Help Me Lean-Out

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Help Me Lean-Out
aznteabagger
4/26/08 9:43:46AM
can someone give me a work-out routine to help me put on muscle mass

right now im doing 3 sets of 15, every muscle group (split - arms today, legs tomorrow, back day after etc)
seanfu
4/26/08 10:32:15AM
Bench 3-5 sets 8- 10 reps very little rest in between.

Dumbell bench basically. You take one on each side while laying flat and push straight up. Use heavy weight on the dumbells with a spotter under your elbows. You want to short circuit your chest after bench and this is the way to do it.

There are basic workouts for evey muscle set. What you want is to put very little rest time in between your sets. For muscle you'll want more than 3 sets. about 8-10 reps.

Back-
Back machine or hanging off the bench back extensions.

legs-
Squatts - if the weight is too much for tour back to take then you can also buy a belt that has chains on it to attach weights onto. This workout is one that you should progress slowly on with the sets.

Those are the basics.

I would not recommend just adding muscle though because if you're a chubby guy then when you change your body into muscle your appetite will increase and if you don't maintain the muscle then you will be worse then whenyou started. You gotta eat big to go big and eat clean as well.
aznteabagger
4/26/08 10:41:51AM

Posted by seanfu

I would not recommend just adding muscle though because if you're a chubby guy then when you change your body into muscle your appetite will increase and if you don't maintain the muscle then you will be worse then whenyou started. You gotta eat big to go big and eat clean as well.

i'm 5'10 155lbs so im not exactly the chubby "type"
tsuwrestler157
4/26/08 2:02:59PM
HIIT cardio look it up make u lean while keeping muscle
bayonetxwork
4/26/08 6:18:24PM

Posted by aznteabagger
right now im doing 3 sets of 15, every muscle group (split - arms today, legs tomorrow, back day after etc)

If you can do 3 sets of 15, your not overloading your muscles, straight up. If you're really looking to gain mass, aim for low reps high weight(about 5-8 reps). Also, how many days a week are you devoted to putting time into the gym? I do 4 days, working every body part once a week, with weekends off, and wednesday off( wednesday off for practice, and weekends for work)

Monday- Chest,
Tuesday- Back, Arms
Wednesday- Off
Thursday- Shoulders and Upper Legs
Friday- Lower Legs, Abs, Lower Back, etc.
Saturday- Off
Sunday- Off

I do the best with the time I have available to put in. Now I only do each body part once week, but for most of the week, they are recovering because I make sure to totally work that part for that day. Try to avoid working your 3 main muscle groups on the same day(chest, upper legs, and back). Other ways you could try out is a two day split routine. Some common ways for this doing upper body on one day, lower body on the other. Or "pushing" muscles one day, and "pulling" muscles on the other and just repeat those for the time you have.
aznteabagger
4/27/08 10:41:10PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

If you can do 3 sets of 15, your not overloading your muscles, straight up.

most of the time, by the middle of the 2nd set i just do it til failure and aim for 15