Leben-Bisping At UFC 85 Now Off

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Leben-Bisping At UFC 85 Now Off
Next Page »
DCRage
5/8/08 7:14:12PM
UFC has now confirmed that, due to Chris Leben's jail sentence for violating probation, his fight with Michael Bisping at UFC 85 is now off. No known replacement for Leben yet.

Article
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/8/08 7:15:39PM
damn, cant wait to hear the replacement
mrsmiley
5/8/08 7:16:37PM
I was really looking foward to that fight.That sucks.

DCRage
5/8/08 7:21:05PM
Quick update, I've found rumors that Nate Quarry may replace Leben. I'm not quick to believe it yet because this source says it would be at UFC 84, not 85.

Source
wolfman
5/8/08 7:24:55PM
IF Quarry does replace Leben it will be a decision win for Bisping.
Ben_Hutch
5/8/08 7:25:50PM
This is taking the piss now

Im not angry at the UFC because none of this is their fault, it's funny in a way.
Mchubb316
5/8/08 7:30:17PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I was really looking foward to that fight.That sucks.

Aaronno9
5/8/08 7:48:12PM
Man this sucks. Hopefully they'll find a decent replacement for him, if they throw him a can becouse nobody else will fight on such short notice itl be lame. Nate quarry would be an awesome fight imo. Both really well rounded, the only clear advantage in this fight would be nate quarrys wrestling. Everything else is pretty equal, bisping may be a little faster though.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/8/08 7:56:16PM
If it is in fact Nate Quarry that steps in, this won't be no Kalib fight that's for sure. And it won't go to a UD either. IMO Quarry has a better shot than Leben had anyways.
jakeiceman
5/8/08 8:20:47PM
This really blows, I thought it was a crazy match up, had potential for some fireworks. I agree if they throw Bisping a can I'm gonna be pissed. I wanna see that punk get knocked out sooo bad!!
juanez13
5/8/08 8:31:00PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

If it is in fact Nate Quarry that steps in, this won't be no Kalib fight that's for sure. And it won't go to a UD either. IMO Quarry has a better shot than Leben had anyways.

, yea i think he has a much better shot, he has a good greco roman clinch and is hard to take down, has the chin + the Power, and its just around all more diverse. Although Leben presents a unique problem which is he walks through punches to land his own, as he showed against Sakara. still would be a good fight, + a good chance for Bisping to further solidify his status at 185, or For Quarry to take one more step towards the title, not to mention all the hype he would get from beating someone like bisping.
ThaAxeMurderer7
5/8/08 8:40:15PM
What about Hendo? I remember a few weeks back he told someone that he was planning on fighting at 85. Him and Bisping would be off the hook!
mikevolz
5/8/08 8:45:35PM
hendo would put bisping on a stretcher. hed walk right through him.
juanez13
5/8/08 8:49:25PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

What about Hendo? I remember a few weeks back he told someone that he was planning on fighting at 85. Him and Bisping would be off the hook!

Right Now Hendo Vs Franklin Is being Set up, which IMO its much better
bls1919
5/8/08 8:51:17PM
Bring on Matt Hamill IMO. If he is able to go i think they should try and make it happen. its a litttle ways off and he didnt get fuct up too bad except for his lip in the fight against Boetsch. I want to see Hamil pound on Bisping
ThaAxeMurderer7
5/8/08 8:56:05PM
I'm just trying to think of a good opponent that hasn't fought in a while or if he did, he could be ready to take this fight on short notice. I just hope they don't give him a can. I was thinking Sakara or Maia. I would really like to see Bisping face Maia.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/8/08 8:56:45PM

Posted by mikevolz

hendo would put bisping on a stretcher. hed walk right through him.

truth
wolfman
5/8/08 9:04:33PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

I'm just trying to think of a good opponent that hasn't fought in a while or if he did, he could be ready to take this fight on short notice. I just hope they don't give him a can. I was thinking Sakara or Maia. I would really like to see Bisping face Maia.

Sakara is not a good choice, I won't call him a can....Let's just say he's not that good.
wolfman
5/8/08 9:13:25PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Quarry is overrated, Bisping isn't an A level fighter, but he will be able to pick apart Quarry who is slow and not technical. Quarry has more power than Bisping, but Bisping will bring a good game plan and win a decision. This of course is all theoretically speaking. This is just my opinion.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/8/08 9:28:41PM
Man, rematch it against Matt Hamil at 205...its the only way to save the card.
DevonFoxy
5/8/08 9:30:40PM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

Man, rematch it against Matt Hamil at 205...its the only way to save the card.

Lol i can see it now Hamill takes him down and pounds him for three rounds and then Bisping wins by split again.
coldchillin
5/8/08 10:05:56PM
I was really looking forward to Bisping fighting Leben as well... if Quarry is the replacement, Bisping will be too quick and technical in his stand-up for Quarry unless Nate can land a big shot and end the fight. Hard-fought but very clear decision for Bisping.
prozacnation1978
5/8/08 10:31:00PM
i say push it too ufc 86 and push a tuf finale fight in it's place like burkman vs hazelett or something, maybe bisping could fight ed herman,
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
5/8/08 10:33:36PM
Horrible. I'm not a fan of any cancelled/changed fights it's annoying.
I vote for Jason Macdonald to replace Leben after all who better to replace Leben then someone who put him to sleep.
Or Jason Day could be a banger going that way.
GrandMaster313
5/9/08 12:59:12AM
does anyone know if Oregon is one of the states that hasn't legalized MMA. I wonder if the Judges in that state look down on MMA. Hell he might just have a bitch for a P. O. Well it doens't matter to me who they throw in there I think the middleweight division has some decent "up in comers" that would be a good replacement. How about winner fights Hendo or something !
Mayhem13
5/9/08 1:17:48AM
Quarry or Sakara would make for exciting fights...but both have suspect chins....(esp. my boy Sakara...haha)

but I think both would be good fights...and Sakara has awesome ahnds as long as you dont hit him back to much..
Kpro
5/9/08 1:57:40AM

Posted by GrandMaster313

does anyone know if Oregon is one of the states that hasn't legalized MMA.!

Sportfight (created by Lindland/Couture) has been running sanctioned events there for 5+ years now.
snakeplissken
5/9/08 2:03:49AM
Put him in with Franklin....
RMFG_187
5/9/08 2:54:07AM
I'd like to see Quarry, Marquart, or just for fun A Silva.
bullettdodger
5/9/08 4:00:03AM

Posted by bls1919

Bring on Matt Hamill IMO. If he is able to go i think they should try and make it happen. its a litttle ways off and he didnt get fuct up too bad except for his lip in the fight against Boetsch. I want to see Hamil pound on Bisping

i do too but im sorry to be the one to tell you that Hamill is still a LHW and Bisping has dropped to MW... so i don't think its happening anytime soon...
Pages: [1] 2