Leben Out, Day In For Bisping at UFC 85

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Leben Out, Day In For Bisping at UFC 85
wolfman
5/9/08 4:48:59PM
It's Official

With legal issues preventing middleweight contender Chris Leben from being able to prepare sufficiently for a June 7th bout with Michael Bisping in London, England, Canada’s Jason ‘Dooms’ Day has stepped in to face ‘The Count’ in a featured bout on the UFC 85: Bedlam card at the O2 Arena.
teddythetuna
5/9/08 4:59:05PM
I disagree. i think this will be an amazing fight. Day by Rubber Guard beat down!
billycarnage
5/9/08 5:05:03PM
Great test for both fighters. This will be an exciting fight. I almost like it better.
scoozna
5/9/08 5:07:58PM
Ahh...you beat me to the post in the other thread. I think this is a pretty good match-up.
prozacnation1978
5/9/08 5:13:27PM
i knew quarry wouldn't fight, and i called day to step in, or belcher, i would rather see belcher but this still might be a good fight
Twenty20Dollars
5/9/08 5:14:55PM
I like this match up, it will suprise people that think it is a crappy replacement.

But I think I will take "dooms" day for the upset, tko ground n pound round 2!
CornishMMA
5/9/08 5:17:13PM
I really wanted Leben Bisping but i bet that fight will happen soon and this is a very good replacement, Day has a great chance, he seriously surprised me beating my boy Belcher as id heard he wasnt that great but his rubber guard was good and i dont see Bispings "KO power" stopping Day so decision either way methinks
kevietre
5/9/08 5:20:03PM
Leben vs. Bisping has to happen eventually I was looking forward to that fight almost as much if not more than Hughes vs. Alves. This fight doesn't do much for me I dont like Bisping and I hardly know anything bout Day so Im not really excited for the outcome.
GSPCanada
5/9/08 5:28:37PM
This isn't as good of a replacement as Leben, I was rooting for Mcdonald to step in but didn't go down. This should still be a good matchup it's just hard to tell if Day is ready because we haven't seen too much from him. Is his striking better than bisping's? is his chin better? I really don't know the answer to either. I know his conditioning is great but I feel as though that great rubber guard we saw will be irrelevant because I don't see Bisping trying to take this one. I'm picking Day thougj
Darnok
5/9/08 5:48:01PM
I like this one. Not as much as watching Bisbing pound on Leben but I still think it will be good.
Ben_Hutch
5/9/08 5:57:36PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I like this match up, it will suprise people that think it is a crappy replacement.

But I think I will take "dooms" day for the upset, tko ground n pound round 2!

If you were going to UFC 85 and had spent over $200 on a ticket, then you'd be annoyed.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/9/08 5:58:21PM
Ohhhh come on. whatever now bisping is an easy pick
hodge
5/9/08 6:15:03PM
This card is officially cursed
wolfman
5/9/08 6:18:31PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Ohhhh come on. whatever now bisping is an easy pick

I counted out Day the first time, don't count on doing the same this time (No pun intended). Seriously, I think this is a good replacement. Day put on a good show for the crowd and looked impressive. I'm still picking Bisping to win, but Day has nothing to lose and will be out to show the fans he is for real. Should be a war and I think it will go to decision. I mean, it's not the UFC's fault that they had to make a replacement....Leben's own fault for not taking care of his DUI situation.
teddythetuna
5/9/08 6:45:16PM
if i paid 200 bucks to see a UFC i wouldnt be disappointed because Leben was off the card. Liddell is another story. I can see the frustration though
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
5/9/08 7:54:32PM
I might actually be going for Jason Day now, I think Day could school Leben so...
Ben_Hutch
5/9/08 7:56:22PM

Posted by teddythetuna

if i paid 200 bucks to see a UFC i wouldnt be disappointed because Leben was off the card. Liddell is another story. I can see the frustration though

Yeah im not annoyed because Leben is off the card, it's just when so many fights are changed/canceled it starts to take the piss. (i know it's not the UFC's fault so i have no one to blame)
scpd400
5/9/08 9:54:17PM
Leben could beat bisping if he only had 1 day to train
DevonFoxy
5/9/08 10:06:08PM
personally I think this is a better match up. I think no matter what would have happened with jail time Leben should have been pulled from this card on principal alone.

I think the UFC has to send the message that they want only the best athletes and best character guys. But this is just me talking and hoping this is how the UFC would want their image to be.

Any who it looks like Bisping will be the favorite in this fight but imo Day should def. be. Wins over Loiseau and Belcher(and it was pretty dominate) stacked up against Bispings win over Schafer and questionable win of Hamill.

I think this match will surprise alot of people and I think it has alot of makings to be fight of the night. But I personally think it will go to a decision im leaning to Day.
MMAcca
5/10/08 2:55:11AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by teddythetuna

Yeah im not annoyed because Leben is off the card, it's just when so many fights are changed/canceled it starts to take the piss. (i know it's not the UFC's fault so i have no one to blame)

Come on Ben, you're getting two extra fights than originally planned and at least it's still a challenge for Bisping.

I think Bisping should take this by TKO mid fight but this is by no means a walk-through.

This card is way above average imo and i would have no problems spending $200. In fact , i wish i could afford to be going and hope you enjoy yourself

WAR BISPING !!!!!!!
Ben_Hutch
5/10/08 7:44:49AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by teddythetuna

Come on Ben, you're getting two extra fights than originally planned and at least it's still a challenge for Bisping.

I think Bisping should take this by TKO mid fight but this is by no means a walk-through.

This card is way above average imo and i would have no problems spending $200. In fact , i wish i could afford to be going and hope you enjoy yourself

WAR BISPING !!!!!!!

You are right, the card is quality, we're getting to see Swick. Davis. Kampmann, Rivera, Rashad, Irvin, Bisping, Vera, Werdum. Alves and Hughes.

Hopefully it'll be a great night, i have to go on my own! what a loser i am.

WAR BISPING!!!!
CornishMMA
5/10/08 5:06:06PM
You said Day was a "s*** replacement" which is completly out of order ...... do you honestly have a better suggestion?

As far as replacements go this is great, he is a striker coming off a big win over Belcher, Bisping hasnt beaten anyone in the UFC as good as Belcher so i see this as a very close fight, power could be the key and i just dont see Bisping having much but Day having plenty, either a Day KO or a Bisping methinks, great fight tho, and great card, the changes have mostly been good, i mean for losing JUST Chuck we now have 2 more fights with Hughes and Alves
GrandMaster313
5/11/08 1:27:58AM
should have been Dan Hardy
Kpro
5/11/08 1:31:27AM

Posted by GrandMaster313

should have been Dan Hardy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Hardy a WW.

And Bisping just dropped from LHW to MW.

I'll take Day over Hardy as the replacement.