Would Koscheck embarass Hughes?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Would Koscheck embarass Hughes?
« Previous Page
POLL: Hughes Koscheck
Hughes decision 20% (13)
Koscheck Decision 30% (19)
Hughes SUB 13% (8)
Koscheck SUB 2% (1)
Hughes KO/ TKO 17% (11)
Koscheck KO/ TKO 19% (12)
Jackelope
3/8/08 6:27:07AM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by Jackelope

LOL @ Koscheck being bigger and stronger than Hughes

have you looked at their wrestling credentials before making an ass of yourself?

You quoted my post, and in doing so it surprises me that you didn't notice I said nothing about the wrestling credentials. I said "LOL @ Koscheck being bigger and stronger than Hughes." How you got wrestling credentials out of that I have no idea.

Anyway my point was that Hughes is and always has been a MONSTER 170. He's made a career out of man handling opponents with sheer power. It's that farm boy strength you're always hearing about. Hughes is still, and probably always will be for the rest of the sport's existence, one of the biggest and strongest 170 lb'ers out there. Koscheck's physique may look more impressive, but don't let anybody out there kid you into thinking Hughes isn't cock-diesel strong.

All things aside, hopefully you can see the meaning in what I'm writing here. I've said nothing about the wrestling credentials of either pre-MMA.

As for wrestling credentials in MMA, if they meant as much as some people think they do, well.. then Brock Lesnar wouldn't have gotten submitted by Frank Mir. Mark Coleman would still be the UFC Heavyweight Champ. Koscheck would have whooped GSP's ass. etc. etc. MMA is about Mixed Martial Arts, not wrestling.
NatedawgThaM
3/8/08 8:14:24AM
Let it be noted Matt Hughes hasn't fought anybody in the top 10 except GSP and maybe BJ Penn if you still have him ranked at 170. GSP owned him twice and was owning him the first time but made a huge mistake and tapping before the arm was even extended in the armbar with only 1 second left. BJ was manhandling him pretty badly for the 1st two rounds but then gassed or some people say he broke his rib, whatever.

My point being if Hughes can't outwrestle you or outmuscle you, he's not going to beat you. IMO every wrestler in the top 10 is better then Hughes since they are more explosive and younger and are more well rounded. IMHO I can't see Hughes beating another top 10 unless it's LNP on Davis or Alves, but not a fellow wrestler.

When Kos owns him you will see my point that Hughes is way past his prime and should retire soon.
Pitbull09
3/8/08 2:16:36PM
Hughes by decision only because Kos survived three rounds of GSP owning him. In the end, I think it could really come down to who shoots first for the takedown. ALways works with GSP when he fights a wrestler but Im sure these guys will be expecting it from each other.
silverbullet
3/9/08 5:29:12PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by Jackelope

LOL @ Koscheck being bigger and stronger than Hughes

have you looked at their wrestling credentials before making an ass of yourself?

You quoted my post, and in doing so it surprises me that you didn't notice I said nothing about the wrestling credentials. I said "LOL @ Koscheck being bigger and stronger than Hughes." How you got wrestling credentials out of that I have no idea.

Anyway my point was that Hughes is and always has been a MONSTER 170. He's made a career out of man handling opponents with sheer power. It's that farm boy strength you're always hearing about. Hughes is still, and probably always will be for the rest of the sport's existence, one of the biggest and strongest 170 lb'ers out there. Koscheck's physique may look more impressive, but don't let anybody out there kid you into thinking Hughes isn't cock-diesel strong.

All things aside, hopefully you can see the meaning in what I'm writing here. I've said nothing about the wrestling credentials of either pre-MMA.

As for wrestling credentials in MMA, if they meant as much as some people think they do, well.. then Brock Lesnar wouldn't have gotten submitted by Frank Mir. Mark Coleman would still be the UFC Heavyweight Champ. Koscheck would have whooped GSP's ass. etc. etc. MMA is about Mixed Martial Arts, not wrestling.

Dude I said that Koscheck is a bigger and stronger WRESTLER than Hughes. You twisted my post and left the last word out of it. I don't know who's stronger, Hughes or Kos! All I know is that Koscheck had a more successful college wrestling career at 174 pounds, when Hughes wrestled at 158. I may be getting my weight classes wrong.
Pages: 1 [2]