Kos

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kos
Pitbull09
7/23/07 9:21:41PM
Does anyone think Kos has a chance against pierre? I really dont.
xchickox
7/23/07 9:24:50PM
i dont think he's got a chance against gsp, gsp's takedown defence is way too good and he'll just knock him out
jomatty
7/23/07 9:26:38PM
this has been debated on a lot of other threads but here goes...

i think he has a chance if he can first take him down, and then keep him down. this will be the real test for gsp's wrestling, which is no doubt really good but if he can stay on his feet vs kos i think he will prove he is one of the elite wrestlers in mma.

do i think kos can do this? no i dont, but i think it is possible. this will also be a good test of just how dominate kos's wrestling is.

interesting match up and i do think it will be competititive but gsp wins at least 7out of every 10 and probably more often than that.

matt
ocho-cinco
7/23/07 10:20:24PM
Serra Proved that anyone has a chance, but I just believe St Pierre is to good to lose 2 fights in a row to lesser competition. I like Kos and I think he is a good fighter, and I look forward to watching him in the next few years, but St Pierre is not the future, he is the present. The Serra fight will be something everyone remembers, but it will just turn out to be one bad night in a career that will end up in the hall of fame. I believe it will provide good experience for St. Pierre, now he knows he can't let his guard down for anyone. He will beat Kos decissively, although I think it will be competitive. Then He will beat Hughes again for the belt (after Hughes beats Serra). Then he will run the most stacked divison in the UFC for years to come.
jdubs
7/23/07 10:32:48PM
i think he is gonna win and be the next big thing
DevonFoxy
7/23/07 10:47:58PM
Everyone has there own opinion about Kos. I think he is on his way to upset GSP. He beat Diego but there seems to be a consensus that Sanchez had staph. Even if he didnt my opinion would be the same Kos would have dominated that match with his wrestling and ground and pound. I think GSP will be training more take down defense than ever for this match as everyone seems to be very sour on Josh's stand up. I disagree however as i think Kos has a very improved stand up game and it will only improve.....however its now where near the level of GSP's. I think Kos will pick his shots and take him down for three rounds throwing in some stand up and a lot hard elbows and ground and pound. I have Kos by UD. Now im sure i will be flamed beyond belief for this so let it begin.
ncordless
7/24/07 12:14:17AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Everyone has there own opinion about Kos. I think he is on his way to upset GSP. He beat Diego but there seems to be a consensus that Sanchez had staph. Even if he didnt my opinion would be the same Kos would have dominated that match with his wrestling and ground and pound. I think GSP will be training more take down defense than ever for this match as everyone seems to be very sour on Josh's stand up. I disagree however as i think Kos has a very improved stand up game and it will only improve.....however its now where near the level of GSP's. I think Kos will pick his shots and take him down for three rounds throwing in some stand up and a lot hard elbows and ground and pound. I have Kos by UD. Now im sure i will be flamed beyond belief for this so let it begin.

I won't flame you, you make a good argument. I don't see GSP getting taken down and kept down for more than one round out of three. I also think that GSP's guard keeps him from sustaining much damage during that round. GSP will win the standup and at some point hurt Kos bad. If Kos ends up on his back, he will be in big trouble. His wrestling instincts will take over and he will roll to his back, just like he did against Fickett. I see GSP winning by rear-naked, Rnd 3.
SpiderSilva
7/24/07 1:52:11AM
GSP is gonna be on a rampage I dont see kos getting him down I see GSP knocking KOS out in rd but i did take the money if he does win
fullerene
7/24/07 8:48:57AM
Koschek is a unique guy in the 170 pound division in that he legitimately has a chance to beat anyone there, including the top dogs because of his strengths--great explosiveness and wrestling. But he is also vulnerable to lose to any mid-card fighter because of his weaknesses--mediocre standup and sub defense.

He is working on his weaknesses and improving, but he is still giving up at least as much in 2 dimensions of the fight (standup and subs) as St. Pierre is giving up in the wrestling dimension. So Kos has a decent shot, but it will probably need to be a three round fight with a lot of takedowns, which aren't easy to get on GSP. GSP on the other hand could end it at any time with a strong combo or sub or win it by decision if he can keep it on the feet for most of the fight. I like the odds for GSP a lot better.
BeerisGood
7/24/07 12:10:06PM
i still dont like him or leben, holding a grudge from the show. I hope kos gets whooped his whole contract.
mrshow
7/24/07 2:34:52PM
hope gsp comes ready to play, can't focus on his loss too much
J-Platinum
7/24/07 3:44:53PM
Of course he has a chance. Now whether it's a good chance or not is a topic of intense debate. He did dominate Diego, which hadn't been done before. But his lack of submission defense and soft chin make him very susceptible to GSP's strengths. It's definitely going to be interesting.

GSP either by KO or Sub early, or a split decision after Kos takes him down a few times. Either way, GSP wins it and waits for the Serra/Hughes winner.