As of late, who is your current favorite UFC Fighter?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » As of late, who is your current favorite UFC Fighter?
TS92turbo
3/28/11 9:14:03PM
Heavyweight - Brendan Schaub. Very impressive win over Cro Cop.

Light Heavyweight - Jon Jones. No explanation necessary.

Middleweight - Tie between Nate Marquardt and Michael Bisping. Hopefully those two guys are gonna scrap.

Welterweight - Tie between Jake Shields and Diego Sanchez. Diego is a crazy fighter! He is a mad man! And I want Jake Shields to beat GSP. Probably not though......

Lightweight - Tie between Jim Miller and Dennis Siver. Two very good strikers, and soon to be Top 10 Fighters

Featherweight - Chan Sung Jung. That twister was sick!

Bantamweight - Urijah Faber. The man is a monster. Cant wait for the Cruz fight.

What about you guys?

Twenty20Dollars
3/28/11 9:38:01PM
Mother effing Jimbo Miller!!!
Theoutlaw08
3/28/11 9:46:45PM
HW - Roy "Big Country" Nelson - Funny dude, and he beats the odds as a fat guy.
LHW - Jon Jones - Crazy in the ring and a classy dude overall.
MW - Anderson Silva - Can still beat anyone around, until he maybe fights Jones, or Mark Munoz - dudes fun to watch.
WW - The Outlaw Dan Hardy - Duh.....Win or lose, favorite.
LW - Anthony Pettis - Representing Milwaukee baby!!!!!
FW - Mark Hominick - Hoping he gives Aldo a run for his money
BW - Brian Bowles - Looking for him to make a title run.
mrsmiley
3/28/11 9:53:23PM
in no particular weight class.

1.Shogun. he lost to jones, but that doesn't even matter to me.
2. Meathead. I even liked him on TUF.
3.rashad.
4.Carwin.
5. Anderson. The Vitor fight sealed the deal for me.
6.Vitor.
7. Wandy. My favirote fighter in all the UFC.
8. GSP. Anyone who puts an whoopin on ole' Matt Hughes is alright in my opinion.
9. Couture. The guy is old enough to be my dad 3x over and would still kick the crap out of me and 10 of my clones.
Kpro
3/28/11 10:12:16PM
Nate Diaz
Dominick Cruz
Carlos Condit
Jonathan Brookins
Dan Hardy

And stoked that Dave Herman is newly signed.
emfleek
3/28/11 10:31:14PM

Posted by Kpro

And stoked that Dave Herman is newly signed.

emfleek
3/28/11 10:35:00PM
Jon Fitch
Miguel Torres
Shogun Rua
Rampage Jackson
Joe Lauzon
Chris Lytle
Nate Diaz
Dan Hardy
Junior dos Santos

...and, like Kpro, I'm stoked about the Dave Herman signing.
SpicyMeatball
3/28/11 10:38:13PM

Heavyweight - Cain Velasquez
Lightheavyweight - Forrest Griffin
Middleweight - Chris Leben
Welterweight - GSP
Lightweight - Anthony Pettis
Featherweight - Jose Aldo
Bantamweight - Dominic Cruz

My overall favorite fighter is Forrest Griffin. I still hate watching the Silva Forrest fight.
Gladiator
3/28/11 10:45:05PM
HW - JDS, i really like his crisp boxing and he always brings it

LHW - Ima big Jones fan but Ive been a fan of Franklin a lot longer, I wish he was still at MW but Ive enjoyed everyone of his fights at LHW so far

MW - Wanderlei Silva, how can u not love the guy? always intense always giving love to the fans! Alan Belcher is a close second tho

WW - Always has been and always will be GSP, ever since i saw him destroy Jay Heiron and give hughes a run for his money in his first title shot

LW - Edson Barboza, im biased towards the muay thai fighters but i like barbozas style and i think he has tremendous potential in this sport. BJ Penn will always have a fan in me at LW too

FW - Aldo, nuff said

BW - Im a little embarassed to admit that I havent followed the BW div much since Torres lost the belt, iv always been a kid yamamoto fan tho so ill go with him
TeamDEY
3/28/11 11:53:52PM
HW: Brock Lesnar, was a huge WWE fan as a kid and i will always like him

LHW: Rashad Evans, after knocking out Liddell I have always loved to watch him

MW: Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva... always in an entertaining fight

WW: BJ Penn.. liked him as a LW and always root for him, Jon Fitch.. the guy gets a lot of crap for not finishing fights but I have mad respect for him

LW: Jim Miller, underrated, Frankie Edgar, have always liked Edgar but never game him enough credit. Really respect him after the fight with Maynard.

FW: Jose Aldo, he is so good, love to watch him fight

BW: Urijah Faber, fearless
lohmann
3/29/11 12:36:12AM
Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez. Along with Overeem, he's going to force heavyweights in MMA to train in ways that amplify more than just their power. In his fight with Lesnar, he showed that skill trumps strength, and I'm glad heavyweights will be more than a game of rock 'em sock 'em robots.

Light Heavyweight: This is a tough one, since I like most light heavyweights. Shogun Rua or Phil Davis right now are my favorites. Davis mixes humility and humor in a way that I respect and Shogun has done the same since I can remember.

Middleweight: Anderson Silva. He wins. Nobody knows what he'll do to win, but it's fun to find out.

Welterweight: Jon Fitch. He wins a lot. Everybody knows how he is going to win. Nobody can stop it (besides some French-Canadian world-beater).

Lightweight: Since KenFlo dropped to featherweight, this one's tough for me. There's a lot of likeable lightweights.

Featherweight: Chan Sung Jung is incredible to watch when applying twisters or getting headkicked unconscious. Aldo is all kinds of crazy good. If the WEC was part of the UFC when he won the belt, he would be known as the youngest champion in UFC history despite Jon Jones beating Shogun.

Bantamweight: I don't know, but I can watch them all day.
Malaussie
3/29/11 2:03:42AM
HW: Pat Barry (Seems like a really cool guy and im a massive fan of leg kicks)
LHW: Jon Jones (always entertaining, been on the bandwagon for awhile)
MW: Tie between Wandy, Leben and Kyle Noke (Wandy nd Leben are obvious and Noke because he's representing down under baby!)
WW: Carlos Eduardo Rocha ( love his aggressive style of Jiu-Jitsu
LW: George Sotiropoulos ( Favourite fighter of them all AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!), Edson Barboza a close 2nd.
FW: Jose Aldo ( Love watching all his fights, guys a beast)
BW: Takeya Mizugaki (always brings it)
SpiderSilva
3/29/11 2:35:43AM
Dominick Cruz - new to the list

1- anderson
2 bj
3 Fedor
horstmeyer34
3/29/11 2:57:42AM

Posted by Theoutlaw08 HW - Roy "Big Country" Nelson - Funny dude, and he beats the odds as a fat guy. LHW - Jon Jones - Crazy in the ring and a classy dude overall. MW - Anderson Silva - Can still beat anyone around, until he maybe fights Jones, or Mark Munoz - dudes fun to watch. WW - The Outlaw Dan Hardy - Duh.....Win or lose, favorite. LW - Anthony Pettis - Representing Milwaukee baby!!!!! FW - Mark Hominick - Hoping he gives Aldo a run for his money BW - Brian Bowles - Looking for him to make a title run.
I like the mention of Bowles. Very under rated & i feel like he is gonna get screwed off of Faber @ BW. IF Bowles/Faber happens, I'll put my $$$ on Bowles. He is like the Mike Brown of BWs
Lesnar1
3/29/11 4:21:51AM
For me "as of late" it's at:

HW - Stefan Struve
LHW - Jon Jones
MW - Anderson Silva
WW - B.J Penn
LW - Frakie Edgar
FW - "Korean Zombie" Sung Jung
BW - Faber
KTFOd
3/29/11 1:03:04PM
After the immitation showtime kick, JDS.
Chael_Sonnen
3/29/11 1:38:54PM
Chael Patrick Sonnen
State_Champ
3/29/11 6:52:52PM
HW- Brock Lesnar (just because of Mir/Lesnar II)
LHW- Jon Jones (entertaining fighting style)
MW- Anderson Silva (entertaining fighting style)
WW- Jake Ellenberger (tough, entertaining)
LW- Anthony Pettis (Showtime Kick)
FW- Chan Sung Jung (love his nickname, love his fighting style)
BW- Dominick Cruz (his fighting style mesmerizes, confuses, and entertains me all at once)
hate4thestate
3/29/11 8:21:25PM
These are in order from most favorite to least favorite in each weight class. And I only stuck with fighters that are still in the UFC.

HW
Dave Herman (been following this dude for years now)
Big Nog
Pat Barry
Roy Nelson
Cain Velasquez
JDS
Cro Cop
Stefan Struve
Mark Hunt

LHW
Shogun
Lil Nog
Thiago Silva