Koscheck at Middleweight - Good or Bad?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Koscheck at Middleweight - Good or Bad?
POLL: Koscheck at Middleweight?
Good 62% (16)
Bad 38% (10)
BeefightStorm
9/25/11 10:14:55PM
With his latest win over Matt Hughes there was discussion that Koscheck could be heading to the middleweight division. Though Koscheck does have good punching power & always comes in great shape, he may have a chance at the middle to lower tier fighter in this weight class, but the middleweights I have in the top 10 will all provide problems for Kos. The only one that he may have a shot at, I feel would be Leben, who he has experience with during the TUF 1 days, & would be a huge selling fight. In this regard I say this is a good move to Middleweight, but 1 fight is not enough.
The bad side, after Leben, he would have to deal with the likes of:
Souza, Belfort, Bisping, & Okami, who I have from #10 to # 7 in the division, & I feel are much to strong for Koscheck, & also provide speed with size.
What do you think? Good or Bad.
ghandikush
9/25/11 10:29:12PM
Kos could beat any of the top middleweight if he wrestled them but he's too egotitical to be a great fighter. Maia would never get him to the ground, Stan would never avaoid the ground, I dont think Chael would have shit on him etc Vitor, Yushin, and Anderson would all beat him down though imo.
Poor_Franklin
9/25/11 10:55:57PM
he won't fight Fitch & he shouldn't fight GSP so why not? but if he goes, i don't want to see him go back & forth between divisions. if he goes he should commit to it & stay
Chael_Sonnen
9/25/11 11:07:06PM
**GOOD**

Because he would get destroyed....please Kos, come to 185 and Chael and Co. will show you how it's done son
Twenty20Dollars
9/25/11 11:22:00PM
I mean it would be bad for him. He didn't look that sharp against Hughes.

Would prolly get beat against top MW contenders, but could hang and beat some of the MW's.

But if he has no fights at WW anymore then go up.
Pookie
9/26/11 12:23:24AM
He'll have a harder time at 185 than i think most people realize. His wrestling won't be nearly as effective.
Boo_Radley21
9/26/11 10:47:28AM
If he moved up that would pretty much signify the end of his career in the UFC. His wrestling and power are effective at 170 against guys his size, but if he fights at MW those advantages are gone against some bigger wrestlers (Yushin, Chael, Munoz) and more powerful/better strikers (Vitor, Anderson)
prozacnation1978
9/26/11 12:27:26PM
You don't see many fighters move up a weight class and have success doing it
I don't think he would get a title shot at 185. Then again kos is a ship with no land in site at 170. He has some fights ahead but I doubt he will get another title shot

Kos vs shields
Kos vs story
Kos vs condit are three I would love to see
ghandikush
9/26/11 1:02:45PM

Posted by Pookie

He'll have a harder time at 185 than i think most people realize. His wrestling won't be nearly as effective.

Kos is an all time great wrestler and I cant think of a single person at 185 who is even close to his calibur. In that way, combined with his athleticism being top 10 in the business I could see him being effective.

Edit- Yushin would probably win, but I doubt Chael without his juicing and Munoz.
cowcatcher
9/26/11 1:05:35PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Pookie

Kos is an all time great wrestler and I cant think of a single person at 185 who is even close to his calibur. In that way, combined with his athleticism being top 10 in the business I could see him being effective.

Munoz? Sonnen? With both of those guys he's be giving up a lot of size too. I don't like a lot of matchups for Kos there, then again I don't like Kos so I say go ahead and move up.
KungFuMaster
9/26/11 1:33:51PM
Koscheck would be a little guppy if he decides to relocate to a larger body of water. He will not be able to swim against the fast and dangerous currents of the Amazon. There are safe holes in the Amazon where he may be able to thrive. However, being the little guppy that he is, he will not sit still and will likely create un-necessary movements in the water which may attract predators from miles away.

He can barely handle the waters of a creek. If anything, he should consider relocating to a man-made pond where guppies are actually a protected species.
prophecy033
9/26/11 1:51:01PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

You don't see many fighters move up a weight class and have success doing it
I don't think he would get a title shot at 185. Then again kos is a ship with no land in site at 170. He has some fights ahead but I doubt he will get another title shot

Kos vs shields
Kos vs story
Kos vs condit are three I would love to see

Kos v Diaz
Kos vs Penn
He still has enough interesting fights at WW to last him awhile
DeadHead988
9/26/11 8:49:49PM
Good- much more interesting matchups at 185. Also, to Gandhikush: No way in hell would Sonnen, Munoz, Stann, or Maia be easy wins. I would pick all of them to beat him.
KNIGHT
9/27/11 2:20:48AM
He once said he could cut to 155 if he had too. If he could do that and still have good cardio and strength that would be his best bet if he wanted to change weight classes imo. However i do think he has fights at WW just can't give him prospects like rory or kim until after gsp moves to MW or gets beat.