Lauzon on TAGG Radio LIVE

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lauzon on TAGG Radio LIVE
Manfred
8/14/07 12:37:31PM
LINK

I normally don't start a duplicate thread, but he just confirmed he's going to 170 and fighting Karo. FOR REAL. and Trigg told him he's nuts and he doesn't care. He reminded him that everyone said the same thing with Pulver.

I love this guy.

EDIT: He's off now, but those of you who know me, know I don't post BS.

I hope he pulls this off. Possible after a fight camp at BJs.
Manfred
8/14/07 12:38:50PM
He was asked if he beats Karo, does he want Fedor. He said not yet...

He also said he was going to have Kool-Aid guy in the corner, seriously.
fedorwins1
8/14/07 12:54:17PM
"He also said he was going to have Kool-Aid guy in the corner, seriously."

Yeah this is the part that I'm not sure about. I still can't tell if he's being serious or not. It doesn't make sense why go up in weight and why have one of your best 170 lbers fight an unranked 155 lber. Makes no sense IMO.
TNunley
8/14/07 1:44:54PM
I swear, give Lauzon a VW Bug, and a jet pack,.... classic geek squad material...
szucconi
8/14/07 2:08:38PM
Please ignore this thread and read THIS.
cowcatcher
8/14/07 2:10:15PM

Posted by fedorwins1

"He also said he was going to have Kool-Aid guy in the corner, seriously."

Yeah this is the part that I'm not sure about. I still can't tell if he's being serious or not. It doesn't make sense why go up in weight and why have one of your best 170 lbers fight an unranked 155 lber. Makes no sense IMO.

i agree with you, the fight doesnt seem to make a ton of sense, but karo needs an opponent, and UFC fans have definately taken a liking to lauzon so i can see people wanting to see this fight. it seems to me that karo was fast approaching a title shot but with the belt held up during TUF 6's taping i guess they wanted to get karo in there with someone with a name that people know to keep him relevant to the WW title scene.

EDIT: or not, lol
TNunley
8/14/07 2:15:23PM
Semantics, schemantics....

Even if Lauzon himself said he was joking, what makes you think he's not joking about joking? Then again, if he is joking about joking, then he also could be joking about, joking about joking. Let's ask Karo...

Karo's reply would probably be pretty predictable though....

"Bro, my Judo Bro,... is the best Judo in the world, Bro. I'd throw that Jim Loosen guy like a doll, Bro."

Then of course it would end with an illegal eyebrow to Lauzon's eye
LR
8/14/07 2:30:22PM
LOL

"Jim Loosen guy like a doll, Bro"
Manfred
8/14/07 2:34:51PM

Posted by szucconi

Please ignore this thread and read THIS.

I saw that too, but his voice sounded dead serious, that's the ONLY reason I posted it. I guess we'll have to see.
NME
8/15/07 2:11:41AM

Posted by Manfred
I saw that too, but his voice sounded dead serious, that's the ONLY reason I posted it. I guess we'll have to see.

This is an example of Joe Lauzon's greatness.

He's being ironic. It is maybe the best style of humor. For example, it's not only funny that Joe is suggesting a ridiculous circumstance of a fight, but also that a surprising number of folks believe it is going to take place.
BigEvil
8/15/07 11:59:22AM
he's not fighting Karo.
szucconi
8/15/07 12:18:53PM

Posted by NME
This is an example of Joe Lauzon's greatness.

He's being ironic. It is maybe the best style of humor. For example, it's not only funny that Joe is suggesting a ridiculous circumstance of a fight, but also that a surprising number of folks believe it is going to take place.

What are you doing posting 2 in the morning EST. Shouldn't you be drunk and rambling about how Okami should be ranked 12th and not in the top ten?
thepunisher
8/15/07 3:13:00PM
Sarcasm is not premitted on the internet

I don't not find his attempt to make everyone look stupid by talking about him fighting Karo funny at all

I find it freaking hilarous that he tricked everyone he got me up until i read his website. How can you hate a keyboard warrior with a sense of humour that is actually a fighter I GIVE MAD PROPS to J-Lau

i am sad i wont get to see the Kool Aid guy work the corner though i hear he is one hell of a cut man OHHHHHH YEAAAhh
TNunley
8/15/07 3:47:44PM
LOL

Keyboard Warrior