Koscheck Wants 10-12 Fights In 2010.....Really

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Koscheck Wants 10-12 Fights In 2010.....Really
MMAcca
11/23/09 4:13:48AM
“(Dan Hardy’s) not gonna happen, I’m just gonna fight,” he told MMAWeekly.com. “I already told Joe Silva I’m ready to fight. Hopefully I can get 10 to 12 fights next year.”

Really?

“Yeah, 10 to 12,” he declared.

Even with Zuffa pushing its UFC brand across the globe and constantly upping its number of events each year, 10 to 12 isn’t really realistic, but Silva and UFC boss Dana White have got to love the enthusiasm.

LINK
emfleek
11/23/09 8:34:11AM
That'd be great. I love watching this guy fight. Though it's pretty unrealistic to think he could fight that much, it'd be awesome if he even fought half that much.
RyanC
11/23/09 11:57:51AM
While there are things to dislike about Josh Koscheck this is something that I love about him. He wants to fight anyone at anytime. He steps up on short notice to take fights, and he's looking to fight all the time. His personality isn't always something I love, but I think he likes to play the heel. I do love the way he fights, and I really enjoy watching him in the cage. I hope he gets at least 6 fights in 2010.
Rush
11/23/09 12:10:46PM

Posted by emfleek

That'd be great. I love watching this guy fight. Though it's pretty unrealistic to think he could fight that much, it'd be awesome if he even fought have that much.

I'm sure he could do it fighting cans and barring any medical suspensions, but if that is what he wants to do, he needs to fight outside of the UFC.
telnights
11/23/09 2:46:07PM
I think he is setting his goals way to high. Fighting top level fighters he will be lucky to get 6-7 in a year.
sexyjmama
11/23/09 2:52:43PM
10 or 12 fights is just insane! You have to take into account all the injuries you get in training and fights. I say he gets more around 6, 7 if he's lucky. But I like the guys attitude. He's a very good fighter.
MMAcca
11/23/09 3:42:51PM
Kos is bound to suffer an injury (even a slight one) in an at least one fight.

I think the most he can expect Joe Silva to give him is 5 fights.

Although thinking about it, if Koscheck wants a title shot then he won't be able to fight often because if he loses a fight then the shot is gone.

Josh needs to make a decision here. Fight often or fight for a title
Wallass
11/23/09 3:46:58PM
LOL I love Koscheck but come on buddy thats way to much. Didn t he say last year around this time that he wanted 8 fights this year? Only to be knocked out by Paulo Thiago in the 1st? I DO want to see him fight monthly though, Kos always gives his all and is an example of someone I despised when he debuted but has one me over due to his work ethic.
emfleek
11/23/09 4:53:25PM
I read a quote from Kos the other day that said he didn't ultimately care about fighting for a title. As long as he's getting paid to fight, that's all that matters.

Or maybe he said that after his fight? I don't remember exactly where I read it or saw it.
crushedbacon
11/23/09 8:44:00PM
Who is there for this guy to fight in the UFC right now. Obviously he will not fight Fitch or Swick. Then GSP and Hardy are set to go against each other. Matt Hughes wants no part of him. He just beat AJ. So who is there to fight without taking a huge leap backwards in the talent pool? If I'm Kos I would look to get a fight against Paulo Thiago next and avenge that loss. Other than that Alves is all I can see.....
Gogoplatapus
11/23/09 9:08:44PM
Maybe the winner of Condit/Daley? I get the feeling he wants a fight before that. haha.

I'd like to see Swick/Kampman now.
crushedbacon
11/23/09 11:02:39PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Maybe the winner of Condit/Daley? I get the feeling he wants a fight before that. haha.

I'd like to see Swick/Kampman now.

Yeah, nice call.....would love to see Kos up against Daley or Condit. They should stick Kos on 108 too if he wants to fight more often........Put him up against Kampman, get Rory outta there.....
MMAcca
11/24/09 1:11:35AM

Posted by emfleek

I read a quote from Kos the other day that said he didn't ultimately care about fighting for a title. As long as he's getting paid to fight, that's all that matters.

Or maybe he said that after his fight? I don't remember exactly where I read it or saw it.

i read that too, but after the Johnson fight Kos bigging himself up as next in line to fight GSP
BustedKnuckle
11/24/09 9:23:42PM
I love KOS' attitude. This guy was used to performing on a weekly basis in wrestling(damn near as demanding on the body as MMA w/o KOs) and moving forward with no injuries, he wants to fight!!!!! I enjoyed watching him wrestle and am loving seeing him fight in the UFC!
EliasG
11/25/09 12:02:07AM
Lot of stuff I don't like about KOS===his fighitng spirit--not one of them...he's still a weasel and the kind of guy that will call a foul when he misses a shot when you are playing pick up basketball, even if you werent close to him---but he likes to stay active and he doesn't back away from fights and stays in shape. True pro there.