kurt angle vs randy couture (just read ok?)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » kurt angle vs randy couture (just read ok?)
DustinT
4/8/08 3:36:42PM
So I know nothing of Kurt's career in professional wrestling in wwf, wwe, tna whatever, nor do i care.

however.....

i have a friend that works for a professional basketball team, and Kurt was a guest interview the other night. He informed me today and Kurt mentioned that he has signed a fight with Randy but could not inform of the Org.

I'm not tryin to pull a fast one on anyone here. I just thought I'd bring it up and see if anyone else heard this as well or if Kurt's just runnin' his mouth like i've seen in previous interviews. I just don't see the point in this besides big bucks.

flame away.
i'm just the middleman here.
pv3Hpv3p
4/8/08 4:01:04PM
I heard that they were supposed to have a submission wrestling match... Haven't heard anything about an MMA fight, though... so take that for what it's worth
ohiostate1016
4/8/08 4:05:37PM
From a buddy's blog (don't ask me the source, I'm just reporting what I read here):

On another Randy Couture note, Randy had stated several weeks ago that he was in talks to face Kurt Angle in a submission-fighting league. Angle recently confirmed that the match will happen at the end of summer or early fall.

The blog goes on to say:

Randy has fought in the submission-wrestling league before (I think it is called Pacific Coast Submission Grappling - but I could be wrong about what the league is called). He fought BJJ legend Jocare to a draw. And no I am not joking. Randy first announced it on Bubba Love Sponge radio show and Angle confirmed it on TAGG Radio last week.

LINK
DustinT
4/8/08 4:12:25PM
ahh that would make more sense.
i had a feeling that's what it was. I knew you guys could provide me with a little more info.

i appreciate it.

skinnator
4/8/08 9:33:23PM
I heard something about that too. And now it seems that Angle is showing off his MMA Style by Fighting Tomko and Styles(TNA Wrestlers) on the TNA show
emfleek
4/9/08 9:59:21AM
Go Randy.

Kurt Angle is a douchebag.
atlas777
4/9/08 1:32:46PM
Randy would walk through Kurt Angle in any aspect of the fight game even wrestling, randy is an amazing wrestler and angle lost a wrestling match to matt hamill before so randy would wreck anlge in every position of the fight or submission wrestling. Any type of bout randy would win.
ultimateweapon
4/9/08 8:29:04PM
took the words right out of my mouth
Jackelope
4/10/08 3:46:22PM

Posted by atlas777

Randy would walk through Kurt Angle in any aspect of the fight game even wrestling, randy is an amazing wrestler and angle lost a wrestling match to matt hamill before so randy would wreck anlge in every position of the fight or submission wrestling. Any type of bout randy would win.

I know he lost one to Mark Coleman, but I never heard he lost one to Matt Hamill before. Got a source for that?
ncordless
4/13/08 5:12:12AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by atlas777

I know he lost one to Mark Coleman, but I never heard he lost one to Matt Hamill before. Got a source for that?

There is no source because it's not true.

Angle was a freestyle wrestler that got beat once by Marc Coleman and is one of most decorated wrestlers in US Olympic history.

Randy was a Greco-Roman wrestler that never actually made it to the Olympics.

Point is, on pure wrestling credentials Angle is the more highly respected. In a match today though, submisson or traditional, I would take Randy.
warglory
4/13/08 8:01:39PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by atlas777

There is no source because it's not true.

Angle was a freestyle wrestler that got beat once by Marc Coleman and is one of most decorated wrestlers in US Olympic history.

Randy was a Greco-Roman wrestler that never actually made it to the Olympics.

Point is, on pure wrestling credentials Angle is the more highly respected. In a match today though, submisson or traditional, I would take Randy.

Couldn't agree more.
atlas777
4/16/08 9:38:46AM
Matt Hammil trained at my boxing coaches gym in preparation for his fight against Thim Boetsch whereobviously they talked, Matt told my boxing coach that he had beaten Kurt Angle in a wrestling match i do not know where, or when or any of the facts but thats what i was told.
casey64
4/16/08 9:59:55AM

Posted by emfleek

Go Randy.

Big Time
jgtribbett
4/18/08 7:39:23AM

Posted by emfleek

Go Randy.

angle is not a douche bag.. he just went the wrong rought.. i'm sure he woulda been a great heavy weight fighter..

i'm saying angle gets the td and then gets subd
casey64
4/18/08 10:12:37AM

Posted by jgtribbett

Posted by emfleek

Go Randy.

angle is not a douche bag.. he just went the wrong rought.. i'm sure he woulda been a great heavy weight fighter..

i'm saying angle gets the td and then gets subd

I dont think so Kurt had the chance but didnt take it. He's a candy no doubt.
loller90278
4/18/08 10:49:03PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

From a buddy's blog (don't ask me the source, I'm just reporting what I read here):

On another Randy Couture note, Randy had stated several weeks ago that he was in talks to face Kurt Angle in a submission-fighting league. Angle recently confirmed that the match will happen at the end of summer or early fall.

The blog goes on to say:

Randy has fought in the submission-wrestling league before (I think it is called Pacific Coast Submission Grappling - but I could be wrong about what the league is called). He fought BJJ legend Jocare to a draw. And no I am not joking. Randy first announced it on Bubba Love Sponge radio show and Angle confirmed it on TAGG Radio last week.

LINK

your friend and source is wrong on the name, it is the Professional Submission League

and the website can be found HERE

......damn im good.