Lambert vs. Day

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lambert vs. Day
copcopps
8/12/08 11:49:45AM
am I the only one that's surprised Day's a minor underdog?

Lambert got KTFOed 2 fights in a row and overall doesn't seem to be the Punisher of old, more of the Punished.

Day however beat up Belcher and then got TKOed by Bisping.
Khaos
8/12/08 11:53:26AM
Even though I am cheering for Lambert, I am actually suprised Day is the underdog,he lost to "top" competition, and Lambert got KO'ed by two technical no names, I think Lambert should be the underdog, but he's still gonna TKO day in the first.
bullettdodger
8/12/08 12:05:04PM
Well we have seen Lambert do some impressive things in the past. I think a large number of people are expecting to see a new and fresh Jason Lambert due to the fact that he is dropping in weight and will hopefully be able to out work his opponent for a TKO or a Sub
copcopps
8/12/08 12:10:03PM
As far as I can tell Lambert's weight is gonna make him gas horribly. I think it won't be until the 2nd round however and then Day is gonna smack him.
wiggum
8/12/08 12:15:23PM
i think day should be the underdog...lambert has fought more top competition at a higher weightlclass...yeah hes been ko'd two times in a row, but goviea was hearing talks of title contention before his last fight and can is no joke either....not only that but is one of two people to ko babalu....were as day beat an overated belcher and overated losieau....lambert is be a big strong mw and is gonna destroy day and i think is an excellent addition to the middleweight class, probably will always fall short when it comes to title contention but will be better than a gatekeeper.
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/08 12:16:06PM
Lambert takes this fight prolly by tko. The two people that TKO'd lambert werent no names, gouviea and luiz cane. Lambert will prolly end this fight late in the first round with him being the stronger fighter.
copcopps
8/12/08 12:20:32PM
Gouveia wasn't Cane was when he TKOed Lambert.
nickcuc547
8/12/08 1:42:30PM
lambert has potential to be a best at 185, the guy was tough and a powerful dude at 205 and you could always tell he could drop to 185. i think the guy could be in title contention at middleweight.
Franklinfan47
8/12/08 5:30:02PM
This fights a tough one. Lambert gets a big KO over Sobral but ktfo in his next two fights. Day seems legit but its hard to tell at this point. Lambert will probably be a big mw which could play a big factor. My heart says to take the good old canadian boy but my head says take Lambert.
bls1919
8/12/08 7:55:26PM
This is an interesting fight. Both guys need a win. I am going to say Lambert wins via TKO 1st. He has had a slup against two guys who are animals. Wilson Gouviea, and Luis Cain are top level fighters. I like Day and think its going to be a sluggffest.
ncordless
8/12/08 8:07:07PM
I think Lambert's gotta be the favorite to win this one. He will keep the pressure on Day. IMO Day is pretty overrated and his win over Belcher will be the highlight of his entire career.
prozacnation1978
8/12/08 8:10:45PM
i got day in this one by knockout
mrkennedy
8/12/08 8:13:54PM
lambert ud
mrkennedy
8/12/08 8:14:39PM

Posted by ncordless

I think Lambert's gotta be the favorite to win this one. He will keep the pressure on Day. IMO Day is pretty overrated and his win over Belcher will be the highlight of his entire career.

well said
Pookie
8/13/08 12:56:44AM

Posted by Khaos

Even though I am cheering for Lambert, I am actually suprised Day is the underdog,he lost to "top" competition, and Lambert got KO'ed by two technical no names, I think Lambert should be the underdog, but he's still gonna TKO day in the first.

If you think Gouviea is a no name, then i dont even know what to say to you.

And Cane although in just his second match in the ufc, already showed his potential in his One-sided bout with James irvin pre-disqualification.

Gouveia and Cane I could argue are both, much better fighters than Bisbing.
jiujitsufreak74
8/13/08 1:12:04AM

Posted by ncordless
his win over Belcher will be the highlight of his entire career.

win over The Crow > win over Belcher imo

but i agree that Day is overrated and that Lambert is justifiably a slight favorite