koscheck fighting at ufc 98 but against who??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » koscheck fighting at ufc 98 but against who??
prozacnation1978
2/26/09 10:43:26AM
i think we knew for awhile kos was gonna fight alot this year, i heard rumors he was gonna be on the may card for weeks now, possibly against karo but since karo state is up in the air here are a few names to toss around

kim
gono
anthony johnson would be a great fight
maybe rory markham but i doubt it
someone new

the thing with kos is he has fought almost every one good, besides his boys swick and fitch
not alot of options for him right now, and while we are on may subject

card is pretty much done with kos fight and hopefully one more main card fight

maybe hazlett vs saunders finally?? good card

i will be curious to see who his opponent will be
DCRage
2/26/09 11:00:53AM
It won't be Karo. Assume he's going to be out 6-12 months for his suspension and it also was supposedly contingent on Kos beating Paulo Thiago and that didn't happen.
Twenty20Dollars
2/26/09 11:04:26AM
Dong Hyun-Kim
sparky
2/26/09 2:29:57PM
Koscheck will probably take on another new comer....hopefully he pulls off the win this time!!
Mayhem13
2/26/09 2:56:41PM
I would love to see him fight his boy Fitch...but that wont won'thapen unless its for a title....

I'm gonna say Kevin Burns.
MMAcca
2/26/09 3:34:18PM
Johnson has said he wants to fight often this year...

Maybe he will step up ?
jocka
2/26/09 7:08:38PM
I would love to see KOS fight Johnson, i think that KOS would lose that one too antony is so explosive and he would time KOS on the feet plus i would love to see if KOS could take him down. KOS needs to work on his striking his looping overhand right is all he does jab then overhand, he needs to put some combo together or take it to the ground and GnP
Violence108
2/26/09 7:21:01PM
I would like to see Koscheck fight Sanchez again, Sanchez said that he would move back up to 170 to fight Josh, or Jon
i would love to see there rematch now, with Koschecks new stand up skills
it would make for a great fight, and it would be nice for Sanchez to avenage his lose to Josh
higdon10
2/26/09 7:56:29PM
I think that Kos/Johnson makes a ton of sense at this point. If Koscheck wins it solidifys him as a top 5 guy. If Rumble wins it would catapolt him near the top of the heap.
Boo_Radley21
2/26/09 8:01:08PM
Let's see him fight ether Johnson or Diego again.

I would want him to beat Diego, but I'd want Johnson to beat Kos.
ravanunen
2/26/09 9:30:16PM
Johnson vs Koscheck won't happen.
They train too close. Both are San Jose fighters; Kos from AKA and Johnson a Cung Le product, but Johnson also trains with Thomson, so I don't see them going for this fight.
Tein_Lung
2/26/09 10:51:19PM
Kos has improved ALOT since TuF but to mee he seems like he has hit a plateau in his last few fights... losing 2 out of 3 is not exactly greatness... he has shown he can beat the bottom half of the top 10 but any time he see a top 5 fighter he gets beat...

GSP = beat him at wrestling...

Thiago destroyed his legs

Paulo KOed him...

i think Kos needs to work on some things because it seems people are figuring out how to beat him... He says he never studies the fighter hes going to fight which is a massive mistake IMO....

he can get back up there but he needs to come out with something new... he got good stand up and great wrestling... he does not do much training on the ground anymore but i still think he has alot to learn on the ground... with hsi wrestling he can easily take most fights to the ground on demand... if he learnd some solid jits then he could easily take the fight back to GSP
Jackelope
2/26/09 11:24:16PM
Not taking anything away from Paulo here, but I think Koscheck just got caught. He was clearly winning the fight up until that point IMO. Anybody can get their button pushed.

As for losing to Thiago Alves- well... at this point that is becoming a long list, and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I think he needs to focus on his overall MMA game including going back to his roots and getting a takedown or two during the fights. I know he wants to be exciting, but hey, man... the current champ likes to execute takedowns and he's got plenty of fans. If Koscheck could just work on the footwork, kicks and extending his combinations he could still be VERY relevant at 170. As a matter of fact, I think he could easily challenge for the title within a few fights. It's just a matter of putting the game together correctly.
ravanunen
2/27/09 12:46:39AM

Posted by Tein_Lung

he can get back up there but he needs to come out with something new... he got good stand up and great wrestling... he does not do much training on the ground anymore but i still think he has alot to learn on the ground... with hsi wrestling he can easily take most fights to the ground on demand... if he learnd some solid jits then he could easily take the fight back to GSP

I agree with you, I am a huge Kos fan, but I think his game plan for the Paulo fight sucked. He should've gone for the take down and then just finish the fight w/ GnP. But he was looking for another knock out. And he does above average jits, i mean he trains with Dave Camarillo, he just never utilizes it.

Dropping the fight to Alves is nothing to be ashamed about either, he took it on late notice and Alves weighed close to 200 lbs after he rehydrated, so its says something that Kos was able to last 3 rounds.

Fox
2/27/09 1:43:17PM
I doubt it will be Johnson hes getting a lot of hype started and i dont think they would wanna lose that with a loss to kos. And if kos did lose they would have kos on a 2 fight loss which isnt what they want to do either. Karo makes sense but im thinking more of don hun kim(spelling?)
WheelchairBandit
2/27/09 11:25:53PM
Joe Silva will most likely throw someone like Ben Saunders or Brad Blackburn at Kos.

WB.