Koscheck vs Lytle scoring???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Koscheck vs Lytle scoring???
npayant
7/6/08 2:29:03PM
I don't know if this has been discussed yet... if so, I'm sorry. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

I had this fight 30-26 for Koscheck (rd. 1- 10-9, rd. 2- 10-8, rd. 3- 10-9) - at least should have been 30-27!

Can someone please explain two of the judges scores ---- 29-27 and 30-28??? Was this a mistake?

Am I missing something? Didn't Koscheck totally control that whole fight? I didn't even think a 30-28 score was possible... Koscheck didn't get any points deducted that I remember... and I can't see someone giving any round a 10-10 (is that even possible?)

Any insight or discussion would be great!
aaa9erh8er
7/6/08 2:39:27PM
you no i was thinking about this but lytle landed a couple few good shots a few decent scrambles but 97% of that fight was all koscheck it should have been 30-27 30-28 or around there
DJDark41
7/6/08 3:21:46PM
You can't have 30-28, unless the rounds get scored 10-9, 10-9 and 10-10. And, since the winner of the round gets 10, and the loser gets 9 or less, that wouldn't be possible. I heard him say it too, I'm just going to assume it was some type of error in reading or miscommunication with the judges.
npayant
7/6/08 3:26:33PM

Posted by DJDark41

You can't have 30-28, unless the rounds get scored 10-9, 10-9 and 10-10. And, since the winner of the round gets 10, and the loser gets 9 or less, that wouldn't be possible. I heard him say it too, I'm just going to assume it was some type of error in reading or miscommunication with the judges.

This is exactly what I thought. I was thinking, they must have read the judges score cards wrong. Hmmm....

Play-by-play from Mmajunkie.com:

"ROUND 3 - Lytle answers the bell, but is obviously worn down. Koscheck shoots, and Lytle defends. Lytle drops, and tries for a kimura, then a guillotine. Gutsy effort by Lytle. Koscheck pops out, and works from half-guard. More elbows from the top, and blood is pouring out of Lytle's head. More shots from the top by Koscheck, and the referee stands the bout up. Lytle is a bloody mess, but pushes forward. A clinch with less than a minute remaining. Sperated with 20 seconds remaining, and Koscheck moves away while Lytle pushes forward. Valiant effort by Lytle, but MMAjunkie.com gives the round, 10-9, and the fight, 30-27, to Koscheck. Josh Koscheck def. Chris Lytle via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-27, 30-28)."

Play-by-play from Sherdog.com:

Round 3
The cuts over Lytle's eye continue to drip blood. Koscheck looks to start the final frame where he left off, as he gets a takedown on his second shot. Elbows open the cuts wider as referee Yves Lavigne watches on closely, but perhaps not close enough. Lavigne stands the fighters up. Lytle cracks Koscheck with a flurry of punches but it is too little, far too late.

TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Koscheck (30-26 Josh Koscheck)
Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Koscheck (30-26 Josh Koscheck)
Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Koscheck (30-26 Josh Koscheck)

The official judges score the contest 30-26, 29-27, and 30-28 all for Josh Koscheck.