Kos did not win that fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kos did not win that fight
bjj1605
11/22/09 2:50:27AM
I honestly think that fight could be turned over to the Athletic Commissions for review. It could be a no-contest IMO. In the first round Kos got hurt with a punch. When Johnson stuffed his shot and threw the knee Kos pretended like it landed and took a really long time to recover. The whole time he was holding his left eye, Johnson poked him in the right eye. If I've ever seen acting from an MMA fighter, that was it.

In the second round Kos poked anthony in the eye twice, both really direct shots. I thought both looked intentional. Johnson, not wanting to make the fans wait any longer like Kos had done, took almost no time to recover.

Bottom line is Kos wasn't recovering from any kind of illegal blow, he was recovering from Anthony Johnson rocking him in the stand up. It was a shady move that was coupled by some illegal eye pokes.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this and a lot of people might not agree with me. But I had to put this out there.
Hendo67
11/22/09 2:54:13AM
I agree, Kos faked that so bad...The knee didn't even hit him, I know it was a knee to a downed opponent, and i respect that...but fact is it didn't land and Kos faked the injury. He was grabbing the wrong eye, for one, and when the camera panned back on him a few moments later his eye was open fine...

I lost tons of respect for Kos after this fight.
gartface
11/22/09 3:29:53AM
I have to spread the love, but definitely agree with you. I also lost respect for the way he disrespected Mike Swick in the post fight interview, saying something to the effect of "Dan Hardy hasn't fought anyone as good as me." That's pretty crappy as a teammate in my eyes.

I felt bad for Rumble. The guy can't catch a break with eye pokes it seems. And he actually took a finger in the eye and was ready in less than a minute. Give me a break Kos...
IriShame
11/22/09 3:59:45AM
I don't see why we can't get a rematch like with the Kevin Burns situation. Rumble deserves another shot at this one. It was too big a fight for him to lose because Koscheck is a faker.
Playground_Samurai
11/22/09 4:21:41AM
First of all, the title of this thread is absolutely rediculous.

I agree that Kos was playing it up for all it was worth when AJ threw the illegal knee, but fact is fact and the knee was illegal. In those types of situations, a fighter has 5 minutes to recover regardless of the extent of the of the injury resulted from the illegal blow. Like I said, I do agree that Kos was doing a bit of acting, but he did agree to begin fighting again before his 5 minutes was up.

As far as the eye pokes go, I can't really remember the first one at this time so I don't want to say anything about that one at this point, but i'm almost completely sure that the second one was unintentional. I've seen Josh throw his hand out like that numerous times before just before he is about to throw a big punch with his other hand. Just watch his KO of Yoshida for a clear and perfect example. Rumble could have taken more time to recover, and it's nobodies fault but his own that he didn't. besides, i'm absolutely certain that the eyepokes had no effect on the outcome of the fight.

Regardless, Josh Koscheck won the fight. I have absolutely no clue how you could title this thread saying he didn't.
Khaos
11/22/09 4:37:06AM
I disagree with all of you, Rumble Kneed his arm, which rammed into his eye, I've had something similar happen to me, and it hurts just like an eyepoke. The both fouled, the fight should stay the result it is.
king_katool
11/22/09 6:17:05AM
you ALL need to watch it again, Kos got a thumb in the eye, RIGHT before AJ throws the knees he grabs Kos head with his right hand, his thumb goes into Kos' eye, AJ throws the knee that missed which caused the stoppage, Kos wasnt faking the knee, he knows he didnt get hit with it, he got poked in the eye,
11/22/09 6:39:03AM
Kos never gets a break from the "fans", King Katool called it spot on in my eyes.
PABLOMAFIOSO
11/22/09 8:10:52AM
Kos definitely won the fight!
He was kneed illegally regardless of how long he was down. The ref let him take his time, Rumble is lucky not to have been disqualified.
I think Kos would probably beat Dan Hardy also. This fight won't happen but Kos should be next in line or maybe a rematch with Alves first.
Rush
11/22/09 9:37:20AM
We all talked about it during the fight (10 or so of us)

At first I though Koscheck got his right eye poked during the "illegal blow". Then we came to the conclusion that his arm got pushed into his eye and caught his eyelid and pulled it up. Technically, the knee was not illegal because it didn't connect with the head. However, the knee was clearly thrown to hit the head, even if it was "unintentional". That is, I am sure Johnson meant to knee the head, but didn't mean to do it when Josh was kneeling.

The finish of the fight occurred later on and I don't think it played part. Neither fighter had any momentum when the knee occurred and I would even say Josh was getting the better of the exchanges up until that point. Johnson benefited from the rest as well, if not more so than Koscheck.

There was no mistake about the eye poke from Josh, but these things happen too frequently so say there is some sort of conspiracy.

All in all, Josh was getting the better of Johnson in all aspects of that fight so I don't think either incident played part in the result.
grappler0000
11/22/09 9:47:24AM

Posted by Rush

We all talked about it during the fight (10 or so of us)

At first I though Koscheck got his right eye poked during the "illegal blow". Then we came to the conclusion that his arm got pushed into his eye and caught his eyelid and pulled it up. Technically, the knee was not illegal because it didn't connect with the head. However, the knee was clearly thrown to hit the head, even if it was "unintentional". That is, I am sure Johnson meant to knee the head, but didn't mean to do it when Josh was kneeling.

The finish of the fight occurred later on and I don't think it played part. Neither fighter had any momentum when the knee occurred and I would even say Josh was getting the better of the exchanges up until that point. Johnson benefited from the rest as well, if not more so than Koscheck.

There was no mistake about the eye poke from Josh, but these things happen too frequently so say there is some sort of conspiracy.

All in all, Josh was getting the better of Johnson in all aspects of that fight so I don't think either incident played part in the result.

I agree with most of what you have to say. But my question would be...if it was his own arm, does a fighter get a timeout for poking himself in the eye?
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/22/09 9:54:32AM
Iv'e got some footage that proves your thread's title to be wrong
nickcuc547
11/22/09 10:28:43AM
ya kos probably faked, but it's johnson's fault for hitting him with the most blatanly illegal knee i've ever seen, kos wasn't even on the way up when he threw that, and it's debatable whether those eye pokes in the second were intentional (i tougt on pupose at first glance but I don't know for certain), so the athletic commission won't overturn the result.

I was more upset with kos getting sub of the night becuse his submission wasn't half as impressive as grove's or sotiropolous'.
emfleek
11/22/09 10:53:29AM
Y'all are nuts.

I clearly remember Johnson tapping out.

Aaronno9
11/22/09 11:16:12AM
Josh, to me, is not the type of guy who would fake. Why would he? He was probably winning the fight at that point. Dudes been competing since he was a kid, I just cant see his competitive edge allowing him to cheat like that. You could see his eye was swelling almost straight away, not sure if he caught a thumb before the knee, or the knee pushed the forarm into his eye - but at the end of the day, if Johnson hadnt blaintly kneed Josh, while he was clearly down, it would never of happened. So I have no problem with it.

Josh was the better fighter last night, I think for once, it would be nice if people paid him his dues and got off his back.

In answer to the thread title though, yes, yes he did win that fight.
cheesy-maggot
11/22/09 11:31:01AM
Yeah like I read before I think it's the fact that he got kneed and eventhough he blocked it, the force of it made him poke himself. It's happened to me before too so I'm sure thats it.
emfleek
11/22/09 11:58:20AM

Posted by Aaronno9

it would be nice if people paid him his dues and got off his back.

In answer to the thread title though, yes, yes he did win that fight.

Agreed. The nuthugging surrounding Anthony Johnson recently is ridiculous. Give credit where credit is due. Your boy got beat, folks!

And with that, I'm locking this thread. Accusing a fighter of faking isn't cool.