Does anyone know what happened to the Up and Comer Corey Hill?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Does anyone know what happened to the Up and Comer Corey Hill?
Xkwizit720
10/5/07 5:06:15PM
Does anyone know what happened to the Up and Comer Corey Hill? I know he denied Matt Hughes offer on being one of the four fighters to start his new gym but is he ever going to fight?
Tailgunner
10/5/07 5:15:31PM
I think Corey Hill has a long way to go before he is considered a "real" up and comer.

He did show alot of potential on TUF , we will see if he pans out.
Aries2343
10/5/07 5:30:49PM
Hill is not a great fighter he did somthing really stupid he took Nate down which we all know is a amature move although he did show some talent but not enough in my mind he should have lost to Emberson I thought he did if he was to be good he should stay in some little brand till he gets more expirience then he should jump up to welterweight were he would be more comfortable then he would be a emproved fighter
Rush
10/5/07 5:42:27PM

Posted by Xkwizit720

Does anyone know what happened to the Up and Comer Corey Hill? I know he denied Matt Hughes offer on being one of the four fighters to start his new gym but is he ever going to fight?

Wasn't/Isn't he supposed to be injured?
BigEvil
10/5/07 6:01:11PM
I have no idea what he's doing... I really liked him on the show especially after he got over that I'm on T.V. so I have to act like a crazy mutha faze. I wish he would hook up with Jeremy Horn and start taping some serious potential though.
fullerene
10/5/07 6:13:26PM
Corey hurt his ribs. He was training with MFS and was rumoured to be leaving there with Hughes, but that looks like it won't be happening:

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/09/06/corey-hill-opts-out-of-team-hughes-affiliation/

loonytnt
10/5/07 10:48:01PM

Posted by fullerene

Corey hurt his ribs. He was training with MFS and was rumoured to be leaving there with Hughes, but that looks like it won't be happening:

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/09/06/corey-hill-opts-out-of-team-hughes-affiliation/

thanks for the info
MMA
10/5/07 11:08:44PM

Posted by Aries2343

Hill is not a great fighter he did somthing really stupid he took Nate down which we all know is a amature move although he did show some talent but not enough in my mind he should have lost to Emberson I thought he did if he was to be good he should stay in some little brand till he gets more expirience then he should jump up to welterweight were he would be more comfortable then he would be a emproved fighter

Yeah, I also thought Emerson won that fight but I thought Hill showed a lot of improvement in his fight against Diaz. He was actually winning the fight up to the point where he got submitted. He was picking Diaz apart on his feet and stuffing those TDs.
muaythai4life
10/6/07 12:19:38AM
honestly I don't think Nate Diaz is all that much. Almost every fight he's been in he's been losing the fight until a submission victory. He was also on track to lose to Manny if it wasn't for that shoulder injury, and then Nate walked off like he just beat the trash outta the guy. I like how when Joe said "I know this isn't how you wanted to win it" nate answers back that he did in fact like the way he won lol.

I liked cory, he's got a lot of heart for someone with no training. If he's training at MFS and hurt his ribs isn't he then still training at MFS just recovering?
hathcock32
10/6/07 2:21:57AM
Hill could be a force in the lightweight divison after a few years with Jeremy Horn, Pat Militich, Jens Pulver so on.
2mcgrath
10/7/07 12:30:44AM
i dont know if hill has got what it takes right now.he has a long way to go to even be considered a half way decent fighter
Mitchell740
10/7/07 8:11:12AM
Acording to Jacob Hey (3-0) trains with HIT, Corey Hill is going to join HIT (Hughes intensive training) He said he had not trained with him yet so I can't tell you if he has progressed.
Boo_Radley21
10/7/07 10:58:53AM
I was wondering why Hill wasn't fighting on the finale. I think he's got potential if he trains with some top fighters and works on his game. Did he accept Jeremy Horn's offer on the show?
LightsOut33093
10/7/07 10:12:01PM
hahahhahahah boo radley was the guy from "to kill a mockingbird"
Pitbull09
10/8/07 12:11:20AM
Hes got potential but anyone who passes up a chnace to start a gym with matt hughes just threw a huge opprotunity away