LA Lakers Acquire Steve Nash

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » LA Lakers Acquire Steve Nash
jakewalters
7/5/12 2:37:31AM
In a sign-and-trade deal, the Suns send Steve Nash to the Lakers. In return, the Suns get four draft picks -- first rounders in 2013 and 2015 and second rounders in 2013 and 2014.

This obviously makes Steve, Kobe, and the Lakers contenders again in the West.

Damnit, I was adding a poll and accidentally hit enter before I got it in. I was going to ask who you see winning the Western Conference next year? (I still have the Thunder)

Poor_Franklin
7/5/12 2:58:40AM
HUGE!!!!!!
Budgellism
7/5/12 6:50:36AM
Sick of the Lakers

I was hoping they would just quietly fall out of contention...
Bubbles
7/5/12 7:33:30AM
now if they keep Gasol as well, the big 4 makes a strong case to come out of the west
Gogoplatapus
7/5/12 10:04:03AM
Damn I hate the Lakeshow but I love Nash. Toronto will be butthurt over this but you really can't blame him for wanting a ring.
cowcatcher
7/5/12 11:46:05AM
How many games into the season will it take for Kobe to call out Nash on playing bad defense or something? Granted if Pau stays he still has his old whipping boy, but I think it's a 50/50 shot of him being dealt and Kobe needs someone else to blame things on.
prophecy033
7/5/12 2:04:51PM
pmoney
7/5/12 3:01:47PM
I am fucking stoked!

I knew Nash was coming to LA. He said last season he was going to look to make a move. He probably has better career numbers than anyone in the game, dude averages like 90%ft, 50%fg and 40% from the three every year.

Right now Lakers have Kobe, Artest, Nash, Gasol and Bynum projected to start. If Bynum starts playing every night and knocks of this prima donna bs, we could be something. Or we could potentially get Dwight Howard and say FTW. But the there is the question if Dwight would get up for the Lakers...

LuckyCharms
7/5/12 3:15:35PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Damn I hate the Lakeshow but I love Nash. Toronto will be butthurt over this but you really can't blame him for wanting a ring.

Nash did more it for his children then for a ring. Nash is now in close proximity to his three children in Phoenix. That's the main reason why the Lakers were able to land Nash.

Nash told ESPN.com. "I approached them and asked if they would be willing to do a sign-and-trade deal with L.A. because it is very important to me to stay near my children and family.
Bubbles
7/5/12 6:20:22PM

Posted by pmoney

I am fucking stoked!

I knew Nash was coming to LA. He said last season he was going to look to make a move. He probably has better career numbers than anyone in the game, dude averages like 90%ft, 50%fg and 40% from the three every year.

Right now Lakers have Kobe, Artest, Nash, Gasol and Bynum projected to start. If Bynum starts playing every night and knocks of this prima donna bs, we could be something. Or we could potentially get Dwight Howard and say FTW. But the there is the question if Dwight would get up for the Lakers...

who the hell is Artest?

Howard wont go to LA because he wont score 20 ppg. He will go to Brooklyn instead where he will be option 1a or 1b
MMA-San
7/5/12 9:33:19PM
Stupid Suns