leben vs lawler

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » leben vs lawler
teamquestnorth
5/17/07 10:56:46PM
it sounds like leben will probably jump ship to icon after his ufc contract who takes this fight?
xthe_scottx
5/17/07 11:09:54PM

Posted by greshamfighter

it sounds like leben will probably jump ship to icon after his ufc contract who takes this fight?

Honestly, I think Lawler would take it. He has stopped lifting weights and now isn't gasing in his fights. He striking is also a little more crisp IMO. But who knows, Leben has a pretty good chin and anything can happen.
richieb19
5/17/07 11:17:08PM
I read he was taking a coaching job for ICON, never heard anything about him fighting, but it seems like an obvious step... Leben has that weird effect to take fighters out of their games and make fights completely boring and non-interesting, although I think Lawler will crush him easily...
waylon_o
5/18/07 8:38:41AM
Leben will be way out of his league fighting Lawler. Lawler is just on another level. We all saw what happens when Leben fights someone in the top 5 or even 10. He's just not that good of a fighter IMO. Not even good enough to be a legitimate gatekeeper in the UFC's 185 division, let alone be a serious contender.
www-WeLoan-us
5/18/07 5:58:22PM
I think lawler would take this one..
ButterBalls
5/19/07 12:27:32AM
Lawler would walk through Leben. Don't make me do the MMAth to prove it.
madmarck
5/19/07 10:09:37AM

Posted by waylon_o

Leben will be way out of his league fighting Lawler. Lawler is just on another level. We all saw what happens when Leben fights someone in the top 5 or even 10. He's just not that good of a fighter IMO. Not even good enough to be a legitimate gatekeeper in the UFC's 185 division, let alone be a serious contender.

Kinda like Lawler vs Diaz??

I think it would be a great stand up fight.
But i still wanna see Swick/Leben 2 first.
p_unit23
5/19/07 10:56:21PM
Lawler. chris leben won't last against him.
the-james
5/23/07 7:09:54PM
I think this fight would be awesome the two of them standing toe to toe exchanging until one goes down, like lawler vs diaz. Its hard to say who would win Lawler got better striking but Lebens got a better chin so it could go either way. No matter who wins this fight would be exciting.
shackle
5/25/07 1:08:41AM
Love him or hate him Leben hits Really hard. I think he would KO lawler quick.

He most likely would of KO'd Silva imo, but Silva didn't give him the chance to hit him Silva was way too quick, and technical for him. I think leben is a bit underrated cause people just don't like him. His power is top notch he just doens't have much of a ground game or quickness. Remember this is the same guy that KO'd swick who was almost at a title shot.

Leben was almost at the title too lets not forget that. He's not great, but he is a good fighter.

Don't get so hyped up by the Trigg KO... Trigg isn't a known stand up fighter really.
Northrend
5/25/07 2:07:44AM
Lawler by brutality.
hippysmacker
5/25/07 3:59:30PM
Gonna have to with Lawler. Both throw bombs, and Leben has the better chin, but Robby's new training regimen would give him the edge IMO.
ffforgottenx
5/25/07 4:07:35PM
it'll be a bad night for leben if this fight ever happens..
leben was thrown off his game when silva hit him with a few jabs right off the bat.. he never recovered.. he never mounted any solid offense (or defense for that matter).. what is he going to do when he has lawler smashing his fist into his jaw? lawler is on a whole different level than leben is.. i don't think the fight would last more than 90 seconds
cowcatcher
5/26/07 2:07:34PM

Posted by waylon_o

i think leben is definately a legit gatekeeper and a fringe contender. against lawler anything could happen because both have ko power but id give a slight edge to lawler in a stand up war that would definately end in a ko
Mastodon2
5/26/07 4:46:18PM
If Leben used some leg kicks that could cause Robbie some problems, we all know he doesnt like those leg kicks!

But in all seriousness, I think it would just be a case of Lawler avoiding Leben's punches until he saw an opening, landing one big bomb to knock Leben off balance, and then pursuing Leben for the TKO.
ncordless
5/28/07 3:04:27AM
Lawler by vicious KO... in one of the least technical fights since Rizzo/Tank
pharside
5/30/07 2:46:54PM
Wow this is a joke Leben has been fighting big ass 185'ers and lawler has been fighting weak 170 guys I really just can't see Lawler many of Lebens big bombs