Anyone know about a ufc video game?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anyone know about a ufc video game?
nastshabast
7/3/07 11:37:03PM
i hope this hasn't been discussed a million times but does anyone know anything about a xbox or sony game????
kevietre
7/4/07 2:01:32AM
Its hard to do an mma game because anything can happen in a fight. Sudden Impact the UFC game was horrible the pride game was much more fun and realistic.
loller90278
7/4/07 2:12:25AM
ea sports comin out with a ufc game next year i believe
nastshabast
7/4/07 2:25:16AM
no way.....sick news.....ea does a good job with everything.......hope it's fight night esq
FeelTheJoy
7/4/07 6:25:04AM
i dont think it will be good. because there is so much you can do in mma. and like that guy said anything can happen. but i prob will get it
owen1
7/4/07 9:56:50AM
its thq bringing out the ufc game.the same people that make the wrestling games.they signed a contract with the ufc
DJDark41
7/4/07 10:09:35AM
It's not EA, so don't get too excited. THQ has done a (relatively)good job with the WWE Wrestling games, so I expect that they can make a decent MMA game.
InkedUp
7/4/07 1:37:19PM
i think no matter who is making it, people are going to buy it unless the reviews are it are simply horrible.
ultimatefighter33
7/4/07 2:46:26PM
from wut iv read its gonna be thq at the helm to make a ufc game i just hope they make it the best video game ever
xchickox
7/4/07 2:54:50PM
thq did a really good effort with the recent wwe games and they are quite realistic so hopefully they can this with the new ufc game
Infused
7/4/07 4:11:28PM

Posted by nastshabast

ea does a good job with everything

EA is the devil. They messed up the Battlefield series up good.
StorminYourman
7/4/07 4:42:55PM
I hope it will be good the past MMA games have sucked donkey loads IMO
Ydoc
7/4/07 5:00:15PM

Posted by xchickox

thq did a really good effort with the recent wwe games and they are quite realistic so hopefully they can this with the new ufc game

THQ/AKI did the N64 wrestling games, everything beyond that has been done by THQ. So I'm a little worried on this one, but I'll hope for the best.
rcg916
7/4/07 6:10:01PM

Posted by Infused

Posted by nastshabast

EA is the best, if you play sports games at all...
nastshabast
7/4/07 6:11:14PM

Posted by Infused

Posted by nastshabast

whatever dude i mean sports games
rcg916
7/4/07 6:15:59PM

Posted by nastshabast

Posted by Infused

Posted by nastshabast

whatever dude i mean sports games

Huh?

Weird response man...
Basshandsome
7/4/07 9:18:01PM
I know they made one for X box and dreamcast quite a while ago and it was pretty bad. I cant believe that they havnt put out more tho. If you look at the demographics of the people who watch MMA its like the same as people who play videogames... It would only make sence to release a UFC game.
Ultimate_fighter
7/5/07 2:33:16AM

Posted by loller90278

ea sports comin out with a ufc game next year i believe

EA is awesome for every sports game, why u acting smart about this stuff, man. UFC just signed with THQ, till 2011.
Ultimate_fighter
7/5/07 2:36:35AM

Posted by DJDark41

It's not EA, so don't get too excited. THQ has done a (relatively)good job with the WWE Wrestling games, so I expect that they can make a decent MMA game.

Yea, i own the WWE 2007 game... its awesome to be Kurt Angle becuz he is the clostest to MMA, the submissions and such. So i think they should make an awesome game for UFC. The rear naked on that game is sweet looking, only if the guy is as big as u... wen ur like against big show... it looks bad.. they go through eachother... but weight classes, they will almost have the same sized people (other than HW)
AmericanFighterAce
7/5/07 5:11:39PM
As long as it is not like Sudden Impact and Tapout 1 and 2 then it should be fine, those three games sucked.

Its so hard to do a mma game I just don't see it being good, because if you have a life bar then that is just really stupid and very unrealistic.
nastshabast
7/5/07 6:19:52PM
technology goes a long way these days i'm sure they won't jump the gun on anything to stupid......but i never really liked the boxing games until the newest fight night .......i'm sure no game will ever be perfect but i'm confident the next mma game will have a little more substance to it and not be so mortal combat/wwf ish
bonedigger
7/5/07 11:31:30PM
This won't be exactly what you're looking for but......Greydog Software are working on a MMA sim ran from the promotional side of things. The game is called World of Mixed Martial Arts (or WMMA for short) and is due to be released during autumn/fall of this year. Here's the link.

WMMA is a PC-based management simulator set in the world of Mixed Martial Arts. The player takes control of an MMA company, and is in charge of just about everything to do with its running, including hiring fighters, match making, marketing, and so on.

Ydoc
7/6/07 12:15:37AM
Thanks for the tip bone. I use to read some wrestling matches guys use to sim... you can just randomly make all kinds of stupid things happen. I'd make Tank Abbot fight feather weights and feed Wes Sims to Fedor.