MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Lance Armstrong caves
POLL: In YOUR opinion, was he doping or not
Yes 46% (18)
No 18% (7)
Greg Jackson killed cycling 36% (14)
airkerma
8/24/12 8:33:17AM
Link
The International Cycling Union on Friday said it will wait for the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to explain why Lance Armstrong should lose his unprecedented seven Tour de France titles before commenting on the case.

The news follows Thursday night's announcement from USADA that it will strip Armstrong of his Tour de France titles after he dropped his fight against drug charges that threatened his legacy as one of the greatest cyclists of all time.
lohmann
8/24/12 8:39:04AM

"I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999," he said. "The toll this has taken on my family and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today -- finished with this nonsense."

USADA reacted quickly and treated Armstrong's decision as an admission of guilt, hanging the label of drug cheat on an athlete who was a hero to thousands for overcoming life-threatening testicular cancer and for his foundation's support for cancer research.

So, "I just want to be left alone" is an admission of guilt?

I have always been the type of spectator that prefers the proof in sports instead of the rampant crucifixion of athletes that has occurred for over a decade.
scoozna
8/24/12 8:56:25AM
I thought I read an article in SI that said he's never failed a drug test, while plenty of others had. I'm not really into cycling, but Lance's fierce opposition to the charges always struck me as interesting - it seemed like a sport where "everyone is doing it". Anyone been following this from the beginning?
grappler0000
8/24/12 9:09:15AM
I didn't read the article, but the most damning evidence against Armstrong was Tyler Hamilton's admission and subsequent testimony. That's a tough one to explain away.
Ordep
8/24/12 10:24:40AM

Why in the living hell is Greg Jackson taking Don King's place?
airkerma
8/24/12 10:50:07AM

Posted by Ordep

Why in the living hell is Greg Jackson taking Don King's place?

I prefer Greg Jackson's hair style, personally.
george112
8/24/12 11:17:22AM

Chael_Sonnen
8/24/12 11:27:17AM
What took so long

Hey Lance, I heard Jon Jones is looking for another good corner man for his next fight....you up for it?

You can ride your bike to the event....oh, though JJ will need a ride.
Poor_Franklin
8/24/12 12:41:14PM
i've always thought he was doping.

i think it's funny/sad that every time i used to say i thought he was doping, people came back at me like i wasn't patriotic.

edit: forgot to mention that just bc i've always thought he cheated does not mean that i agree w/ the witch hunt they have had for the last 10 or so years.
tcunningham
8/24/12 12:46:44PM
i think that taking all his wins away is too serious not to insure that his case has been properly investigated. even if he stops fighting the allegations, it needs to be cleared up. its not like he just won one race from doping, he potentially won more races than anybody else in the history of the sport. if they can prove he was doping than take that shit away, if not, he needs a big goddamn apology.
MMAcca
8/24/12 2:13:56PM
I could have swore that he failed a test when i was a teen.....
prozacnation1978
8/26/12 1:58:47AM
The dude survived cancer a few times
Has raised over 500 million for cancer awareness
And now gets stripped of all his championships
He is a role model for cancer survivors every where
They could have gave him a less severe punishment
hymiekooken
8/26/12 2:33:39AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

The dude survived cancer a few times
Has raised over 500 million for cancer awareness