed in Bron Bron's face, but it wasn't an NBA game and I'm sure all the pro BJJ guys get tapped from time to time while rolling.
kopower
7/22/09 10:29:47PM
It's amazing how much hype some of these sports outlets can put out sometime. Does anyone care that Lebron got dunked on, no. I'm sure this was Nike trying to drum up some free advertising. The dunk wasn't even that good.
postman
7/22/09 11:06:29PM
Labron didn't even have a good angle on him its not like the guys balls where in his face
Irish_Pride
7/22/09 11:16:13PM
I actually think it was pretty amazing. This young college kid just dunked on this seasons MVP. This is a great accomplishment for this kid and I believe the only reason this video got so much hype was because Lebron was trying so hard to take away the evidence. If he would have came out from the beginning and been like congrats to the kid he got the best of me, it would have been all over but since he tried to get Nike to take away all the videos, he came out looking like a punk.
higdon10
7/23/09 2:14:38AM
Jordan Crawford is no joke. I think he'll play pro ball some day.
Shawn91111
7/23/09 7:04:14AM

Posted by Irish_Pride

I actually think it was pretty amazing. This young college kid just dunked on this seasons MVP. This is a great accomplishment for this kid and I believe the only reason this video got so much hype was because Lebron was trying so hard to take away the evidence. If he would have came out from the beginning and been like congrats to the kid he got the best of me, it would have been all over but since he tried to get Nike to take away all the videos, he came out looking like a punk.

What great accomplishment? Lebron isnt even a good defender. If the kid had jumped over him in the process then maybe. But in this day and age of ESPN highlights someone getting dunked on, now whoever it is has become vastly overrated.
Kpro
7/23/09 7:11:13AM

Posted by Shawn91111
What great accomplishment? Lebron isnt even a good defender. If the kid had jumped over him in the process then maybe. But in this day and age of ESPN highlights someone getting dunked on, now whoever it is has become vastly overrated.

Lebron is a well above average defender, but this video is nothing. He wasn't even guarding the guy that dunked, Spud Webb could dunk on Yao Ming if you're not off your feet until the guy is above the rim.
Hendo67
7/23/09 2:33:09PM
Was that really THAT big of a deal? I'd much rather watch a sick hockey goal rather than a generic basketball dunk.
Shawn91111
7/24/09 11:58:14AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Shawn91111

Lebron is a well above average defender, but this video is nothing. He wasn't even guarding the guy that dunked, Spud Webb could dunk on Yao Ming if you're not off your feet until the guy is above the rim.

No if anything last year he became about average, he was below average in his previous years.
ultimateweapon
7/28/09 11:36:57AM
damn straight
pv3Hpv3p
7/28/09 11:46:20AM
I think the "mass hysteria" came from Lebron wanting the NBA public relations officials to confiscate the tape... Compound this with the fact that he walked off without handshakes against the Magic and left his teammates hanging at the presser... And it starts to look like the kids a really bad sport and is letting his fame get to him... Which I can't blame him for, but when you're being compared to Jordan, who was the GOAT and also a publicists wet dream, you've got to at least act like you deserve to be there for the sake of public impression... Basketball needs good embassadors, not thugs who "don't need to practice" or that fight the fans, etc
george112
7/28/09 1:45:23PM
wasnt really a big deal to me.plus i couldnt even see it that good.but i know that college dude felt good

jst my thoughts
LogicalDreams
7/28/09 3:12:10PM
Lol that sucked.
Kpro
7/28/09 3:28:13PM

Posted by Shawn91111

No if anything last year he became about average, he was below average in his previous years.

I wouldn't think we'd be talking about anything but last year. Above average transition D, above average help D, 13th in Defensive Rebounds, 8th in Steals, 23rd in Blocks. I'll agree his Man to Man D is below average, but as an all-around player he is an above average defender. Still overrated obviously, not a first-teamer, but definitely above league average.
CwB
7/29/09 4:24:26PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Shawn91111

I wouldn't think we'd be talking about anything but last year. Above average transition D, above average help D, 13th in Defensive Rebounds, 8th in Steals, 23rd in Blocks. I'll agree his Man to Man D is below average, but as an all-around player he is an above average defender. Still overrated obviously, not a first-teamer, but definitely above league average.