Kos vs. Kang?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kos vs. Kang?
ohiostate1016
12/16/08 9:11:17AM
If Kang drops down to 170 after he beats Belcher in Ireland, wouldn't you just love to see this fight?
TheNatural915
12/16/08 10:58:51AM
Kos would win
pv3Hpv3p
12/16/08 11:06:44AM
With a solid debut, I'm really excited to see Kang fight a lot of guys in the UFC... I don't really see him dropping to Welter, but hell ya I'd watch this if he did... Pobably stay at MW though, as the talent pool in that division could use a little beef anyways
bayonetxwork
12/16/08 11:10:30AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

With a solid debut, I'm really excited to see Kang fight a lot of guys in the UFC... I don't really see him dropping to Welter, but hell ya I'd watch this if he did... Pobably stay at MW though, as the talent pool in that division could use a little beef anyways

I agree, MW needs him in the picture..
wiggum
12/16/08 12:31:56PM
i dont think kang could make ww anyways...he's a pretty big mw so i doubt he could make it without being extremely depleted
cmb19932
12/16/08 1:31:37PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

If Kang drops down to 170 after he beats Belcher in Ireland, wouldn't you just love to see this fight?

IF he beats belcher witch he wont i call an upset
jiujitsufreak74
12/16/08 2:02:34PM
Kang is one of the most overrated fighters out there. i am having trouble picking his fight with Belcher, and i really don't think he can defeat Kos.
jeremygreen
12/16/08 2:07:54PM
Even if kang did move down to ww, i don't think they would give him kos as an opponent right off the bat.
cowcatcher
12/16/08 2:23:09PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Kang is one of the most overrated fighters out there. i am having trouble picking his fight with Belcher, and i really don't think he can defeat Kos.

im not sure about kang being overrated, the guy is no longer in most top 10s but hes top 15 guy or so so i think he fits in where he should. when someone beats kang i certainly take notice, ie moussasi, and kangs hands are good enough to get him past almost anybody at 185.
but i dont see him dropping to WW or kos being a good choice of opponent for him. kang has good striking, but not to the point of a guy like alves that can stop a wrestler from shooting altogether and basically taking a guy like kos out of his game. kos would probably bury kang with LnP/GnP.
Wolfenstein
12/16/08 2:30:49PM
Kang could probably drop to WW, but it would be a big cut.

Kos vs Kang could go either way. If Kos falls in love with his standup and wants to bang, it would be lights out for Kos. The biggest hole in Kang's game has always been his tendency to get sloppy on the ground and open himself up for submissions. It's a good matchup for Kang I think. It would probably be very similar to the Alves fight where Kos attempts a few takedown attempts, fails, and tries to bang. I would go with Kang.

If anything I think Kang is underrated, because people take a look at his record and don't see the bigger picture...that being that he lost a lot early in his career, and his recent struggles have been at a time where he has dealt with his wife passing away.

I haven't looked forward to a fighter's debut this much, since maybe the arrival of the Gabriel Gonzaga.Maybe I'm overrating Kang a little bit, but I think a lot of people are going to be shocked at just how heavy and fast his hands are. I would go out on a limb and say his punching power is right along the same lines as Drew McFedries.
MMA
12/16/08 8:44:20PM
I don't feel that Kang will make a huge splash in the UFC due to his less than stellar performances as of late. The dude just does not seem to be motivated, didn't he say he wanted to go back into modelling?