Kongo comments on CroCop situation

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kongo comments on CroCop situation
Next Page »
Rich78
2/14/08 11:25:48AM
Wow, so I'm pleasently surprised that I haven't seen anyone really bashing crocop on these forums for leaving the UFC to return to fight in Japan, just goes to show the level of respect playground posters seem to have.

Which is why I was shocked to see Cheick Kongo, an actual UFC fighter come out and say that...

"Cro Cop needs some juices and there he can use them without getting in trouble"

Pretty damning assessment there from his fellow heavyweight.

Kongo’s comments
tuvok500
2/14/08 11:31:29AM
Hard to disagree with Kongo on that.

wolfman
2/14/08 11:34:01AM

Posted by Rich78

Wow, so I'm pleasently surprised that I haven't seen anyone really bashing crocop on these forums for leaving the UFC to return to fight in Japan, just goes to show the level of respect playground posters seem to have.

Which is why I was shocked to see Cheick Kongo, an actual UFC fighter come out and say that...

"Cro Cop needs some juices and there he can use them without getting in trouble"

Kongo’s comments

That's real shady on Kongo's part. I think he only beat Cro Cop because CC broke his rib in the first rd and all the knee's to the groin had to of had a huge effect on him as well. No doubt he won, but CC was winning the 1st rd. and when he came out in the 2nd something didn't seem right, he was too cautious.
tuvok500
2/14/08 11:37:55AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Rich78

Kongo’s comments

That's real shady on Kongo's part. I think he only beat Cro Cop because CC broke his rib in the first rd and all the knee's to the groin had to of had a huge effect on him as well. No doubt he won, but CC was winning the 1st rd. and when he came out in the 2nd something didn't seem right, he was too cautious.

Well, last time i check CC did not break his rib alone by sitting on a bench !!
Kongo did this to him, it is a fight man, every fighters try to hurt their opponents.

It's call damage !!

Leland
2/14/08 11:38:18AM
Wow. rude comment Kongo. you lost my respect. I think he looks the same as he did back in his japan days. get over it, and learn how to win in a more exciting fashion please
StevenSeagal
2/14/08 11:46:57AM
Not to stick up for Kongo, but CC's legs looked a hell of lot less barrell-like in the UFC. IMO juice up, its more exciting lol... The main thing here is the ring is way more entertaining than the cage. Who wouldnt wanna fight in Japan where 50k crowds come to support you, fans actually know the sport and dont boo cuz their ignorant, and you get a ring that favors ur style?? Its a no brainer... There is life besides UFC. Add in soccer kicks and the potential to use juice again??? boy o boy this is perfect lol... Miss the old CC dodging and weaving in the ring off the ropes and countering... The cage feels trashy to me, always has... Ill get shit for saying that prob but w/e...
cj_striker
2/14/08 11:50:03AM
Kongo was definitely out of line, yeah you beat the guy. I'm not sure what was wrong with CC since he came to the UFC he just hasn't been the same, but the bottom line is that CC is a legend in MMA and should be treated with more respect. I really hope what I read earlier today is true, that CC is going to fight in Dream, etc. overseas for awhile, get his head back in the game and come back to the UFC with a vengance. I do think Kongo is a great fighter, but I would not want a healthy, mind on fighting and not elsewhere CC coming after me. If CC gets back to his old form Kongo better watch out. But we unfornately may never see CC in the UFC again. Hopefully he comes back though. Kongo just keep your mouth shut about guys of CC stature until you get to the top of the mountain and stay there awhile (which maybe if you shut up and work harder on your ground game, you may have a shot of doing)and even then learn how to show some respect for some of the guys that paved the way for you.
cj_striker
2/14/08 11:54:41AM
oh yeah, good point by steven seagal, not the juice thing, but the fans issue over in Japan. A lot of Japanese fighters aren't that exciting to American fans and I see why to some extent, but the fans overseas are ten times better than a lot of American fans, just ignorantly booing when they have no right. Unless you've experience what it's like to be in that cage, shut your damn mouth and enjoy the show for what it's worth. It's a human chess match is what it is, so if you can't accept that fact, then stop taking up seats that real mma fans could be in. Learn the sport or don't watch it. enough said!
Rush
2/14/08 11:57:12AM
Regardelss of whether Cro cop was using Steroids in Japan or not, this statement really shows what a lack of class Kongo has.
CactusBob
2/14/08 12:00:13PM
Ironic coming from Kongo...
Rush
2/14/08 12:04:54PM
I also want to put this out there. Are other people also getting tired of fighters trash talking when it comes time for them to fight? I mean, it's getting really old.
Mastodon2
2/14/08 12:17:04PM
What a crass idiot. Completely classless. I bet he is glad there is no risk of him ever having to fight Cro Cop again. He broke CCs ribs and still had to knee him in the balls 3 times just to slow him down enough to win a decision. I've never seen Mirko bad mouth anyone, not Kongo, not anyone. I wish more fighters were like Mirko, Fedor, Nogueira etc; respectful, even to those they beat, no matter how they win, even the people that they demolish they dont look down on. Kongo squeeks past Cro Cop and obviously can't show the same maturity or sportsmanship.
puppetmaster837
2/14/08 12:31:33PM
I completely agree with Rush. That is what made Anderson Silva my favorite fighter, he destroys people but never talks trash or disrespects them. After his first win against Franklin he said he doesn't consider himself a better fighter than him, he was just better on that night. That is a class act
StevenSeagal
2/14/08 12:43:54PM
Grain of salt basically, It gets us talking on forums right? lol Its trash talking, Its nice that there are some polite fighters but in the end its fighting...
CactusBob
2/14/08 12:45:41PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

I completely agree with Rush. That is what made Anderson Silva my favorite fighter, he destroys people but never talks trash or disrespects them. After his first win against Franklin he said he doesn't consider himself a better fighter than him, he was just better on that night. That is a class act

Silva and Franklin were practically shaking hands during their fight.

As far as I can tell, class is a more valued virtue for fighters in Japan. In the US conversely, attitude sells. I really enjoy watching fighters shake hands at the end of a fight, not be carried away by their respective corners.
woodmo
2/14/08 12:58:38PM
I wanted Herring to beat Kongo anyway, but now I want carnage.
Rush
2/14/08 1:00:15PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

good example, but let's also not forget Franklin was gracious in defeat as well. He was telling the fans not to boo Silva because he was a great fighter. That made me have a lot of respect for Franklin right there.
wolfman
2/14/08 1:20:44PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Rich78

Kongo’s comments

Kongo did this to him, it is a fight man, every fighters try to hurt their opponents.

It's call damage !!

Yes, I know. What I said came out wrong, Kongo did break his rib and I am just saying the rib and the knees to the groin factored in were devastating. So, yes I agree with what you said.
Kastro
2/14/08 1:33:35PM
Im getting sick of Kongo and all of his rude comments on Cro Cop and other fighters... he thinks he is for some reason so superior....

I cant wait to see him get destroyed sooner or later its gonna happen and I dont see him ever being champion... I still cant believe Cro Cop didn't manhandle him.
KYGUY07
2/14/08 1:40:20PM
I wouldnt expect this from kongo, way out of line
Rush
2/14/08 1:48:14PM

Posted by woodmo

I wanted Herring to beat Kongo anyway, but now I want carnage.

Me too.
Pookie
2/14/08 2:01:09PM
Kongo, the man got beat by carmelo marrera. Now he's talking trash on CC after catching a lucky break and purposely knocking him in the bonzo's.

Terrible character on that man. He should Learn some wrestling or bjj before he talks down to other people. He is undoubtable the most overrated heavyweight out there, and now the least respectful
Pookie
2/14/08 2:03:02PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Rich78

Kongo’s comments

It's call damage !!

Yes, I know. What I said came out wrong, Kongo did break his rib and I am just saying the rib and the knees to the groin factored in were devastating. So, yes I agree with what you said.

Cro-cop broke his own rib actually....
Aaronno9
2/14/08 2:17:28PM
What an idiot. I have to admit, even as a mirko fan, i lost a little respect or him for leaving the ufc. He pretty much got beat, couldnt handle it, and know hes going back to the ring where he can beat pretty much anybody other than fedor. Still, the comments about juicing where out of line, ring or cage, cro cop is on an whole other level to kongo, and i really wanted a rematch.
mkiv9secsupra
2/14/08 2:36:25PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by wolfman

Posted by tuvok500

It's call damage !!

Cro-cop broke his own rib actually....

Ha they are so blinded by the hatred of PRIDE fighters they cant see what really goes on. CC will be back and he will probably make his return against either kongo or gonzaga and when he does itll be devastation
BlazinSaddle
2/14/08 3:17:58PM

Posted by Rush

Regardelss of whether Cro cop was using Steroids in Japan or not, this statement really shows what a lack of class Kongo has.

wheather he was or not i hope cro cop read this

CRO COP vs KONGO 2.....NOW
JBatch
2/14/08 3:23:35PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Rich78

Kongo’s comments

It's call damage !!

Its was like when everyone was chirping that BJ Penn got hurt and hats the only reason Hughes beat him. Well who hurt him Matt Hughes, thats the way the fight game goes.
wolfman
2/14/08 4:17:04PM

Posted by JBatch

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Rich78

Kongo’s comments

It's call damage !!

Its was like when everyone was chirping that BJ Penn got hurt and hats the only reason Hughes beat him. Well who hurt him Matt Hughes, thats the way the fight game goes.

Everything I said is getting blown out of proportion.... I already admitted about the rib thing that it came out wrong.
NatedawgThaM
2/14/08 4:53:10PM
I think it was classless because Kongo is acting like he beat him convincingly or something with straight skill and technique. I thought he came off as a dick but he might have a good point. But we will never know which PRIDE fighters uses steroids.
cmill21
2/14/08 6:14:02PM
Just curious but why would he have to quit juicing if he in fact did? Cycleing roids out of your body only takes a week or two, they know when they'll be tested so....Also Kongo had a clinic put on him in the first round, Cro Cop dislocated/cracked his rib throwing an awkward high kick, Kongo acctually did nothing in the first round that could be thought to damage Cro Cop's ribs. Kongo should keep saying how he's the "best french kickboxer", thats less stupid then what he said today.
Pages: [1] 2