Kpro's Point Total Av Bets - UFC on VERSUS 6

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kpro's Point Total Av Bets - UFC on VERSUS 6
Next Page »
Kpro
9/18/11 4:22:35PM
UFC on VERSUS 6 on October 1st:

Walel Watson vs. Joseph Sandoval
Keith Wisniewski vs. Josh Neer
Fabio Maldonado vs. Aaron Rosa
Shane Roller vs. TJ Grant
Rafaello Oliveira vs. Yves Edwards
Mike Easton vs. Jeff Hougland
Paul Sass vs. Michael Johnson
Stefan Struve vs. Pat Barry
Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
Anthony Johnson vs. Charlie Brenneman
Dominick Cruz vs. Demetrious Johnson

Here are the rules:

1) 1 week avatar bet (until UFC 136 when we'll do it again)
2a) Everyone who signs up will be paired based on post count
-The top 2 post totals will face each other
-Everyone in the middle will continue being paired against the closest post total
-The bottom 2 post totals will face each other
-If there is an odd number of participants, the lowest post total is DQ'd. Sorry :(
2b) If two PG'ers want to face each other and not let post count per month determine it just post in the thread. Decide through PM or challenge someone in this thread.
3) Point total determines the winner. If tied, pick% breaks the tie. If still tied, wager earnings is the final tiebreaker.
4) Depending how many sign-ups we get, I'll chunk the PG'ers into quarters or eighths and randomize your opponent from that section (so similar post count but maybe not the person right next to you). Obviously the top two post counts wouldn't want to face each other every time.

Avatar bets on one fight are boring to me so doing it on an entire card gives a lot more to root for as it could come down to the main event 12 fights later.

The DEADLINE for signup is by 11PM Wednesday night, September 28th.

It's only an avatar bet for one week, because the next event is one week later. I don't intend to have these av bets be for longer than one week even when the next event is a month away. Just a nice smack in the mouth if you lose, and then you can go back to your av of choice. I know some people can come up with some creative av's out there and this will have them facing poster's they normally wouldn't have faced off against.

You are trying to beat your opponents total points for the event. Unless you challenge or are challenged and all is accepted, your opponent that could be giving you an av, or you giving them an av, you won't know until two days before the event!

Obviously nothing against site rules can be used.

I'll edit the list as people sign up, and keep in mind you are free to challenge someone on the list, multiple people on the list (to see who responds back first) or someone who hasn't posted in the thread (I'd post the challenge, then PM them the link), however they do have the option to decline in which case you'll be paired against the poster closest to you in total posts.

Game on and good luck!

I'll update the participants list at least every other day.

Participants:
Drudinh vs jjeans
Kpro
Budgelism
Pookie
Grappler0000
emfleek
SpiderSilva
Budgellism
9/18/11 4:28:27PM
I'm in
Pookie
9/18/11 5:06:53PM
I'm in. This is the only way i can win an av bet.
grappler0000
9/18/11 8:47:44PM
Why not...you only live once.
Pookie
9/18/11 9:00:13PM

Posted by grappler0000

prophecy033
9/18/11 10:20:35PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by grappler0000

Very nice Bond Reference
Drudinh
9/19/11 1:11:10AM
I'm down
Pookie
9/19/11 1:06:38PM
If you look closely, you can see Bond getting an ol' fashioned.
emfleek
9/19/11 1:09:39PM
I'm in.
SpiderSilva
9/20/11 7:24:14PM
im in
Kpro
9/21/11 11:19:13PM
7 in and 7 days left! You game?
Kpro
9/24/11 2:39:18AM
With the participants we have right now the matchups would be:

Fleek vs. Pookie
Grappler vs. Kpro
Budgelism vs. Spidersilva
Drudinh would be left without an opponent.

Feel free to challenge someone, or just sign up and the above matchups will be altered based on the new participants.

If we don't get too many more PG'ers willing to try the idea this may be the only time it's done; so sign up, or post in here that you are going head to head with someone in your fight camp using the point total rules and I'll get your matchup listed.

jjeans
9/24/11 4:11:31AM

Posted by Kpro

Druidnh...... opponentless.... avatar bet

We're only the biggest rivals ever Sign me up, give me that slot!!!!
Drudinh
9/24/11 5:09:04AM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Kpro

Druidnh...... opponentless.... avatar bet

We're only the biggest rivals ever Sign me up, give me that slot!!!!

its on
Kpro
9/24/11 6:57:11PM
Participants:
Drudinh vs jjeans
Kpro
Budgelism
Pookie
Grappler0000
emfleek
SpiderSilva

You can still sign up, matchups won't be announced until Thursday!
Kpro
9/28/11 2:11:07AM

Posted by Kpro

Participants:
Drudinh vs jjeans
Kpro
Budgelism
Pookie
Grappler0000
emfleek
SpiderSilva

You can still sign up, matchups won't be announced until Thursday!

The matchups are:

Drudinh vs. jjeans
Emfleek vs. Pookie
Grappler0000 vs. Kpro
Budgelism vs. SpiderSilva

The avatar bet is based on point totals for UFC on VERSUS 6 and will last for a period of one week. Good luck to all!
Shawn91111
9/28/11 5:51:42AM
nm
jjeans
9/28/11 7:32:42AM

Posted by Kpro

Due to lack of shown interest, matchups are locking early and we won't be doing this for the next event.

Boo
Kpro
9/28/11 7:03:49PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Kpro

Due to lack of shown interest, matchups are locking early and we won't be doing this for the next event.

Boo

I'll keep doing it if there's interest. I'll start a thread for UFC 137 to see how many want to sign up.
Kpro
10/1/11 9:05:46PM
Sass pickers have the early advantage, I'll post the results as soon as the fights are over and the site is updated. Be prepared to have an avatar ready for your opponent..... or be ready to switch yours
Pookie
10/1/11 11:43:03PM
57 points.
Kpro
10/1/11 11:50:57PM
Drudinh over jjeans 71-61
Pookie over Emfleek 57-53
Kpro over grappler0000 59-51
Budgellism over SpiderSilva 46-34

I'll send out PM's for each matchup.

The winners get to choose an avatar for their opponent that they must use until the next UFC event ends (7 days). The avatar also must be forum rules appropriate.

Congrats to Drudinh, Pookie, Kpro, and Budgellism.
Look forward to receiving your new avatar jjeans, Emfleek, grappler0000, and SpiderSilva

As there's no way I can enforce this as it's a forum thread. I'm PM'ing those involved in each matchup individually so that they can work out the avatar between themselves. Hopefully all come up with the avatar shortly, if they haven't already, and their opponent has to wear their badge of un-honor across the forums for a week.
Kpro
10/2/11 12:07:09AM
PM's have been sent out to each matchup. Congrats to the winners!

I encourage you to post the avatar in the thread so all can see what your opponent will be using for the next week
Kpro
10/2/11 4:33:33AM
Grappler, you're stuck with Uncle Jesse for 7 days:

jjeans
10/2/11 4:34:40AM
Ha, this is funny as hell. Any other person I would have beaten, came second overall, the one person I call out.... Oh well!
Kpro
10/2/11 4:36:25AM

Posted by jjeans

Ha, this is funny as hell. Any other person I would have beaten, came second overall, the one person I call out.... Oh well!

Maybe you'll get something awesome like Uncle Jesse.
Pookie
10/2/11 5:13:28AM
I gave Emfleek a hot chick who touched my weiner once. I figure it'll make me happier to see that than two gay dudes on a float half naked. Which was my other choice.

You'll see it soon enough.
jjeans
10/2/11 5:19:03AM
This will be what ill be sporting for the week
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Budgellism
10/3/11 7:42:54AM
I may be pushing it with this but Spider, you're stuck with a little Ron Jeremy for the week. Enjoy.

emfleek
10/3/11 9:48:59AM

Posted by Kpro

Grappler, you're stuck with Uncle Jesse for 7 days:

LUCKY! Can I be stuck with you guys, too? With a 3rd person, we'd almost have a full house! <--- see what I did there?

Pages: [1] 2