Lambert v. Mcdonald odds

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Lambert v. Mcdonald odds
Pookie
9/3/08 12:40:37AM
i see that 2 out of every three people are picking macdonald to win it, but the line is at +115 for lambert

Is this on purpose, i know that it can be because of the better pickers having more say in the odds and what not but the gap between the +115, and the rightful +200 is quite a huge margin.

Just wondering if this was purposeful?
wolfman
9/3/08 12:51:19AM
I hear ya, a lot of times the odds are pretty mind boggling. For instance, Kurt is a big underdog and only 31% of the site is picking him to win. Yet, he is at -130 and Tavares is sitting as the underdog at -100. I have seen this happen on a lot of fights and it always confuses the hell out of me. I really don't understand how the odds work on this site...
Twenty20Dollars
9/3/08 1:02:32AM
crap yo, i wish pellegrino was a big underdog on the site, i'd put bigger money on him.
hotrodttt
9/3/08 2:28:42AM
I Totaly agree cuz I wanna lay some Fat Cash down on Lambert
Pookie
9/3/08 3:46:24AM

Posted by hotrodttt

I Totaly agree cuz I wanna lay some Fat Cash down on Lambert

agreed, i have him in my parlay, and i could be getting so much more for him if it matched statistic wise.

I mean the line now is exactly what it was when the fight was first announced, and wasnt this fight up on the wager section like 2 days after it was in the picks section.

If this is the case i think we need to wait longer before we can place wagers on it, let the line become what it would be. My humble opinion of course.
Svartorm
9/3/08 4:53:32AM
The odds have to do with not just the picks, but how much money is placed on each fighter. The odds WOULD be +200 but obviously a lot of people are laying money down on the dog and moving it towards even money.
Wolfenstein
9/3/08 1:52:40PM
That makes sense. The line actually reflects the matchups a little more evenly than the picks this event.

Pellegrino and Lambert both have much better odds than the picks indicate. I'm surprised so many peopl are picking Tavares after his destruction at the hands of Wiman.
Mr_Dead_Sexy
9/4/08 1:39:24AM
I've learned to just not question, and throw down cash. Here, Palhares is +300 something. The biggest I've found him for odds sites is Bodog, which has him at +165.
prozacnation1978
9/6/08 5:55:08PM
i has jason day winning now i have mcdonald more confident with mcdonald he will sub lambert quick
MMAcca
9/6/08 6:41:14PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

That makes sense. The line actually reflects the matchups a little more evenly than the picks this event.

Pellegrino and Lambert both have much better odds than the picks indicate. I'm surprised so many peopl are picking Tavares after his destruction at the hands of Wiman.

Wiman ain't no slouch anymore......