Kongo/Al-Turk & CB/Massenzio over Lister/Okami ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kongo/Al-Turk & CB/Massenzio over Lister/Okami ?
POLL: I would prefer......
Kongo/Al-Turk and CB/Massenzio as it is 14% (6)
Kongo/Al-Turk and Lister/Okami 67% (28)
CB/Massenzio and Lister/Okami 19% (8)
Kpro
12/15/08 7:37:27PM
We obviously get the Griffin/Evans, Mir/Nog, and Wandy/Rampage fights. But do you think the other 2 fights should've been the Kongo & CB fights rather than Lister/Okami ?
Pookie
12/15/08 7:42:36PM
Cb/Massenzio & Lister/Okami is what i would prefer personally.
Kpro
12/15/08 7:45:30PM

Posted by Pookie

Cb/Massenzio & Lister/Okami is what i would prefer personally.

Those are the two I want to see also.
Aether
12/15/08 8:17:18PM
I'd rather see kongo/al-turk and lister/okami.
RNC
12/15/08 9:06:51PM
It is because both Lister and Okami are relatively unknown to the mainstream UFC fan. Both Lister and Okami don't fight that regularly, while Kongo just fought not too long ago and everyone knows CB from TUF. I would rather see CB/Massenzio and Lister/Okami myself, but it's all about popularity.
copcopps
12/15/08 9:21:57PM

Posted by Aether

ThaAxeMurderer7
12/15/08 9:31:14PM
I def. prefer Lister/Okami over both Kongo/Al-Turk and CB/Massenzio. In fact, I would rather see Hamill vs. Andy over those fights as well.
Jackelope
12/15/08 9:54:42PM
I think you guys are going to be impressed by the CB you will see in this upcoming fight. Remember, it's wrestler vs. wrestler so generally you will end up seeing a standup war when styles match up like that
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
12/16/08 2:22:10AM
Massenzio and CB is a bad blood match. CB beat Massenzio in the finals of the NJCAA wrestling tournament to capture his National Title in a very close and disputed match. CB then transfered to ASU. Meanwhile, Massenzio won the entire tournament the following year.

Massenzio never obtained his revenge. Now he gets the chance.

But yea, screw Kongo...to the undercard with you!
MMAcca
12/16/08 2:30:20AM

Posted by copcopps

Posted by Aether

MikeyG
12/16/08 4:40:31AM
I'm calling teh upset, Al Turk will beat Kongo, GnP TKO round 2 from easy takedowns via no ground game
Aether
12/17/08 2:27:32AM

Posted by MikeyG

I'm calling teh upset, Al Turk will beat Kongo, GnP TKO round 2 from easy takedowns via no ground game

Yeah I've been saying the same for a while, I'm pretty shocked that he's such a huge underdog. I just really have no faith in kongo at all unless he's fighting another standup fighter or a can. Guy has easily the worst ground game at HW.
MMAcca
12/17/08 2:30:07AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by MikeyG

Yeah I've been saying the same for a while, I'm pretty shocked that he's such a huge underdog. I just really have no faith in kongo at all unless he's fighting another standup fighter or a can. Guy has easily the worst ground game at HW.

I wouldn't be so sure guys. imo Al-Turk is nowhere near good enough to be in the UFC and if he was American he wouldn't have got a look-in at a UFC contract.

Kongo should win this.
MikeyG
12/17/08 8:36:24AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Aether

Posted by MikeyG

I wouldn't be so sure guys. imo Al-Turk is nowhere near good enough to be in the UFC and if he was American he wouldn't have got a look-in at a UFC contract.

Kongo should win this.

That's kinda shocking coming from a fellow brit but I still say he takes him down at will and at least gets a UD if anything, and I seriously doubt he was brought in because of where hes born.

I've seen a few of his fights and hes better than average and has a close ADCC match with Gonzaga almost winning it and 2005 European ADCC champ, hes likely not a UFC title contender but dude is better than Grove or Wain and ppl are overlooking him severely imho.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/17/08 9:15:29AM
yeah i cant believe lister is getting punked out of the main card again. one of my fav fighters and hope he pulls it off against big okami
Aether
12/17/08 5:09:21PM
it's not that I think al-turk is that good, I just think Kongo is so bad on the ground that anyone with halfway decent grappling should be able to beat him with a smart gameplan.
Svartorm
12/20/08 3:10:19AM
Honestly, I don't think Lister vs. Okami is going to be a very good fight, as Lister doesn't have the tools to deal with Okami, and Okami never seems to be in a hurry to win a fight. CB vs. Massenzio should be a great one, and Kongo vs. Al-Turk has potential, but there are better fights on that card. Hopefully theres a few short ones to fit in some of the more exciting undercard bouts.
deezyo
12/20/08 11:21:50PM
i think it should trade places with the cb fight
fonduktoe
12/22/08 3:15:54AM
dana white is just worried that lister v okami will be a snoozefest (and could very well be)
they have marketability in mind just as much (if not more so) than straight up rankings competition
the "spectator" in spectator sport still holds more resonance in mma as it is still trying to find it's mainstream foothold
if the casual fan wasn't an aspect of matchmaking than fighters like machida would have already had title fights
as much as i appreciate the nuances of the sport when i shell out for my ppv i want to see the frenetic fights live.