Larsons weakness

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Larsons weakness
Pitbull09
8/6/07 7:53:31PM
So we saw at WEC the other night Larson very aggresive but got caught in an armbar. What I'm think is if Sherk would have the same weakness since most of his plan, is to get in the guard or full mount and throw punches. I know sherk is more educated but still, if there is a good ju jitsu expert, he could be beat.

I now think Bj Penn could win after watching that fight. Watch for an armbar in their fight.
Twenty20Dollars
8/6/07 8:05:28PM
I agree somewhat. Larson shouldnt have picked him up and slammed him.
Sherk is much different from larson on the ground.

So i really hope we see Bj vs Sherk. I could see that going to decision.
Stickan
8/6/07 8:48:29PM
Sherk has sherk-strength... You armbar him, he'll curl you up and give you a smack... at least with roids.
the-james
8/6/07 9:14:22PM
I was predictging exactly that to happen in the LArson/COndit fight just not in the first round, but BJ/Sherk ewould be a different fight.
juanez13
8/6/07 9:25:46PM
yea sherk has better sub defence, franca is pretty has good BJJ and he didnt get cuaght in a sub, if BJ vs Sherk would end in a sub, i think it would be a RNC, similar to the RNC that he got jens in, trapping one arm with his feet, and from there u are completely helpless......but my prediction is BJ by strikes, that is if sherks is not on roids and actually gets Koed, i think any other fighte would have been KO by those knees that franca hit him with. either the roids helped or he has a fukin hard head...........
madmarck
8/6/07 11:53:44PM

Posted by Pitbull09

So we saw at WEC the other night Larson very aggresive but got caught in an armbar. What I'm think is if Sherk would have the same weakness since most of his plan, is to get in the guard or full mount and throw punches. I know sherk is more educated but still, if there is a good ju jitsu expert, he could be beat.

I now think Bj Penn could win after watching that fight. Watch for an armbar in their fight.

I see what you are saying. But Sherk has been trainging subs for quite the while. Im sure he can keep out of trouble. Or get out of it as we saw with the Guillotine chokes in the FRanca fight.
Also dont forget Sherk has some short short arms that are hard to crank and a tiney tiny neck. He is like a little ball of power which is hard to sub. Not to mention he can out muscle pretty much any one at 155 so that just makes it all the more harder.
Pitbull09
8/7/07 12:10:53AM
Ok, Im just seeing if you guys see Sherk from larson meeting up to BJ Penns higher level to Larson's competitor.
StorminYourman
8/7/07 2:11:48AM
That armbar could have been avoided.All he had to do was stack Condit.Larson's gorilla JJ is weak IMO.