Leben Ready To Swim In The Deep Water

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Leben Ready To Swim In The Deep Water
DCRage
2/25/08 7:42:07AM
Having gone from top Middleweight contender before running into Anderson Silva to down and almost out of UFC and back, Chris Leben looks to build on his latest winning streak and new UFC contract by taking on Alessio Sakara this Saturday at UFC 82.

Article
Red-Dragon
2/25/08 8:10:01AM
Im looking forward to this one. Should be a close fight.
xburbx
2/25/08 8:28:10AM
He's exciting but will always be a B fighter
gartface
2/25/08 8:50:26AM
Is this really "Deep Water"?
silverbullet
2/25/08 11:27:41AM

Posted by gartface

Sakara does have a UD win against Elvis Sinosic...
babytater03
2/25/08 11:35:52AM

Posted by xburbx

He's exciting but will always be a B fighter

i agree. It's like Jason MacDonald. Good fighter, but just not quite enough to go to that next level.
Kpro
2/25/08 12:08:04PM
The sport is too young and unpredictable, and the fighters progress at unbelievable levels to think anyone will "always" be a certain level of fighter.

Leben looked great in his last fight with his new training.
gartface
2/25/08 12:25:49PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by gartface

Sakara does have a UD win against Elvis Sinosic...

Haha, I love you.
DCRage
2/25/08 12:38:59PM
Can't argue with a win against a guy named Elvis. If nothing else, Leben's always capable of being entertaining at the very least between his hair colors and his sometimes unorthodox finishes. I still get a kick our of watching when he won by KO with a punch "triggered by his getting punched squarely in the nose". Classic.
tberg420
2/25/08 1:15:57PM

Posted by gartface

Did you read the article? It states that Leben is ready to take Sakara into deep water. It's a commonly used term in MMA. It has nothing to do with Sakara being "below average" or whatever you might think of him.
gartface
2/25/08 4:03:32PM

Posted by tberg420

Posted by gartface

Did you read the article? It states that Leben is ready to take Sakara into deep water. It's a commonly used term in MMA. It has nothing to do with Sakara being "below average" or whatever you might think of him.

Sorry just read the opening post, was getting ready for class. I just assumed something from the context, sorry.
jrmmaclassics
2/25/08 7:54:14PM
I think Leban is to much of a one style fighter and will be taken down and subbed or pounded.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
jakeiceman
2/29/08 6:28:59PM
I give Leben a good chance with this one. Actually I think he will knock out Sakara. Leban has good power and a sick chink. Yeah he may never make it to the next level, but I would not put it past him.
jrmmaclassics
2/29/08 6:53:24PM
I think I changed my mind and might go back to Leban, everytime I go against this guy he win.