Is Lawler still in the Top 10?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Is Lawler still in the Top 10?
POLL: Where is Lawler ranked?
#1 9% (2)
Top Five 9% (2)
Top Ten 36% (8)
Top Ten only cause UFC's MW division is weak 14% (3)
Top Twenty 32% (7)
Not on there 0% (0)
Pitbull09
7/10/08 11:57:02PM
I was thinking about this when updating my rankings. He moved out of UFC and I still thought he deserved it (as the UFC MWs are weak) but now with a close fight with Scott Smith and no recent fights with Top 10 guys, Idk why he should be on there.

Discuss
Pookie
7/11/08 12:02:27AM
Smith took a round from him, but lawler was clearly winning the match when it ended, and recently hes shown that hes willing to wait (more than a few rounds) to explode later on. Hes definitely top ten right now. Put him against rich franklin, watch and see how one-sided of a match that would be in Lawler's favor.
ncordless
7/11/08 12:03:49AM

Posted by Pitbull09

I was thinking about this when updating my rankings. He moved out of UFC and I still thought he deserved it (as the UFC MWs are weak) but now with a close fight with Scott Smith and no recent fights with Top 10 guys, Idk why he should be on there.

Discuss

Wins over Trigg, Ninja, and Smith keep him in there in my book. The problem with MW is that the top guys aren't fighting each other enough (Anderson being the exception).
Pitbull09
7/11/08 12:07:41AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by Pitbull09

Discuss

Wins over Trigg, Ninja, and Smith keep him in there in my book. The problem with MW is that the top guys aren't fighting each other enough (Anderson being the exception).

He didn;t beat Smith and almost everyone has a win over Trigg now. Ninja is really the only respectable win there. I agree with you on the last thing though. Middleweights seem to be spread out like the Top 10 HWs. Then Affliction came
mrkennedy
7/11/08 12:11:17AM
hell yeah!!!!

he is on of the best