I really need to know this: Who has officially signed with M-1?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » I really need to know this: Who has officially signed with M-1?
jiujitsufreak74
2/11/08 8:28:27PM
everyone tosses this organization like it is some kind of mega corporation with aspirations to overthrow the UFC. i don't even know if they have any other fighters besides Red Devil fighters, which includes fedor of course, and i can't find any proof of other fighters signing. can anyone please give me any additional information about this organization like current stable of fighters, first original card, rules, or pretty much anything that will help me better understand it.

but, out of the issues i mentioned the main question i would like answered first is the stable of fighters because this is really bothering me.

i appreciate any help
stock
2/11/08 8:40:53PM
That's an outstanding question. I really don't know.
Although, there are rumors that my 8 year old nephew may be signing a one fight deal as Fedor's next opponent.

It has not been confirmed yet if he will be allowed to throw knees or not.
tuvok500
2/11/08 8:43:09PM
M-1 is basically a promoter to Fedor only.

The super long list of fighters who are going FOR SURE to sigh with M-1 are just funny and completely imaginary !!

I think the guy who live close to the other guy is probably going to eventually think about fighting Fedor, well depend of the rules they are going to have, i mean, Fedor's manager may ask that Fedor will wear a Motocross helmet just to be sure that he can go for the take down without any risk !!

jiujitsufreak74
2/11/08 8:50:16PM

Posted by tuvok500

M-1 is basically a promoter to Fedor only.

The super long list of fighters who are going FOR SURE to sigh with M-1 are just funny and completely imagination only !!

I think the guy who live close to the other guy is probably going to eventually think about fighting Fedor, well depend of the rules they are going to have, i mean, Fedor's manager may ask that Fedor will wear a Motocross helmet just to be sure that he can go for the take down without any risk !!

thats what i figured it was but there are a lot of people saying that they are starting to accumulate fighters but i see no sign of that. as far as i was concerned i thought M-1 was pretty much like a leech where they let fedor fight on other cards and just add their name to it.

if anyone can prove me otherwise i would gladly take back my words, so long as i find out the truth with this organization.
bullettdodger
2/11/08 10:01:33PM

Posted by stock

That's an outstanding question. I really don't know.
Although, there are rumors that my 8 year old nephew may be signing a one fight deal as Fedor's next opponent.

It has not been confirmed yet if he will be allowed to throw knees or not.

anyone want to take an avatar bet, i got stock's 8 year old nephew by armbar submission in RD 1
mrsmiley
2/11/08 10:40:54PM
I've wondered this myself.They pretty much just promote Fedor and no one else.Do they plan to bank soley on one fighter?
cmill21
2/11/08 10:43:08PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I've wondered this myself.They pretty much just promote Fedor and no one else.Do they plan to bank soley on one fighter?

I think they bank on co-promotions, until they get a good tv deal in the US or Japan.
jae_1833
2/11/08 11:24:35PM
M-1 site

Try this, it has a list of fighters, but not many recognizable ones, just mainly the Red Devil team and a few others, sorry but best I could do
cmill21
2/11/08 11:28:05PM
Hmm I didn't know they signe Suloev...pretty nice pick up acctually. They have been around for a long long time just incase people still felt like calling them an "upstart" promotion. I don't hear many people saying the UFC didn't exist until 2001 when Zuffa bought it but that seems to be what some people think about M-1.
Kpro
2/11/08 11:34:10PM
Well any Red Devil fighters who signs with Bodog instead of M1 are being kicked out of the the Red Devil fight team; I almost feel like Finkelstein is surely becoming a Russian version of Dana White.

And all that comparison means is that he does what's best for business, ignoring any other ramifications of decisions.
telnights
2/12/08 1:35:45AM
I really don't know if they can afford many more fighters as much as they are paying Fedor to beat up cans. I really kind of shocked that Monte Cox is the CEO. Really a hardcore conflict of interest.

Posted by Kpro

Well any Red Devil fighters who signs with Bodog instead of M1 are being kicked out of the the Red Devil fight team; I almost feel like Finkelstein is surely becoming a Russian version of Dana White.

And all that comparison means is that he does what's best for business, ignoring any other ramifications of decisions.

Hum thats funny because if thats true that means their hole we let our fighters fight anywhere is BS. It should be we let our fighters fight anywhere as long as it benefits M-1. People knock the UFC but when Red Devil's management (which is VP of M-1) is doing even worse by cutting people just because they don't sign with M-1 you don't hear all these people trash talking them. Its a smart move by his management but as a hole I don't know of any real top fighters other than Fedor an his brother on the Red Devil team.
cmill21
2/12/08 8:38:17AM

Posted by telnights

I really don't know if they can afford many more fighters as much as they are paying Fedor to beat up cans.

I've never heard you say that before...I'm shocked.
jomatty
2/12/08 9:42:52AM
to say that finkelstien is kicking anyone who fights for another organization out of the red devil fight club is really not fair. semenov was supposed to fight at a specific date for m1 and chose to fight for their biggest rival in russia instead, canceling his planned fight for m1. this is very different than him just fighting for another organization. they may not have had him sign a contract yet and sure that is good enough from a legal standpoint but the russians seem to hold ones word and honor very highly and it appears that fedor and others think he went back on his...whether he did or not i dont know but all this talk of m1 only offering exclusive contracts and being the russian of dana white and the ufc is a little premature imo.