UFC to launch Japan Event Series in 2013

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC to launch Japan Event Series in 2013
Franklinfan47
8/30/12 3:07:01PM
Japan will host a smaller UFC event series in 2013.

The series likely will include four shows in 2013, Mark Fischer, executive vice president and managing director of the UFC's Asian Operations division, told Nikkan Sports.

The shows are targeted for smaller 5,000-seat arenas and won't use the UFC's traditional event numbering.

Instead, they'll likely use specialized numbering similar to what's used with the UFC on FX and UFC on FUEL TV event series.

The shows will be geared around Japanese talent, specifically top prospects who work their way up the UFC ladder by first fighting in their home country. No broadcast plans have been finalized for the events.

link

JMMA never die!!! This may be the shot in the arm the market needs.
pmoney
8/30/12 3:19:02PM
Wow, this is a very bold and interesting move. I would have thought the UFC would have brought normal shows, similar to the UFC 144 card earlier this year. (which was amazing)

I am very, very excited for this announcement. If this works out well, we could see similar setups in foreign markets. I just wonder, with the One FC network doing it's thing, and organizations like Shooto still kicking, who will get the best prospects? I hope it's the UFC, but either way I think this is great for international growth.
GettinsomeBas
8/30/12 3:19:43PM
hopefully they focus on Flyweights
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
FastKnockout
8/30/12 4:23:22PM
Make the events under Pride rules.
frizzzlecake
8/30/12 9:48:01PM
Not really that interested, unless a belt was added or something.