Leben vs. Bisbin, a main event ? I dont know !!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Leben vs. Bisbin, a main event ? I dont know !!!
the_01
8/21/08 8:51:25PM
Chris Leben vs. Michael Bisbin, thats one fight Im not interested in.
And the main event, common, gimme a break.
Thats my openion, how about yours.
juanez13
8/21/08 9:00:10PM
Its a free card on spike, so they dont need a Marquee fight to sell PPV, I'm sure they'll sell out the arena with guys like bisping fighting, and thats all they need to worry about. For a free card, its one of the best we've seen with guys like Vera, Jardine, Machida etc... so i'm sure the rating will be good.

I'm happy with this card as it is.
ChokeUout
8/21/08 9:03:08PM

Posted by juanez13

Its a free card on spike, so they dont need a Marquee fight to sell PPV, I'm sure they'll sell out the arena with guys like bisping fighting, and thats all they need to worry about. For a free card, its one of the best we've seen with guys like Vera, Jardine, Machida etc... so i'm sure the rating will be good.

I'm happy with this card as it is.

WHile the fighters themselves might not be main event worthy, the fight should be high paced and exciting. Plus, they have a pretty nice supporting cast to make the card a fun one to watch. Plus, it's free on spike, so we really can't complain about the main event if we don't have to pay a cent to watch it

BTW: This main event, and the card itsself already should be much better than the last event Bisping headlined, UFC 78. THe main event, and the whole event, sucked gorilla balls
LionHeartWarchild
8/21/08 9:10:02PM
I was wondering why with all the great fights they had on the card why Leben/Bisping was the mainevent as well. I thought maybe Hendo/Palhares or Machida/Silva would've been. Maybe the fight being in London has something to giving Bisping a main event. It all cool though, because like you all said, we still get to see the other fights on the card.
Twenty20Dollars
8/21/08 9:14:36PM
its better than okami vs franklin which was a ppv. also its a solid free card.

and bisping has a "g" on the end.
mkiv9secsupra
8/21/08 9:14:51PM
so because youre not interested its not main event worthy? Dana White should go ahead and just hire you since your oppinion matters more than anyone elses
Ordep
8/21/08 9:27:00PM
much better than Bisping vs Evans, that was at 205 and Bisping was kind of slower also Rashad's boring style didn't help it. Now at 185 he is looking very good + Leben's swinging style, so it should be a nice one.
Mr_Dead_Sexy
8/21/08 9:50:37PM
It's free, so you get what you pay for.
Naturaldisaster
8/21/08 9:58:37PM
Im actually really excited for this fight. I think that it will no doubt be a war. Bisping is exciting now at middleweight, and he's fast as hell. while Leben may not be the best fighter, he's exciting to. so these 2 guys standin there and throwin some bolo's like Leben says, will definitly make for an interesting fight. Bisping by TKO in round 2.
Wolfenstein
8/21/08 10:41:35PM
I'm looking forward to UFC 89 moreso than any other upcoming card. Ton's of my favorite fighters and some really exciting matchups that are bound to be fireworks. Lyoto vs Thiago and Luiz Cane(im on this guys bandwagon)vs Soku are the matches I'm most anticipating.

It's in the UK so of course this is going to be the main event. The matchup doesn't have major implications for the winner, but it's going to be a really exciting fight. I think this will be a more exciting fight to watch than say Rashad vs Chuck.
MikeyG
8/21/08 10:43:59PM
89 and 90 are seriously some of the best cards of the year and I cannot wait to see the brits golden boy out cold from trying to stand with Leben.
jocka
8/21/08 11:40:47PM
Any fights with Leben in it (almost) are entertaining fight bisping is looking very good at MW plus london = bisping so for sure he will be the main card.
Ben_Hutch
8/22/08 1:38:56AM
Dana better give the next UK UFC (hopefully in London) a huge main event
the_01
8/22/08 7:04:12AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

so because youre not interested its not main event worthy? Dana White should go ahead and just hire you since your oppinion matters more than anyone elses

He should
Franklinfan47
8/22/08 7:50:04AM
ITS FREE, STOP COMPLAINING.
MikeyG
8/22/08 10:37:46AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Dana better give the next UK UFC (hopefully in London) a huge main event

Why do brits act like the UFC owes them something? you guys can subscribe to a channel that pretty much gives you the UFC for free, while everyone else has to pay 44$ every event. I had to pay for 2 England events that happened hours before, now thats unfair. Its about time another overseas event is free for everyone else.

Seriously why do brits act like Zuffa owes them reparations? be happy that their even going overseas in the first place, a lot of fighters fighting in the UFC and here in North America dont like fighting in England what with jet lag and changing hours around, and some only like to fight overseas like Marcus Davis. That super main event your looking for is likely to happen here unless it involves some brits.
Blizzard
8/23/08 12:17:52PM
IMO the headliner fight should be Machida vs. Silva, but I guess from a marketing stand point it would make more since to have Leben vs. Bisbin due to the exposure in TUF, the casual fan whould know them more than the undefeated Brazilians.
ziegler3334
8/23/08 2:03:26PM
This might not be main event worthy, because neither fighter should be next in line for a shot at silva (okami should, and if franklin or hendo want it they can try again). Besides that tho, this is a very exciting fight. Bisping has become a very exciting fighter, who will someday challenge the title, and Leben is a hard hitter who is free swinging. It is a great matchup that will almost certainly end before a decision. Also on the card, 2 undefeated LHWs. How many LHW are 13-0? Not too many. So this is great matchup. Whatever your feelings on Machida are, hes deserving of fighting the best, and should get a shot soon. So this is another exciting fight due to title implications. Soko v Cain = exciting. Vera v Jardine = also very exciting. We'll learn alot from those last two. Is Cain a real contender? Can Vera adjust to fighting at LHW? Which Keith Jardine will show up? Also, I'm curious to see how Lytle and Davis rebound from their last fights (losses to Kos and Swick, respectively). And the best part of all...... its FREE!!!!
prozacnation1978
8/23/08 5:09:37PM
i was hoping main event would be machida vs silva
Biggz
8/23/08 5:27:05PM
why does it matter what the main event is? i don't care if the liddell vs Rashad fight is not the main event as long as i get to see it. am i the only one that thinks like that?
moob
8/24/08 7:46:40AM

Posted by jocka

Any fights with Leben in it (almost) are entertaining fight bisping is looking very good at MW plus london = bisping so for sure he will be the main card.

Except Bisping is from 'up north' in Manchester - Londoners don't like anyone from north of the Watford gap, traditionally.
mkiv9secsupra
8/24/08 2:07:58PM

Posted by Biggz

why does it matter what the main event is? i don't care if the liddell vs Rashad fight is not the main event as long as i get to see it. am i the only one that thinks like that?

im with you on that. i dont care if its a main event or the frist televised fight, chances are im going to love it. A certain time slot in the televised portion isnt going to make it a bigger draw for me.
cowcatcher
8/24/08 2:36:46PM

Posted by Biggz

two people in a row quoting you means youre on to something. this is my thought exactly, i mean the card is really good from top to bottom, and as long as i get to see the fights why b1tch about it? do keyboard warriors really need to grasp at straws like this? if a little jelly leaks out the side of your PB&J do you write a letter to someone? settle down and enjoy the fights TS, if you are that worried about the little things may i suggest going to see the sisterhood of the traveling pants 2 to calm you down a bit.
JimiMak
8/24/08 3:47:00PM
+3