Kurt Angle Signs MMA Deal?, Fighting Randy Couture

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kurt Angle Signs MMA Deal?, Fighting Randy Couture
Mungooch
9/28/08 3:24:08AM
cowcatcher
9/28/08 8:04:56AM
kurt angle really talks a lot about his wanting to be in mma, and at first i was kind of interested to see how hed do because he is after all a gold medalist. at this point though i wish someone would just get the guy a f'n muzzle because all this talk he does without actually doing anything is making me more sickened than having to see the princess diaries 100 times in a row.
Matimus
9/28/08 8:31:44AM
i think he has small man syndrome, he talks alot of shit when it comes to fighting, but when he actually gets in the ring, he'll get KTFO right off the hop, or he'll take a serious beating for 3 rounds.....that is unless the shaw family gets ahold of him and puts him up against scrubs then claim he's the greatest thing since ultra thin condoms.
Solidus
9/28/08 8:50:17AM
Why would he fight Randy in his first mma fight lol
MMAcca
9/28/08 9:52:08AM
Doesn't he have a suspect neck (broken it a few times) ?

If so, what will he do when Rampage picks him up and slams him on it ?

I think he's too old to make the transition successfully and if he does compete in MMA, it will probably be just a one-off high profile exhibition bout.

Maybe against Randy after he's retired......
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/28/08 10:00:34AM
another piece of news that should be under I dont give a flying f*ck and probly just a stupid rumor.
casey64
9/28/08 10:17:39AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

another piece of news that should be under I dont give a flying f*ck and probly just a stupid rumor.

That and if he comes to MMA he will get demolished.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/28/08 10:20:37AM

Posted by casey64

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

I don't even think there's a word for what would happened to Kurty if he transitions to mma. oh wait... bloodbath
casey64
9/28/08 10:25:34AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by casey64

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

I don't even think there's a word for what would happened to Kurty if he transitions to mma. oh wait... bloodbath

Agreed, 100%
kris_ericson
9/28/08 11:38:58AM
id love to see kurt get his ass beat
Porch28
9/28/08 11:43:45AM
You know I welcome all the "fake" wrestlers to try MMA. It's when they come over and think and act like they are still in the WWE is what 's going to make it a joke and turn off a lot of fans .Brock still has to learn that and Angle sure as hell will have to. To me that's just unwelcome
The-Don
9/28/08 1:31:43PM
ok.. I do not think he would do all that badly.. Not as good as Brock will do.. brocks got age on his side... I also do not think Kurt will be at the top the the ladder.. he could easily become a gate keeperwin some lose some.. but he'll have too short a carear to really ahve the chance to gain any skill.. unless he has been actually training since he first started talking.. then he has what.. 3 years of training already? over all I think he is just full of hot air about switching over to MMA.. .He is too heavily involeved on storylines on TNA and he makes the company too much money plus he makes too much money... It would be interesting too see... he still is a great wrestler.. but has he learned any thing else or is he exptrecting his wrestling to take him through... ?

though I think the fact you have guys like Angle and others in Pro Wrestling and other top sports even boxing... talking about working out deal with MMA promotions to Co promote or athletes wanting to cross over is Great for MMA it shows it is not the ultra violent bloodbath the media tries to make it out to be some times.
jae_1833
9/28/08 1:32:19PM
From the article "Kurt Angle mentioned that he has signed a contract with an undisclosed MMA promotion" and "Bubba, a close friend of Kurt's, kept pressing Angle about which company he signed with and when he mentioned that Angle had signed with the UFC to take on Randy Couture sometime next year, Angle did not deny or confirm those claims."

Now from these you can all agree that Kurt never said that he would be fighting Randy Couture nor did he say that he had signed with the UFC, the ONLY place Randy will be fighting for some time at least.

Please don't get me wrong, I think it's as ridiculous as the rest of you, for Kurt to be talking as much as he does about pursuing a career in MMA. However, you have to admit that a lot of the new UFC fans are crossover fans from the WWE. These fans will keep their loyalties, just as Brock has kept his fans from his time spent in that business. We all can tell what is going to happen to Kurt if does even half of what he is claiming he wants to do. I will be right there with the rest of you when and if he does. I am sure it will either be a can fight, or a complete massacre!
Solidus
9/28/08 2:04:18PM
If he's picked up by the UFC he should fight Brock first, that would be funny to see. Kurt by angle slam... or whatever he calls it
wrona666
9/28/08 2:13:06PM
Angle would get retired for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kracker_Jap
9/28/08 2:21:03PM
YA RIGHT

In what MMA's first ladder match
SpinningBackfist
10/21/08 6:54:36PM
yea i think angle would lose this match but none of you give him enough credit. Just cause he's a fake wrestler doesnt mean shit. The dude was a gold medalist. being on the olympic team probably means your pretty good at something, and last i checked a gold medal means your the best... There both not that young anymore though and kurt lacks a lot of experience so he'll deff lose, just i doubt the whole "blood bath" thing it would be closer than you think.