Lauzon Confident After Very Good Training Camp

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Lauzon Confident After Very Good Training Camp
MMAcca
9/16/08 1:55:14PM
Joe “J-Lau” Lauzon is hoping to regain his momentum in the UFC lightweight division when he fights Kyle Bradley on Wednesday night at Ultimate Fight Night 15.

Lauzon made his UFC debut in style with a shock knockout of former champion Jens Pulver in under a minute at UFC 63.

Two more wins – over Brandon Melendez and Jason Reindherdt – followed, but the Lauzon lost to Kenny Florian by TKO in April.

However, he says he has learned a lot from that fight and will be putting the experience to good use in his campaign towards title contention.

“It’s all about maturity,” he says. “From that fight I learned that I need to pace myself better and not think that I have to go all out from bell to bell.

“Up until the last fight, I was continually progressing and moving up the ranks. The Florian loss set me back, but now I’m going to get momentum going my way again.”

LINK
Wolfenstein
9/16/08 4:54:49PM
Joe probably didn't even need to have a camp for this fight, and the line reflects that as Bradley is a 1 to 8 dog in this one.

I know Joe is coming off a loss but I'd like to see him in there with someone a little more competitive. I'm surprised that someone with Joe's popularity is relegated to the undercard of a Fight Night.