Kurt Pellegrino Injured, Forced To Withdraw From Bellator 68

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kurt Pellegrino Injured, Forced To Withdraw From Bellator 68
sparky
3/14/12 10:50:48AM
Former UFC veteran Kurt ‘Batman’ Pellegrino (16-7) has apparently suffered a knee injury while preparing for an upcoming Bellator 68 bout versus Marcin Held.

News of the injury was posted by Sherdog.com after learning the news from a source close to the fight.

The bout would have been Pellegrino’s second appearance with the Bellator promotion after debuting with them last November in a first round TKO loss to Patricky Freire at Bellator 59.

Pellegrino announced after the bout that he was going to retire, once again after announcing the same thing after two straight losses in the UFC, but was apparently swayed by Bellator to fight again.

Link
Franklinfan47
3/14/12 11:57:18AM
Didnt he retire twice already?
emfleek
3/14/12 11:59:17AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

My thoughts exactly. I didn't even know he was scheduled to fight.
Bubbles
3/14/12 12:55:15PM
as long as he keeps getting knocked out, "Batman" can fight as long as he wants
prophecy033
3/14/12 3:43:06PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Franklinfan47

I'm right there with you guys
pmoney
3/14/12 4:59:01PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Franklinfan47

I'm right there with you guys

Ditto. I remember him retiring, getting ko'ed by Patricky Pitbull, and retiring again. I also had no clue he had come out of retirement, let alone that he had a fight scheduled.

Batman was never my favorite fighter, but I always respected him after he got that hole kicked in his face and kept on fighting to eventually win. I forget who that was against, but I can see Batman getting booted in the chops right now....
shaneTpain
3/14/12 5:09:12PM
This guy retires every time he loses
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
3/14/12 8:06:09PM
was going for Marcin Held anyways