Koscheck.....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Koscheck.....
EvenFlow
2/21/09 8:19:53PM
....Got KTFO!! and it wasnt a bad stoppage really, he was stiff momentarily. This Paulo Thiagos' hands were terrible until the biggest upset of the year happened, and its only February. Congrats on the win Paulo, maybe train with a boxing coach for awhile though.
slapshot
2/21/09 11:10:09PM

Posted by EvenFlow

....Got KTFO!! and it wasnt a bad stoppage really, he was stiff momentarily. This Paulo Thiagos' hands were terrible until the biggest upset of the year happened,

I didn't see him go stiff, as far as I can tell he never went unconscious and was ready to defend himself before Thiago could even get to him on the ground. I don't like kos at all but it looked like a extremely bad stop to me. Regardless of the controversy thats not even close to the biggest upset of the year.
kris_ericson
2/21/09 11:15:13PM
no he went stiff and his arms flailed im pretty sure
Styles
2/21/09 11:34:04PM
I dont like Kos at all but it look like he was hurt.... the thing is, he wasn't out, I think he would have recovered just fine, it was an early stoppage. It is what it is though and I have been waiting for this to happen.... it was so great to see Kos hit the deck... LOL
Twenty20Dollars
2/21/09 11:54:16PM
I didnt get to see the fight because I got off work too late but ill see it tomorrow, but from what I read is koscheck pulled an old school chris leben. Swinging wildly and looking for the finish. Coming off that big KO prolly had him alittle cocky.

Another bad event for me though, it had 6 new guys in the card that havent fought in the UFC which didnt help me.
NatedawgThaM
2/22/09 1:55:15AM
All the refs were quick tonight, every fight was stopped faster then they usually would get stopped. But I don't think any stoppage was bad.

Kos could have went longer but it is what it is. He was definitely hurt really bad and it was definitely a flash KO atleast. But the ref was behind Thiago so I don't know if he saw what we saw on TV but he's lucky Kos wasn't moving. Thiago should have pounced on him!!! To avoid all this!!!

I do think the fight would have been stopped if Kos kept moving but once he recovered he just stared at Thiago waiting for him to pounce on him which made the ref think he was frozen and out but I definitely believe he woke up. He should have tried to move or roll over or something!!!

EVERY stoppage was quick and faster then usual, but none of them I feel were bad. Per Ukland getting KTFO I think was the best KO no doubt. That was fn sick!!!
gartface
2/22/09 1:57:34AM
He was out on both punches on the way down, him smacking his head on the mat is what woke him up...
jakeiceman
2/22/09 2:36:50AM
Horrible HORRIBLE HORRIBLE stoppage. That was a joke.!!!!!

He was rocked no doubt but he immediately started defending again, I dont think that it would have mattered if Thiago had pounced on him or not.

Koscheck IMMEDIATELY got back up and was not wobbly and seemed fine.

I'm pissed about that one.
Styles
2/22/09 3:04:21AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Horrible HORRIBLE HORRIBLE stoppage. That was a joke.!!!!!

He was rocked no doubt but he immediately started defending again, I dont think that it would have mattered if Thiago had pounced on him or not.

Koscheck IMMEDIATELY got back up and was not wobbly and seemed fine.

I'm pissed about that one.

Were you watching the same fight? He didn't start defending himself, the guy causually walked over to him and was really slow to even think about throwing another punch, the ref stopped it before anything else happened. I do agree though, Kos was just fine and obviously showed his displeasure, he wouldn't let the ref touch him while the official results were being read. I kind feel bad for him because this is a huge loss for Kos, this guy didn't look good at all, and probally wont do much after this. I was kinda shooting for GSP/Kos 2 just to see Kos get his ass kicked.
fizzle
2/22/09 4:01:53AM
Kos was completely defenseless. Kos would have gotten a concussion had that fight contiunued any longer than it did. Those two HUGE shots really knocked the pigsnot out of KOS and he was done. There were two roads to take for Paulo Thiago at this UFC, One road lead to obscurity in lower shows and one road led to another shot in the UFC, I think we all know which road Thaigo took by now, but for those who don't SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Kos got KTFO'd by Paulo Thiago! (and i picked Kos to win!)
slapshot
2/22/09 4:09:50AM

Posted by fizzle

Kos was completely defenseless. Kos would have gotten a concussion had that fight contiunued any longer than it did. Those two HUGE shots really knocked the pigsnot out of KOS and he was done. There were two roads to take for Paulo Thiago at this UFC, One road lead to obscurity in lower shows and one road led to another shot in the UFC, I think we all know which road Thaigo took by now, but for those who don't SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Kos got KTFO'd by Paulo Thiago! (and i picked Kos to win!)

Seems obvious to me your being a troll, kos was more than ready to defend himself right away.
fizzle
2/22/09 4:16:52AM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by fizzle

Seems obvious to me your being a troll, kos was more than ready to defend himself right away.

Yes i am being a troll by stating my opinion, i don't think he was completely ready to defend himself right away as he had his hands completely down at his sides as the ref dived on top of him. I don't see why you are attacking me on this i thought i was clear in that i thought Kos should have had the easy win here but i was completely impressed with Paulo Thiago in his defeat of a top five WW contender. Either way i see sour grapes on your end.
mentalcase
2/22/09 6:38:46AM
koscheck was out, he woke up from the impact on hiting the ground tiago knew he was out that why he walked over to him slowly and was expecting the ref to do his job
EvenFlow
2/22/09 6:58:53AM

Posted by slapshot
I didn't see him go stiff, as far as I can tell he never went unconscious and was ready to defend himself before Thiago could even get to him on the ground.

Is that a fact doctor?

Posted by slapshot
Regardless of the controversy thats not even close to the biggest upset of the year.

Your the one that started in about how bad you think the ref did. Please find a bigger upset this year sherlock.
PABLOMAFIOSO
2/22/09 9:42:55AM
I picked Kos just like everyone else. IMO the stoppage was justified, he was on his way down after the uppercut and the left hook is likely to be the reason for the look on his face while he is on the ground! Dissapointing loss but he was out of the fight when it was stopped.
Aaronno9
2/22/09 9:48:36AM
I dont think it was a good stoppage. It was a flash K.O for sure, but Kos regained his composure really quick, and you could see as Silva got close Kos put his legs up to stop Silva from easily passing his guard. I dont actually like Kos so im happy to see him loose, but I think he should of been given longer to defend himself.
Styles
2/22/09 7:58:25PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I dont think it was a good stoppage. It was a flash K.O for sure, but Kos regained his composure really quick, and you could see as Silva got close Kos put his legs up to stop Silva from easily passing his guard. I dont actually like Kos so im happy to see him loose, but I think he should of been given longer to defend himself.

Yeah Silva such a bad-ass, he didn't even have to get into the ring to KO KOS this time... Just messing with ya bro.
mkiv9secsupra
2/22/09 9:28:57PM
Chuck Liddell vs Quinton Jackson 2 and Tim Sylvia vs Andrei Arlovski 2 both have similar situations; one fighter knocks the other fight unconscious for a split second.

My point being is a knockdown, no matter how severe, isnt a knockout. Both of these fights were allowed to go past the knockdown mark and the results vary. Assuming because a fighter got knocked down and out, no matter the length of unconsciousness, is %110 inconsistent.

Josh was out for a split second yes but he immediately regained his composure and had every opportunity to prevent further damage.
kwortiz
2/27/09 3:41:57PM
He looked out for a sec ,but you can clearly see that he had his leg up in an attempt to defend himself ; Very bad stoppage. Even though the main concern should be safety the ref jumped in way to early.I don't know if the ref's do this or not :they should be obligated watch fighters past bouts in order to know their abilty to regroup. there are a few refs that when I see them in the ring /octagon I just start praying the fight ends by submission, because they seem to stop bouts way too early on punches.2 where on hand at UFC95.when I see Herb Dean I already feel it coming
slapshot
3/5/09 5:32:06AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by slapshot
I didn't see him go stiff, as far as I can tell he never went unconscious and was ready to defend himself before Thiago could even get to him on the ground.

Is that a fact doctor?

Posted by slapshot
Regardless of the controversy thats not even close to the biggest upset of the year.

Your the one that started in about how bad you think the ref did. Please find a bigger upset this year sherlock.

Like I said he didn't look stiff to me, is the ref a doctor? lol
Its on video and anyone can re-watch it and see that KOS was ready to defend himself before Thiago got over to him, thats not a opinion its a fact.

I just dont think its that big of a upset, KOS was not even a title contender at the time of the fight and was already coming off a loss, the year just started and Thiago was undefeated .... ...Watson.
EvenFlow
3/7/09 7:35:58PM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by slapshot

Is that a fact doctor?

Posted by slapshot

Like I said he didn't look stiff to me, is the ref a doctor? lol
Its on video and anyone can re-watch it and see that KOS was ready to defend himself before Thiago got over to him, thats not a opinion its a fact.

I just dont think its that big of a upset, KOS was not even a title contender at the time of the fight and was already coming off a loss, the year just started and Thiago was undefeated .... ...Watson.

The ref is the one making the decision for a doctor hes the professional not some kid/guy thats pissed about a stoppage that dosnt belong to him. You still stated OPINION as fact which is not only subjective but you didnt even find a bigger upset this year.