Kongo fighting at UFC 116

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kongo fighting at UFC 116
jae_1833
4/23/10 2:17:59PM
link
Cheick Kongo has been added to the card for UFC 116 for a match with an as-yet unnamed heavyweight, Fighters Only has learned. One name that has been linked with the match is Roy Nelson, who is coming off a win over Stefan Struve last month.
runningman08
4/23/10 2:53:11PM
Since Randy is getting the shot at James Toney now i wouldn't be surprised if they set up Kongo vs Nelson. I think all the other mid to high level card HW's already have fights coming up. Maybe Big Nog but i haven't heard anything about him since the Cain fight.
chickmagnet
4/23/10 3:12:45PM
JDS!!!
MaxOne
4/23/10 3:39:09PM
I hope Roy gets the shot at Kongo.
jae_1833
4/23/10 3:53:22PM
I can't see Kongo winning against either Nelson or JDS....I think he should be pitted against Struve or even Jon Madsen. Those guys need to be put to the test and Kongo needs to put together a string of victories...where the hell is Herring when you need him!
prozacnation1978
4/23/10 6:35:59PM
may be roy wont be jds or gonzaga
i doubt big nog as well

maybe struve but i doubt it
maybe rob broughton he was just signed this week
prozacnation1978
4/23/10 6:41:57PM
forgot broughton and him are team mates

i am seeing now other sources saying it will be burger boy roy nelson
i like this match up
postman
4/23/10 9:07:43PM

Posted by jae_1833

I can't see Kongo winning against either Nelson or JDS....I think he should be pitted against Struve or even Jon Madsen. Those guys need to be put to the test and Kongo needs to put together a string of victories...where the hell is Herring when you need him!

Making Movies I guess
Boo_Radley21
4/24/10 7:40:22AM

Posted by postman

Posted by jae_1833

Making Movies I guess

I was wondering about Herring too haven't heard anything about him in a long ass time.
BustedKnuckle
4/24/10 7:46:07PM
Its a great fight and a better match-up for Nelson. WAR THE FAT MAN!!!!!!! I hope it goes down. In reality we know Dana isn't going to give Roy any cans, and Kongo should be fighting tough opponents at time of his career. Until Roy knocks him the F@$# out!! Then he can catch a Hague type. Big Country by Domination.
gartface
4/24/10 11:47:36PM
vistol
4/28/10 4:08:31AM
i hope big country takes it to him. gut smother FTW