Kracker_Jap... Sets goal to bench 405lbs in 7 weeks

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Kracker_Jap... Sets goal to bench 405lbs in 7 weeks
POLL: Will the round eye asian reach his goal???
Yes old men are always strong 51% (21)
No he is to dusty to make it 24% (10)
Liar liar pant on fire 24% (10)
Kracker_Jap
10/2/08 2:58:35PM
I thought about starting this thread in the training room but because its more about BS, and bragging I put it here in the locker room.....

Here goes my story and the reason for the thread...

First off, I turned 31 a few weeks ago and am feeling a little old, I work out at a gym that is located close to a College so there is a lot of younger peeps around when I work out, so I always get the question "how much can you bench?" I always respond that I'm to old to really care blABLAbla.....

But before my B-day I decided to give it a try after a hard tricep day, I ended up benching 350lbs wow not bad for a old fart that weighs 190lbs...

So that go me inspired to try again after my B-day and before wearing myself out with any other workouts, I ended up with 375lbs

So now I feel pretty spiffy and am all jazzed up and started to think who in the hell is going to believe this story????

I thought I should video tape it and put it on you-tube and email it to my buddies but 375 is cool but 405 is 4 plates on each side and would be cooler..... So now I have set a goal and a time line and plan to keep you guys in the loop on what and how each workout goes...

BTW I am a ACE personal trainer and if I reach my goal it should prove I know what I'm doing but if I don't at least I will have tried and yes I plan to put the results on you tube and post them here in about 7 weeks
Kracker_Jap
10/2/08 3:02:11PM
Mods maybe you send me a shirt i'll wear it on the video and advrtise the best MMA site in the world
juanez13
10/2/08 3:23:03PM
I can bench 335, 7 reps. Have gone up to 380, but can only do it once. Good luck on getting 405, make sure you have a spotter though, just in case.
Kracker_Jap
10/2/08 5:54:35PM
1st work out of 14 total

295lbs 1x6 ----easy
315lbs 2x5 ----ok
330lbs 2x4 ----- last set I was totally weak and defeated

Overall good weight good reps great spotting on the last set

special note to 40 oz "you love Sarah"
iwannabesedated
10/2/08 6:24:39PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

1st work out of 14 total

295lbs 1x6 ----easy
315lbs 2x5 ----ok
330lbs 2x4 ----- last set I was totally weak and defeated

Overall good weight good reps great spotting on the last set

special note to 40 oz "you love Sarah"

Yeah i love women who talk in circles and reads everything
Darnok
10/2/08 7:13:36PM
Good luck Kracker. Let us know when you make it. Good to see at least one of us old guys doing something. I could do 4 plates a side when I was a young buck but am too scared to try it now. My bones would probably turn into dust.
Cdellorso
10/2/08 10:54:39PM
like Randy- getting better with age...
haggiswashere
10/3/08 2:35:36AM
you can do it buddy!!!!!!!!!
Jackelope
10/3/08 3:07:56AM
Hell yeah bro.. good luck!

Me personally I could never get that strong on bench because my shoulders would give me big problems. 405 is quite a feat. Hell, 375 is quite a feat... you should be proud already!
big_timmy
10/3/08 4:23:58AM
And the award for far too many Emoticons in an article goes to. . . . . . .

Kracker_Jap!!!!

On Kracker's behalf, his friends will accept his award.

jiujitsufreak74
10/3/08 2:58:18PM
i bench 150

but good luck on 405 i'm sure ypu can do it if you just hit 375 without intense training
FrankTheTank1181
10/3/08 8:17:06PM
Get yourself some spinach and a big ass box of Wheaties and you will be fine
The-Don
10/5/08 1:11:47AM
man as someone who also just turned 31 a couple week ago good luck.. I am back to my Jit training... My goal is to be in a competition before I am 32...
Kracker_Jap
10/5/08 5:50:25PM
Workout #2 out of 14

10/5/08

2x3 at 325 -----easy enough
2x2 at 350 ------ Dam ass hard (feeling old)
2 Negatives with 385lbs ----- Shoot was that my shoulder that just popped and now hurts?? Where the hell is my mom?? I feel like crying

I will update my bad case of vaginitas with the shoulder pain Later
The-Don
10/5/08 5:58:14PM
I have done alot of research on negatives and most of it says negatives aree all but useless scientifically speaking.. I have heard if you do slightly lighter weights and do a 6 second motion.. 3 seconds up and 3 down it helps increase testosterone levels and natual HGH levels.. it increases overall strength and does not add much bulk.
Kracker_Jap
10/5/08 7:21:41PM
Thanks I have also read info close to that....

The reason for the negatives that I do is to, basically get my body use to the weight..... Bones, tendons, my confidence ect

My muscle is up to it The rest of me is not
The-Don
10/6/08 9:47:11AM
should try the 6 second rep then.. I have found i get the same feeling as a normal workout.. and while my muscles fell stronger afterwards I am not increaseing bulk... I use it for alot of my exercises even things like push ups and such.. its kinda like getting the best of both.. but shoot for it man... YOu got my support.. us old dudes need to support each other..
Kracker_Jap
10/10/08 11:15:05AM
oct 8th of 08

I worked out again but left my entry for the set at the gym...

So on sunday I will log the sets and reps
Kracker_Jap
10/12/08 10:22:30PM
I have a bad case of vaginitas in my right shoulder....

Planning on taking a week off to see if it returns to its manlyness
Rush
10/13/08 2:55:00PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Do you play with your right shoulder too much?
casey64
10/13/08 3:18:57PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Do you play with your right shoulder too much?

Tizzy
11/20/08 6:02:55PM
Good luck dude!
The-Don
11/21/08 7:18:47PM
yea man whats the update.. where you at... ???
State_Champ
11/26/08 3:52:10PM
i bet he hasn't updated because he's too busy benching!
Rush
11/26/08 4:03:49PM

Posted by State_Champ

Or having sex with fat women.
The-Don
11/29/08 11:43:10PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by State_Champ

Or having sex with fat women.

That or he was lifting without a spotter and is now stuck under his weight begging for help
jocka
1/5/09 10:37:03PM
I think its so funny when guys consider themselves old at 30 ish. I remember reading some articles that were saying that a average man reaches his muscle peak at the age of 32 so technicly you guys should be kicking the ass of the 20ish guys like me. Personnaly when i go to the gym all the stronger guys are in their 30 so gonna man suck it up

I wish you good luck on your training
The-Don
1/6/09 2:14:03PM

Posted by jocka

I think its so funny when guys consider themselves old at 30 ish. I remember reading some articles that were saying that a average man reaches his muscle peak at the age of 32 so technicly you guys should be kicking the ass of the 20ish guys like me. Personnaly when i go to the gym all the stronger guys are in their 30 so gonna man suck it up

I wish you good luck on your training

No that is true.. look at most of your top strongmen,.. they are usually in the late 20's early to mid 30s... on average.. I am natuarlly the strongest guy in my BJJ school and as i get into better shape and my technique is getting better it is showing with how easy I can do some things that others are struggling with. Plus I shocked a few last night while rolling.. had a few nice bursts of speed.